Tom Herman's OU week press conference 10/5, Noon

Tex Pete

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Meh.  I recall Brown saying that Sunday practices had went well after the 4 Black Saturdays against OU.    After we'd been raped to the tune of a combined 246-65.

So give Herman a break.  Brown is one of his mentors and the Sunday-went-well comment is part of the sage advice that was passed along. 

We always bounced back strong after the OU buttfucking and finished the year really well.

If we respond this year the way Brown used to respond to the OU loss everybody is going to be pleased with this season.  

Mack Brown was a much better coach than Tom Herman. (note- Mack still had to go- it was never getting fixed at Texas etc etc etc). That doesn't make the rest of what I posted untrue.  

Mack was 19-6 to finish the regular season in those games.  When he had good teams and his fastball still he was 12-0. After he slipped he was 7-6 post OU.  

2 hours ago, Minute Bull said:

Kurt Bowels should hand Herman a sword, and and Chip Brownnose can ask him if he is familiar with Seppuku, as a means of restoring honor to the Longhorn family.

Won’t work, Tom can’t execute. His second will have to disembowel then behead him.

94619E05-605D-4CF4-8484-9C32FE2A9AB8.jpeg

Edited by El Squared

39 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The vast majority of the faculty and administration couldn't care less if the athletic program suffers a loss in revenue.

Well when Texas alienates all of it rich and powerful alumni in an attempt to become great value Cal Berkeley, there going to miss that money and support the next times a bunch of fuck sticks and aggies in the state house decide to knock Texas down a peg or two.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

Who gives a shit about the players staying for The Eyes. It was agreed they didn't have to do it anymore if they didn't want to. If that doesn't sit well with our entitled, whiny fan base then those people can fuck off. If we were undefeated and blowing people out, no one would give a shit about the players not staying for the Eyes.

Exactly: would rather the players: catch the forward pass, tackle instead of bounce off, open up holes for the RBs, defend against the forward pass, play with energy for four quarters. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Holy shit i can't believe i just watched that,

First thing i heard was the covid excuse, also did anyone else pick up on he said this new defensive formation is why we suck dick on defense? What does going from a 3-3-5 to a 4-2-5 have to do with Tackling Tom? Also these are 3/4 star recruits and he is acting like they are dumb and it take3s WEEKS maybe Months or even years to adjust within the Ash system? Literally paused the video and yelled at my computer screen. There is NO WAY the defense Ash brought is so complicated they aren't prepared and have no idea how to play defense. 

He said "This was literally the first time they have ever seen these offenses in this scheme and are learning".. What are they fucking 2nd grade pee wee team? 

I thought we brought Ash in to simplify the defense? 

Also noticed too like someone else said how laid back Tom was, He had ZERO tremble in his voice and was not acting like he had any heat at all. "Awesome Sunday practice" Who fucking cares about your sunday practice if you can't win saturday? 

dont forget about Family Fridays

Why do no reporters at these stupid pressers ever counter UConn Tom when he says, “It’s fixable.” Does not one them have enough balls to say, “what’s fixable specifically? Can you clarify?” And if there is enough word salad from Tom to equate a response of what needs to be fixed then ask him, “How do you intend to fix ...? Did Sunday practice solve the issue?”

he sucks. High school “reporters” could ask better questions than the car wash shit pressers we see after games. He needs to be grilled. Like fajita meat. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Why do no reporters at these stupid pressers ever counter UConn Tom when he says, “It’s fixable.” Does not one them have enough balls to say, “what’s fixable specifically? Can you clarify?” And if there is enough word salad from Tom to equate a response of what needs to be fixed then ask him, “How do you intend to fix ...? Did Sunday practice solve the issue?”

he sucks. High school “reporters” could ask better questions than the car wash shit pressers we see after games. He needs to be grilled. Like fajita meat. 

Other than injury updates, most CFB Head Coach Monday press conferences are a joke...

Saban's only goal in his early gameweek press conference is to send messages to his team.  Saban does not "give a fuck" what reporters or fans get out of it...

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Slick16 said:

The first time I sang "The Eyes" at a UT football game was in 1963.  I'm also a graduate, a foundation donor, and a season ticket holder.  And I have been, both before and during this entire 11-season shitshow we've been watching, while our entitled coaches and team don't have enough pride to give a fuck that our program sucks.  It matters to me if the team doesn't represent the WINNING traditions of the University of Texas.   The whiny and entitled are IN the program.  So, you can fuck off if you don't like that, and so can they. 

84854E6C-17B7-4B21-92B3-EF2984962189.gif.e04346f28eb49114fd7aed6d8f0714a3.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I'll spend this OU game the same as everyone since 2010; crying, drunk, screaming in the bathroom while asphyxiating myself from the towel rack (while gratifying myself). The neighbors will probably call the constable, AGAIN. That guy hates me. Bottom line, if I mix some heavy drugs into this equation, some real damage could be done. What if I break the mirror and glass gets everywhere? Do you think Herman cares? No.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, Slick16 said:

The first time I sang "The Eyes" at a UT football game was in 1963.  I'm also a graduate, a foundation donor, and a season ticket holder.  And I have been, both before and during this entire 11-season shitshow we've been watching, while our entitled coaches and team don't have enough pride to give a fuck that our program sucks.  It matters to me if the team doesn't represent the WINNING traditions of the University of Texas.   The whiny and entitled are IN the program.  So, you can fuck off if you don't like that, and so can they. 

You need to take a time out and drink some Metamucil, old timer, because you're saying the same thing he is. When the product is winning everything is all good

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that wasn't Brian's question. It was more about what were Tom's thoughts about the fans being unhappy that the players aren't staying for the Eyes. Brian stated he underestimated the anger it had caused in the fan base. 

The players didn't all come sing the Eyes when I was a student. The fans who are "angry" sound like they might be our equivalent to Aggies angry about Mond. 

I think the deal with the players where they don't have to sing the Alma Mater reflects well on the school and the athletes. I wasn't forced to sing it in the stands. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slick16 said:

Appreciate your loyalty!!!

Times change and some traditions change though -- Even DKR adjusted

darrell-royal-texas-jenkins-lead.jpg

Darrell-Royal.jpg

OIP.JJdCXmvzmdXWui6B92fmpAHaG1?pid=Api&d

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I really don't understand some of the questions that get asked during these things. "Coach what do you think of the atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl!". "Coach do you think the Big 12 will get a team in the playoffs?!". 

Meanwhile, no questions at all about Kenyatta Watson transferring, or Bijan not playing a snap against TCU. Things like that, that you'd actually like to see answered. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Who just isn’t uncomfortably numb after 11 years of millionaire loser HCs? 

These space occupying lesions, either too lazy, too stupid , or too arrogant, with the common feature of giving all the stiff middle finger cuz they got big paychecks guaranteed no matter how they deeply pathetic they suck.

What a fucked up system of D1 major sports.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Red Five said:

I really don't understand some of the questions that get asked during these things. "Coach what do you think of the atmosphere at the Cotton Bowl!". "Coach do you think the Big 12 will get a team in the playoffs?!". 

Meanwhile, no questions at all about Kenyatta Watson transferring, or Bijan not playing a snap against TCU. Things like that, that you'd actually like to see answered. 

Sportswriters are the dumbest people in the world paid to write. That's why the occasional bright one stands out so much.

They're pretty much like Poke Salad Annie's father. 

23 hours ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Bragging about talking to Dabo....

Has anyone ever talked to a peer asking for advice and one tries to provided it. Then you hang up the phone and think, "Damn that person has no clue what they are trying to take on. Failure is unavoidable but I tried my best to help.".

• Hook 'Em 1