Tell me about Florida

George Clooney

Oh btw, the stadium is just about always open, you can walk right in.  You'll see folks working out running the stairs.  When there was artificial turf you could walk onto the field too.   There was a big F instead of the Gator head.   People used to sneak in at night and F on the F or so I'm told, I totally wouldn't know anything about that, like at all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, locodos said:

Perhaps, but wasted freshmen will never know the joy of hopping on an old school bus and getting carted off to a 24hr diner that has a 30min wait at 2AM.  Then you get seated and there is a band playing kids songs and the whole restaurant is singing Puff the Magic Dragon.

That does not exist and it's a tragedy.  

Also the student ghetto looks very corporate now.

RIP

• Burrito Brothers
  • Leonardos
  • Skeeters
  • Balls
  • Copper Monkey
  • Joe's Deli
  • Iveys
  • Rocky Rococco (Chain)
  • CJ's

Pour one out.  Grad school for me 93-95, GA on the Sports Medicine staff.  To this list I would add the oh-so-politically incorrect Chinee Takee Outee and the $3.99 large one topping carry out special at Hungry Howie's.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, locodos said:

Perhaps, but wasted freshmen will never know the joy of hopping on an old school bus and getting carted off to a 24hr diner that has a 30min wait at 2AM.  Then you get seated and there is a band playing kids songs and the whole restaurant is singing Puff the Magic Dragon.

That does not exist and it's a tragedy.  

Also the student ghetto looks very corporate now.

RIP

• Burrito Brothers
  • Leonardos
  • Skeeters
  • Balls
  • Copper Monkey
  • Joe's Deli
  • Iveys
  • Rocky Rococco (Chain)
  • CJ's

People porpoise 

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

People porpoise 

I'm assuming this was an autocorrect victim.  The Purple Porpoise was a staple on the strip for a long time.  Definitely belongs on the list.

(insert angry dolphin joke here)

Edited by SurlyGator
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, SurlyGator said:

I'm assuming this was an autocorrect victim.  The Purple Porpoise was a staple on the strip for a long time.  Definitely belongs on the list.

(insert angry dolphin joke here)

Yeah I had some great memories there, but I was between 4 and like 10 so it was all just soda and arcades. 

Gator Zone I think is there now, while it ain't the same. It's not so bad.