Aggy 2024: Still waiting on the Looch 44

golfclap

There’s a thousand ways to play recruiting classy, and he chose poorly. 

So, well, I ain’t gonna mince words. Fuck that kid. Looking forward to embarrassing him for 0-6 years, depending on how long he makes it on campus over there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Shipp (247 LSU) on Bussey a day out doing an incredible amount of waffling both ways

Less than 24 hours out from Terry Bussey's final decision and three fanbases maintain hope.

The 5-star from Timpson, Texas is set to reveal who he will sign with a little after 9 a.m. CT on Wednesday.

Two sides continue to express optimism and some level of confidence in A&M and LSU.

The A&M side still feels it did enough to keep Bussey in the fold as an Aggie, while confidence on the LSU side has not wavered. If anything, some outside the program feel more confident this morning than they did yesterday.

LSU maintained regular contact with Bussey and his camp on Monday and into this morning. That is always a plus at this stage of the game. When a recruit or his camp starts to go dark, it's time to worry.

I feel A&M would be the easy choice for Bussey, one that would give him a little more comfort, given his family he is closest to is in Texas. I think it takes on a little extra meaning in his case with all the trials the young man has been through.

When you consider he never backed away from that A&M pledge and coming off that last visit in College Station, it's tough to not point that meter to the Aggies.

However, rarely do you see a committed guy take three unofficial visits to a school in a 3.5 month span he isn't committed to. Getting comfortable enough to leave his state and relocate was an obstacle. I use past tense because it sounds like he and his camp are not as worried about Baton Rouge like they once were. It's no secret the city has had its share of stories in the news for the wrong reasons and it's something that has come up with more than one recruitment.

I'll continue to make calls and reach out to others throughout the day and night and we will see if this confidence and optimism stays where it is.

For now, LSU feels like it will win the big prize. Key words, for now.

I never put in a crystal ball pick for Bussey's commitment in September, so I don't have to worry about either of the four picks that went in for A&M the first time around. Keep an eye on those to see if any are updated or changed.

I'll probably put a pick in this time, though. I'm still not set on it but find myself leaning towards LSU, for now.

Just now, SimkinsMan said:

Good lord that is peak 995 bullshit right there. It's happening in less than 24 hours, but I don't know shit so here are some words.

Also, what is the third fanbase that has hope? It sure as shit is not Texas. 

Georgia

50 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20240206_143026_Chrome.thumb.jpg.07c1d919b091f56149abcebe97ecd485.jpg

Screenshot_20240206_143037_Chrome.jpg

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

So the guy that Texas never pushed for, and doesn't have a place for, who never talks to anyone, is now running around blabbing about Texas with an offer that the blue chip QBs don't get from anyone, anywhere? Awesome. 

The people on SECRant have to be a special kind of stupid if they're believing any of it. 

There were some east Texas donors, to their credit, trying to round up some commitments to help in the recruitment this summer. We were told, when seeking input to help, that it was not worth anyone's effort and to move on. If you've wondered about that recruitment, since it is now long over for us, that means that Texas would take Bussey ... for free. 

"Mr. Handler/Agent? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the parking garage, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally."

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There were some east Texas donors, to their credit, trying to round up some commitments to help in the recruitment this summer. 

incredible that some 1031 money in gilmer couldn't turn the tides here. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

So the guy that Texas never pushed for, and doesn't have a place for, who never talks to anyone, is now running around blabbing about Texas with an offer that the blue chip QBs don't get from anyone, anywhere? Awesome. 

The people on SECRant have to be a special kind of stupid if they're believing any of it. 

There were some east Texas donors, to their credit, trying to round up some commitments to help in the recruitment this summer. We were told, when seeking input to help, that it was not worth anyone's effort and to move on. If you've wondered about that recruitment, since it is now long over for us, that means that Texas would take Bussey ... for free. 

"Mr. Handler/Agent? You can have my answer now, if you like. My final offer is this: nothing. Not even the fee for the parking garage, which I would appreciate if you would put up personally."

To be fair even the corndog didn’t believe that bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

Fong notes on Bussey sticking with Aggie

Lying to him about him playing all 3 phases was part of the pitch

Spoiler

Elko was the only head coach that went in-home and from the moment he got the job he was locked in on recruiting Bussey. Showing him his track record of not only developing players but guys that are NFL All-Pros.

Ishmael Aristide signed his paperwork making his assignment official at A&M and then hopped in the car and drove to Bussey's house for his first in-home.

Aristide and Kerry Cooks from LSU were the only coaches at Bussey's state title game.

This new A&M staff made Bussey feel comfortable and he already had the relationship with BGA and Coach Gaines that helped as well.

Aggies will use Bussey in the secondary, on special teams and offense where Holmon Wiggins quickly impressed with his track record.

There will be no shortage of effort and relationship building on the trail with this new staff.

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Seems ol’ Carter is full of shit and looking for clicks.

The quote is accurate.

edit: kind of accurate, he does go on to say "one of" later.

Edited by satyanash
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Elko checking off the Herman post season list. 

Underrated class full of hard workers and blue collar kids? Check. 

Fiery quote not based in reality? Check. 

Quiet confidence in the program? Check. 

Brought along his Duke buddies ala Herman and his UH buddies.

11 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Pretty savvy of A&M to offer him $2,000,001. 

Wtf. We got god damn Kevin Hart’s bank account setup where we couldn’t move money from our savings to checking in time to make this happen?

kevin hart pineapples GIF

On 2/7/2024 at 7:37 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

Elko checking off the Herman post season list. 

Underrated class full of hard workers and blue collar kids? Check. 

Fiery quote not based in reality? Check. 

Quiet confidence in the program? Check. 

…drinks 10x the amount of alcohol 

I think aggy will play good defense under Elko. My only reservation is that he might not be able to get the dudes to play good defense consistently. They'll take away the run and 70% of SEC offenses won't be able to adjust. 

I fully expect the offense to look like microwaved dog shit during his tenure. I expect Elko to pull a reverse Brian Kelly after Year 2 and can all of his offensive assistants.