2020 Texas Early Voting Numbers

StassneyHorn

9 minutes ago, thepop said:

Fuckin San Antonio. I hate everything about that place except the tacos and Spurs.

598,691 votes were cast in Bexar county in 2016.  Having 19.3% of the 2016 vote total in a week before early voting usually starts can't be bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

On researching numbers, I used the Texas SoS election page. For many of the counties, they tell you exactly who has already voted this year.  By name. You can see that John Smith of whatever county voted in person or by mail this week.

I realize they don't tell you the details of the vote but this is incredible information for them to disclose. This would ultimately allow campaigns to continually narrow their focus on people that haven't voted yet. They can keep analyzing the numbers daily to find high probability voters that haven't engaged yet. Then act on it even to the point of knocking on their door to understand what's up.

That's exactly what the campaigns do.  And so if you really love your candidate/party, it is helpful to them for you to vote as early as possible.  That way they don't waste any resources on you in getting out the vote.

I will tell you that this is one real problem with the GOP "we're going to wait until Election Day" strategy.  They're going to have to do a lot of GOTV work on a lot of people.  If 75% of the Democratic vote has already happened before Election Day, the Democrats working on GOTV can be a lot more focused in their efforts.

16 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

598,691 votes were cast in Bexar county in 2016.  Having 19.3% of the 2016 vote total in a week before early voting usually starts can't be bad. 

The other thing to keep in mind, 2020 mail-in ballots for Bexar county already exceed the total mail-in ballots from 2016 (39,000 total in 2016 vs 45,859 in 2020 so far). 

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Williamson, Denton, and Collin bringing the subruban heat. That could be very good or very bad.

This is purely anecdotal evidence.  My parents live in Wilco, Sun City to be exact, which is not an insignificant portion of the population, and there are other similar retirement communities throughout the area.  To speak very generally, it's an old, white, conservative population with a lot of former-military, so no surprise at their historical voting patterns.

But four years ago I was surprised to see how many Hillary signs there were around Sun City.  And two years ago, there were significantly more signs for Beto than Cruz, (which is not surprising, because lets face it, nobody really likes that little fuckstick, not even his own parents).  I know you can only put so much weight into yard signs, and I don't see Wilco turning solidly purple any time soon, but I bet Biden performs well there. 

Edited by South Austin
Learning about Cuba, having some food.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, South Austin said:

This is purely anecdotal evidence.  My parents live in Wilco, Sun City to be exact, which is not an insignificant portion for the population, and there are other similar retirement communities throughout the area.  To speak very generally, it's an old, white, conservative population with a lot of former-military, so no surprise at their historical voting patterns.

But four years ago I was surprised to see how many Hillary signs there were around Sun City.  And two years ago, there were significantly more signs for Beto than Cruz, (which is not surprising, because lets face it, nobody really likes that little fuckstick).  I know you can only put so much weight into yard signs, and I don't see Wilco turning solidly purple any time soon, but I bet Biden performs well there. 

Beto won by nearly 3% in Williamson county and actually received over 50% of the vote. Hegar won by 1.7%. I think it is already solidly purple and was mainly held back in 2018 by an extremely weak Democratic nominee for Governor. 

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Beto won by nearly 3% in Williamson county and actually received over 50% of the vote. Hegar won by 1.7%. I think it is already solidly purple and was mainly held back in 2018 by an extremely weak Democratic nominee for Governor. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I'll gladly fuck myself for not recalling that.  You go, Wilco.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, South Austin said:

This is purely anecdotal evidence.  My parents live in Wilco, Sun City to be exact, which is not an insignificant portion for the population, and there are other similar retirement communities throughout the area.  To speak very generally, it's an old, white, conservative population with a lot of former-military, so no surprise at their historical voting patterns.

But four years ago I was surprised to see how many Hillary signs there were around Sun City.  And two years ago, there were significantly more signs for Beto than Cruz, (which is not surprising, because lets face it, nobody really likes that little fuckstick).  I know you can only put so much weight into yard signs, and I don't see Wilco turning solidly purple any time soon, but I bet Biden performs well there. 

Sun City is the R anchor in the county at this point. RR, Cedar Park, and Leander are fairly blue. Liberty Hill and Georgetown (and I guess Andice, Jarrell, etc) are the R strongholds, and Georgetown mainly because of Sun City.

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Sun City is the R anchor in the county at this point. RR, Cedar Park, and Leander are fairly blue. Liberty Hill and Georgetown (and I guess Andice, Jarrell, etc) are the R strongholds, and Georgetown mainly because of Sun City.

i wonder what the "drives a golfcart around neighborhood" to "votes republican" ratio must be. 85%?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

i wonder what the "drives a golfcart around neighborhood" to "votes republican" ratio must be. 85%?

Man, golf carts are even a thing in my neighborhood, which is mostly families with school aged children. I'd say based on the ones I see cruising around to the pool and the mailboxes, you're number is too low. Probably closer to 95%

Guess I'll venture out Sat at 7AM to wait in line. Anybody been to the Ben Hur Shrine on Rockwood?  What would be the best location in the Crestview area? 
Line was insane yesterday. So I drove up to Arbor Walk by the Domain. 20 minutes.

line moves pretty quick. Biggest choke point is getting your ballot. Half the machines were empty.

Check the TC wait time map. Lakeway and Bee Cave showed >50 min wait time and the lines reflected that.

31 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Guess I'll venture out Sat at 7AM to wait in line. Anybody been to the Ben Hur Shrine on Rockwood?  What would be the best location in the Crestview area? 

Went yesterday at 3pm and it took 35 minutes. The line was all the way to the back of the parking lot but it moved really fast. A neighbor went to the Holiday Inn towards 35 and walked right in with no wait at the same time.

Edited by CooterBrown

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:
3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

The valley with better turnout than Montgomery is good to see. San Antonio lagging. Williamson, Denton, and Collin bringing the subruban heat. That could be very good or very bad. Galveston and Brazoria probably enthused Trumpers.

North County will be heavy in favor of Dotard. But the island is ridin' with Biden!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I intend to vote early.  

I decided to wait until today, Thursday, to make an attempt to let the novelty wear off.

In the meantime, I scouted the usual polling location a couple of times while out and about.  Pretty crowded.

Well, today, Thursday at 10AM, I decided it was too crowded (more than 50, probably 100) and rain appears likely.

This is Dallas County, so I can vote anywhere, but I am using my usual polling location, near Northpark.

Any ideas for beating crowds?  Currently I am thinking next week maybe they'll die down.

Looks like pretty good turnout for early voting at least.

AAC is supposed to be quick.  they have 60 polling stations inside.

i voted at Richland College.  one of the workers said it's dead between 7:30 am and 10 am.  no line.  in and out.  but by 10:30 am, there's a wait.