FIFA considering some pretty major changes to the game/rules of football

shadow_operative

The throw-in change seems reasonable because it's based on actual play statistics and he's right. It's supposed to be an advantage to get a throw-in.

Don't like the corner idea.

I see no reason why a team shouldn't be allowed to quickly play a free kick to themselves. Again, getting a free kick should be an advantage and a disadvantage to the defense. Forcing the offense to allow the defense to set up is counter to that.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

*soccer

what does FIFA stand for? and what does it govern? 

also, for all of the people who say this, how would you feel if someone from England started watching American tackle football and constantly referred to it as "American tackle football"? 

furthermore, when you watch/play/talk about tennis, do you correct people when they say "30-love" and tell them that it's actually "30-zero"? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

also, for all of the people who say this, how would you feel if someone from England started watching American tackle football and constantly referred to it as "American tackle football"? 

furthermore, when you watch/play/talk about tennis, do you correct people when they say "30-love" and tell them that it's actually "30-zero"? 

*Hand egg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

That would not bother me in the slightest. 

They already call it american football

I've seen those bandied about and none seem remotely radical. I don't know why anyone would really have a problem with any of them tbh.

Now, I've seen some crazy ideas discussed vis-a-vis using the the League Cup as a testing grounds: not allowing the goalkeeper to catch the ball, giving a penalty kick for a foul anywhere on the pitch (should the foul warrant one, at the ref's discretion), etc. Those are pretty wild and while I'm not sure they have a place in the game, I also like the idea of experimenting with the otherwise useless League Cup.

Nice to see Wenger in this role. He seems perfect for it.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:19 PM, shadow_operative said:

I'd say they've never seen the Longhorns or Cowboys. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1