Is there a thread to talk about how much Bon Jovi sucks?

Paul Wesley

Bon Jovi sucked. Hard.

There is no "don't lie, you liked..."noididn't.  I remember the suckage as it was happening and time hasn't helped. At. All. Got nothing against Jon Bon or anyone making a business decision in the entertainment industry, but everything about that band was cringe-worthy and needed to die for the sake of western civilization. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Bon Jovi sucked. Hard.

There is no "don't lie, you liked..."noididn't.  I remember the suckage as it was happening and time hasn't helped. At. All. Got nothing against Jon Bon or anyone making a business decision in the entertainment industry, but everything about that band was cringe-worthy and needed to die for the sake of western civilization. 

Perhaps you need to watch this video and then come back with another response.

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, there is no way a legit musician can be named "Kip".

I mean:

Gatemouth

Ludwig

Beverly

Miles

Jimi

Itzhak

Wolfgang

Dre

Kip?

I dunno... have you heard his classical works?

I mean... they're really, really good.

12 hours ago, Topper13 said:

Woke up to this on the stereo. Bon Jovi sucks, Night Ranger might suck more. 

Of course Night Ranger sucks more!

I had nearly my entire digital life stolen out of a rental vehicle in a smash & grab in Oakland which included my all but my first year in Buenos Aires (out of 7 1/2), so when I was in Argentina 2 months after being robbed, I went out and about and took photos of everything. I came across this photo across the street from the massive mosque & muslim cultural center in Palermo.

A poster hyping everyone's favorite band playing at Estadio Velez Sarsfeld, where I saw an Ireland vs Argentina rugby match (their B-teams) in April of 2007 and The Killers in ~October of 2007. You play South America and they will love you forever.

Bon Jovi in BA poster June 24 2017.png

On 10/31/2020 at 1:24 PM, Topper13 said:

Woke up to this on the stereo. Bon Jovi sucks, Night Ranger might suck more. 

Saw Night Ranger at Astroworld in the 80s, as far as sounding just like the recordings those fuckers were spot on, I mean spot fucking on. They put on a good show.

Night Ranger did pre-production for one of their later albums at the Austin Rehearsal Complex.  In a hallway conversation, one of those douchebags offered to sell me their mixing console they were using to track demos.  Never mind the fact that it was a generic Mackie board, they wanted more than list price for it, "because Night Ranger had used it".

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Saw Night Ranger at Astroworld in the 80s, as far as sounding just like the recordings those fuckers were spot on, I mean spot fucking on. They put on a good show.

Ok, I went back and re-listened to a bit more NR (Sister Christian, etc...), and you guys are right, they don't deserve to be in a Bon Jovi thread. I do apologize. 

• Hook 'Em 1