Michigan overthrow attempt/kidnapping of governor thwarted

ztejas

3 hours ago, alincoln said:

We have to keep gen pop living in fear of various bogeymen (Islamists among us for the Rs and domestic terrorists for the Ds) to maintain/increase agency budgets and impose a broader surveillance/police state.

The cynic in me definitely thought back to Waco. Definitely not above the pail for the 'gubmet to find ways to increase budgets and power.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:03 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Have you ever been to Michigan?  There's probably a hundred militias up there.

Anybody organizing a militia these days should probably just assume it's going to be infiltrated.

Used to be that you'd film everybody having sex with one another, so that if there are any informants, and the militia gets busted, the informant knows that videos of them fucking some fat guy with COME AND TAKE IT tattooed over his ass will be released, so everybody kept their cool and nobody ratted anybody out.

Guess those days are long past.

Your familiarity gives me pause. 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michigan-governor-whitmer-kidnapping-plot-first-sentencing/

The government sought a nine-year prison term, but Jonker went lower at 6 1/4 years.

Garbin "didn't hold back," Assistant U.S. Attorney Nils Kessler said. "He would come out and say, 'We planned to do this and I was knowingly a part of it.' He sat for hours answering all of our questions."

Indeed, defense attorney Gary Springstead told the judge that Garbin "is going to be a star witness" against the others.

• 5 months later...

Bump

Second Whitmer kidnap plotter to plead guilty, court records show

A second member of an alleged plot to kidnap and hurt Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has agreed to plead guilty, giving federal prosecutors two key insiders to fight defense claims of entrapment during next month's trial, according to a federal court filing Monday.

Waterford Township resident Kaleb Franks, 27, will plead guilty to kidnapping conspiracy, which is punishable by up to life in federal prison, according to a plea deal filed in court Monday that reveals new details about how accused plotters focused their attention on Michigan's governor.

Franks was scheduled to stand trial March 8 in federal court in Grand Rapids alongside four others. A sixth man, Ty Garbin, pleaded guilty last year and is serving a six-year prison sentence.

The deal, which requires Franks to cooperate with federal investigators and testify, includes a section aimed at fighting an expected entrapment defense during next month's trial. The section describes how Franks learned after he was arrested in October 2020 that the FBI used undercover agents and as many as a dozen informants.

“The defendant was not entrapped or induced to commit any crimes by these individuals,” the plea deal reads.

The four scheduled to stand trial are: Potterville resident Adam Fox, Delaware truck driver Barry Croft, Lake Orion resident Daniel Harris and Canton Township resident Brandon Caserta. Eight others are facing state charges.

“The defendant also knows Fox, Croft, Harris and Caserta were not entrapped, based on personal observation and discussions," the plea deal reads.

For example, the group's alleged ringleaders, Fox and Croft, initiated discussions about kidnapping Whitmer, prosecutors wrote.

The section appears aimed at proving the defendants were predisposed to committing the crime, a requirement needed in order to secure convictions at trial.

“The defendant also heard Harris and Caserta express similar anti-government sentiments during his private discussions with them, when no government informant was present,” the plea deal reads. “During all their months of training together, the defendant never heard Fox, Croft, Harris, or Caserta say they were doing anything because (informant) Dan, (informant) Steve, or any other informant had advocated it.”

The plea deal was filed less than a week after an adverse ruling for defense teams. Among other orders, U.S. District Judge Robert Jonker said jurors can be told about Franks' conviction for second-degree home invasion.

Prosecutors asked permission to divulge the rap sheets of multiple defendants to help establish a predisposition to kidnapping Whitmer and rebut an anticipated defense that undercover FBI agents and informants entrapped the men.

"The pressure is really on the defendants. Most likely, this is their last chance to see what the best deal is before trial," said Detroit defense attorney Michael Bullotta, a former federal prosecutor. "Deals generally get worse, not better, the longer you wait."

In the plea agreement filed Monday, prosecutors charted Franks’ growing involvement with members of a group that has focused attention on extremism fueled by opposition to state restrictions imposed by Whitmer during the early months of the COVID-19 pandemic.

According to the plea agreement, Franks will admit to conspiring with four others from June 2020 to October 2020.

Franks connected with members of the Wolverine Watchmen, a Michigan militia, through a Facebook firearms group in spring 2020, was invited to a protest in Lake Orion and met Harris, according to the plea deal.

Harris invited him to join the militia’s chat group on the encrypted Wire application, according to the government.

“The defendant understood they were using encrypted communications to conceal discussion of illegal activity from law enforcement,” the plea deal reads.

Defense lawyers have argued there was no kidnapping conspiracy and that undercover FBI agents and informants entrapped the men.

Franks passed a vetting process and started attending meetings and firearms training. In late June 2020, he attended a tactical training in Munith and met Fox, an alleged ringleader.

During a July meeting in Milford, the accused plotters discussed a proposal to “black bag politicians,” according to the court filing.

“The defendant and Harris thought the plan wouldn't work at that time, but later changed their minds,” the plea agreement reads. “The group agreed that it remained an ‘open discussion’ as to when exactly it was appropriate to launch aggressive measures against the government.”

Later that month during tactical training in Wisconsin, Franks met Croft, prosecutors wrote in the court filing. Croft, who is portrayed as the group's bombmaker and second ringleader, brought an assault rifle and projectile launcher to the training session.

“Croft discussed modifying legal projectiles to launch explosive devices,” according to the plea deal. “Croft also brought materials for constructing improvised explosive devices ("IEDs") using gunpowder and BBs as shrapnel. Croft and Harris assembled two IEDs, which they unsuccessfully attempted to detonate.”

full plea agreement here (link)

Seems like a rather serious set of charges (and corroborating evidence) for some patriotic folks engaged in mere political discourse followed by beers and smokehouse combo platters at Chili's afterwards.  

please don't get this thread moved to CR.  It's one of the few threads on DT that actually discussed important events in the United States.  

I have been wanting to game out this question on here for 13 months and keep it non-political.

And the Michigan Governor case is a strong corollary to it:

"Forget political parties.  Rather, think about financial markets, foreign relations, international diplomacy, treasury and credit ratings to U.S. paper, travel abroad, national security, credit markets, reserve currency status, foreign trade, etc.  Frame this question in light of those issues, which I admit have political overtones to them---but endure political party pendulums century after century.  What do you think would happen to the United States in those arenas if its own citizens murdered high-ranking elected officials in their respective seats of government on live television with the world watching?"  

No Biden.  No Trump.  No Hillary.  None of that shit.  

What do you think would happen to the United States if our creditors, allies, enemies, multi-national corporate employers, and trading partners watched us kill a Congressman, a Senator, a Vice President, or a Governor on live television in our own Capitols?  I'm not talking about political fallout, what do you think happens to our finances, our reputation, our status...if something like that happens in plain sight to the World?  Dead fucking serious question.  If it gets political, we nuke this thread and we can all sit in timeout for a week.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Hate said:

What was the fallout globally when JFK was assassinated? Or when McGovern was shot? The Congrassman at the softball game?

In the case of JFK, as Mark Updegrove-the world's foremost expert on LBJ-will tell you, it was an incredibly chaotic 48 hours in America.  Lucky for us, LBJ and the government and media quickly formed the narrative about what happened and what would happen going forward.  Remember, that wasn't live footage.  And when people heard he was shot by a lone gunman in a building above his open-top convertible thousands of miles away from the White House, they kinda shrugged like, "Yeah, shit happens."  McGovern wasn't President.  When Reagan was shot, we didn't know this for decades later, but D.C. and our embassies around the world were a complete clusterfuck.  Soviets were jerking off to the possibilities that Haig and Baker were in charge of a shadow government apart from our actual one.  

But again, my point is that my hypothetical is live on international television and social media (you cannot discount how impactful and different that is from the other events you asked about) and it's at the U.S. or Michigan Capitol.  Not some lone weirdo at a supermarket or municipal ballfields with nothing but a local cop for security optics and the voices in his head.  I'm talking about dozens, hundreds, even thousands storming a seat of government like Parliament, the U.S. Capitol, 10 Downing, or the Reichstag, dragging legislators or executive branch leaders and executing them on tiktok.  That is light years beyond Gabby Giffords taking a bullet in Arizona.  JFK was traumatic and turned the government upside down for a couple days but LBJ and the Networks controlled the messaging on it.  What almost happened in our country would be left to financial markets to decide.  You can't walk into the Capitol, hang a Vice President, and sell a billion dollars worth of T-Bills later that afternoon.  The interconnected world does't work like that anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

In the case of JFK, as Mark Updegrove-the world's foremost expert on LBJ-will tell you, it was an incredibly chaotic 48 hours in America.  Lucky for us, LBJ and the government and media quickly formed the narrative about what happened and what would happen going forward.  Remember, that wasn't live footage.  And when people heard he was shot by a lone gunman in a building above his open-top convertible thousands of miles away from the White House, they kinda shrugged like, "Yeah, shit happens."  McGovern wasn't President.  When Reagan was shot, we didn't know this for decades later, but D.C. and our embassies around the world were a complete clusterfuck.  Soviets were jerking off to the possibilities that Haig and Baker were in charge of a shadow government apart from our actual one.  

But again, my point is that my hypothetical is live on international television and social media (you cannot discount how impactful and different that is from the other events you asked about) and it's at the U.S. or Michigan Capitol.  Not some lone weirdo at a supermarket or municipal ballfields with nothing but a local cop for security optics and the voices in his head.  I'm talking about dozens, hundreds, even thousands storming a seat of government like Parliament, the U.S. Capitol, 10 Downing, or the Reichstag, dragging legislators or executive branch leaders and executing them on tiktok.  That is light years beyond Gabby Giffords taking a bullet in Arizona.  JFK was traumatic and turned the government upside down for a couple days but LBJ and the Networks controlled the messaging on it.  What almost happened in our country would be left to financial markets to decide.  You can't walk into the Capitol, hang a Vice President, and sell a billion dollars worth of T-Bills later that afternoon.  The interconnected world does't work like that anymore. 

Obviously those are different and you didn't mention the qualifier of some radical group being behind the plot.  I have no idea what the global impacts for such an event would be and I don't want to find out (like everyone else). I would imagine mu h of it would depend on our reaction as a nation.  Is it a one off or does it inspire more similar acts? 

Sorry, the larger radical group was implied in the hypothetical since everything in my fact patter actually happened except the ending.  To that point, you're right...I think a lot of it would depend on what kind of "reaction" we "project" out to our allies and business partners and bankers.  This is an important tangent to consider.  There'd be talk of false flag operations, deep state did it, overturn the election, don't overturn the election.  I think it would be much more calamitous and chaotic than any other high profile assassinations.  And again, because of where it happened and how the world could view it in real time without our bullshit media spin carefully crafted on top of it.

While we would be trying to figure all that shit out that you correctly point out, and validate votes and transfer power, my best guess...and this is somewhat educated here based on doing some international business (I defer to our resident international currency, commodity, and quant traders) is first thing that happens after a 1/6 type attack is that our credit spigot gets turned off.  At least six months, maybe a year.  That's a long time to go without Mommy's credit card.  Our markets crash out of fear we won't be doing as much international business for the foreseeable future (even a 10% dropoff in projected earnings for companies doing busineUss overseas would be crushing to the global equity markets).  You also have several dozen U.S. military bases around the world and suddenly our host countries are rightfully worried about, "Uh, who the fuck is y'all's actual commander in chief this month?"  I would imagine tenuous diplomatic relations like nations like Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Mexico, and China would turn to absolute buckets of shit.  Our teams from State like recalled home while we get our shit together.  

The reserve currency and benchmark Democracy just can't have live executions on Capitol Hill on facebook live.  It just can't.  It's not hyperbole.  It almost happened and best case scenario, we go into a dark period for at least a year that takes us probably a decade to fully climb out of.  What truly worries me about what almost happened are the outcomes I can't imagine...and I make my living gaming worst case scenarios and removing those variables.  The rest of the world needs our spending and our currency and our force posture.  But it makes them uneasy when they suddenly see how fragile all of those things are with just a few hundred guys in Oakleys.  

Sorry, the larger radical group was implied in the hypothetical since everything in my fact patter actually happened except the ending.  To that point, you're right...I think a lot of it would depend on what kind of "reaction" we "project" out to our allies and business partners and bankers.  This is an important tangent to consider.  There'd be talk of false flag operations, deep state did it, overturn the election, don't overturn the election.  I think it would be much more calamitous and chaotic than any other high profile assassinations.  And again, because of where it happened and how the world could view it in real time without our bullshit media spin carefully crafted on top of it.
While we would be trying to figure all that shit out that you correctly point out, and validate votes and transfer power, my best guess...and this is somewhat educated here based on doing some international business (I defer to our resident international currency, commodity, and quant traders) is first thing that happens after a 1/6 type attack is that our credit spigot gets turned off.  At least six months, maybe a year.  That's a long time to go without Mommy's credit card.  Our markets crash out of fear we won't be doing as much international business for the foreseeable future (even a 10% dropoff in projected earnings for companies doing busineUss overseas would be crushing to the global equity markets).  You also have several dozen U.S. military bases around the world and suddenly our host countries are rightfully worried about, "Uh, who the fuck is y'all's actual commander in chief this month?"  I would imagine tenuous diplomatic relations like nations like Iran, North Korea, Venezuela, Mexico, and China would turn to absolute buckets of shit.  Our teams from State like recalled home while we get our shit together.  
The reserve currency and benchmark Democracy just can't have live executions on Capitol Hill on facebook live.  It just can't.  It's not hyperbole.  It almost happened and best case scenario, we go into a dark period for at least a year that takes us probably a decade to fully climb out of.  What truly worries me about what almost happened are the outcomes I can't imagine...and I make my living gaming worst case scenarios and removing those variables.  The rest of the world needs our spending and our currency and our force posture.  But it makes them uneasy when they suddenly see how fragile all of those things are with just a few hundred guys in Oakleys.  

1 - they don’t fucking care.
2 - maybe worse, they do care and love the idea of inflicting suffering because nihilist cruelty is the brand for enough of us that it will win.
3 - you just gave all the guys in Oakleys hard-ons realizing how powerful they are. They can literally bring down the most powerful nation in the world. And they’re going to succeed, cheered on by half the country. Our suicide is going to be seen as a WIN by half your countrymen. Stew on that.

Well, I could see them NOW wanting to topple the nation and send it into an economic/diplomatic winter of isolation for a few years.  But I'm wondering what would have happened had they succeeded in their last step on 6 January?  Again, no politics...but what would the financial and societal fallout have looked like?  

And it's not half...it's 35%.  35% of U.S. adults.  And half of them are coming around to normalcy again.  We can evacuate the other 17.5% with little issue.  And I'm using the Wanssee definition of "liquidate."  

But yeah, you raise an interesting point---I guess if they gamed it out and realized all the unintended consequences...they'd probably try harder.  It was never going to succeed in usurping the flow of constitutional transfer of power.  But holy shit, the other fallout would be extremely significant.  The largest economy and fourth largest nation with the largest military and reserve currency status murdering its own leaders in their offices on twitter...we'd be barred from all international activity for at least 6-12 months while the dust settled.  We'd have to resort to sneaking across borders with no documents in a wave of irony.  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well, I could see them NOW wanting to topple the nation and send it into an economic/diplomatic winter of isolation for a few years.  But I'm wondering what would have happened had they succeeded in their last step on 6 January?  Again, no politics...but what would the financial and societal fallout have looked like?  

And it's not half...it's 35%.  35% of U.S. adults.  And half of them are coming around to normalcy again.  We can evacuate the other 17.5% with little issue.  And I'm using the Wanssee definition of "liquidate."  

But yeah, you raise an interesting point---I guess if they gamed it out and realized all the unintended consequences...they'd probably try harder.  It was never going to succeed in usurping the flow of constitutional transfer of power.  But holy shit, the other fallout would be extremely significant.  The largest economy and fourth largest nation with the largest military and reserve currency status murdering its own leaders in their offices on twitter...we'd be barred from all international activity for at least 6-12 months while the dust settled.  We'd have to resort to sneaking across borders with no documents in a wave of irony.  

You are living in a different world than I am if you think half of the 35% have returned to normalcy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

NBC News: Kidnapping suspect wanted ‘tyrant’ Gov. Whitmer tied up on table, FBI agent testifies

A key figure in an alleged plot to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer told an undercover FBI agent that he wanted to restrain the “tyrant” on a table then pose for a photo “like we just made the biggest drug bust,” according to a secret recording played for jurors Thursday.

The trial of four men resumed in federal court in Grand Rapids, Michigan, after a three-day delay due to someone in the courtroom testing positive for Covid-19.

Agent Mark Schweers told the jury that he was posing as someone with like-minded views from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula when he met Adam Fox in the basement of a vacuum shop in suburban Grand Rapids, a hideaway accessed by a trap door.

Fox didn’t know that Schweers was wearing a recording device as he talked excitedly about attacking the Michigan Capitol, teaming up with a militia called the Wolverine Watchmen, and restoring a “constitutional republic.”

“We want her flex-cuffed on a table while we all pose and get our pictures taken like we just made the biggest drug bust in ... history,” Fox said of Whitmer, laughing and using profanities.

“You give us that, we’ll be happy,” Fox said. “Then you lock her ... up, even if we gotta go with her.”

Fox, Barry Croft Jr., Daniel Harris and Brandon Caserta are charged with conspiracy. Prosecutors say they turned their anger toward government in 2020 into a plot to kidnap Whitmer at her vacation home because of restrictions she imposed during the early months of the pandemic.

Earlier Thursday, FBI agent Christopher Long testified about how investigators got interested in Croft, a trucker from Bear, Delaware.

Long said Croft wrote on social media in 2019 that he wanted to force police officers out of their homes with fire, then “have a people’s trial and hang them from the nearest tree.”

Defense attorney Joshua Blanchard has told jurors that the FBI pursued Croft because they simply didn’t like him or his associates who had antigovernment opinions. His questioning of Long at times followed that theme.

But the agent offered a different explanation.

“When you have an individual who has a violent-threat style of communications with individuals and you add in he had access to weapons ... those do not fall under First Amendment protected speech,” Long said.

Jurors listening to social media videos and secretly recorded conversations last week heard Fox and Croft talk about taking action against the government. Defense lawyers claim informants and undercover agents improperly influenced the men.

Blanchard noted that the FBI had encouraged an informant to keep Croft and various antigovernment allies together after a tense summer 2020 meeting in Peebles, Ohio.

But if the group was possibly breaking up on its own, Blanchard asked, wouldn’t that actually prevent violence?

“The concern was that they were going to have a lone wolf attack, and we weren’t going to have access to specific individuals,” Long replied. “The entire group was violent. Mr. Croft was violent, as well.”

Whitmer, a Democrat who is seeking reelection, rarely talks publicly about the case. She has blamed former President Donald Trump for fomenting anger over coronavirus restrictions and refusing to condemn right-wing extremists like those charged in the case. She has said Trump was complicit in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot.

• 5 months later...

You criminal legal types---what are the sentencing parameters of Counts 1 & 2 carrying?  And is extra weight given to the identity of the almost victim or is it treated as any adult target is the same as any other adult target?  Asking for a friend.

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

You criminal legal types---what are the sentencing parameters of Counts 1 & 2 carrying?  And is extra weight given to the identity of the almost victim or is it treated as any adult target is the same as any other adult target?  Asking for a friend.

I’m not a criminal legal type, but I did have sex in a Holiday Inn once. The identity or importance of the victim doesn’t matter unless there is a law that says it matters. For example, there are specific laws that give different punishments for certain crimes against minors as opposed to adults. The same for crimes targeted against certain social groups or demographics. Unless there is a law that specifically gives greater punishment for targeting a public official in Michigan, then the answer is no. 

That's what I was thinking, hence me mentioning "any adult target is the same as any other adult target."  Obviously a minor is, and should be, different.  The targeted hate crime thing is another debate for another thread.  But I mean, you make an online threat against Joe Schmoe down the street...and maybe somebody reports it to local PD for investigation.  You do it to a sitting governor or federal judge, and there's just a different law enforcement investigatory apparatus that kicks into gear.  As it should be.  

Although I'm guessing "conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction"...you can probably take out the Hate Crime Card when you threaten to level a city block.  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Although I'm guessing "conspiracy to use a weapon of mass destruction"...you can probably take out the Hate Crime Card when you threaten to level a city block.  

IIRC, the mass destruction charge comes from plans to blow up a public bridge so they'd have an escape route during the kidnapping plot

"But sirs, this is a Michigan.  We're surrounded by lakes on three sides...there are multiple bridges and points of egress.  They'll just track you with helicopters until they can come from a different direction."  

"Not now dammit, get the C-4."  

Literally the only thing keeping our Republic and her 50 states strewn together is we have been truly blessed by the Lord Jesus who has brought us the dumbest fucking people among us to try shit like this.  The people that wound them up and put them up to shit like this won't make that mistake again.  They thought the F-team could pull shit like (and other political crimes like it) off...but they won't make that mistake again.  They'll get the D-team or even C-team next time and their "glorious acts of patriotism" will cost the rest of us in so many ways.  

These guys and the others like them who've been convicted of similar crimes that we can't talk about on here because being convicted of a violent crime is now political (tell that to the guy who put a knife through my uncle's eyeball on the steps of the U.S. Capitol because he didn't like Gerald Ford's agricultural policies).  They remind me of the scene in "Austin Powers" and the Swedish Penis Enlargement machine.

"those are NOT  my online postings about kidnapping, raping, and killing the sitting Governor of Michigan!"

"Here is a book labeled "Kidnapping, Raping, and Killing the sitting Governor of Michigan" written by the both of you with acknowledgements and "about the author section"

"Well guns and explosives, that's not my bag baby!"

"Here is a record you recorded online entitled "Guns & Explosives...that's my bag baby."

"You have no video proof we planned any of this...it's all rumors."

"Here's a 2-hour manifest posted to youtube entitled, 'Let's kill the bitch and blow some shit up on the way outta town, freedom!"

"That's not us, it's doctored footage!"

"here's your mom in the comment section holding up your birth certificates, driver's licenses, and tax returns indicating 'Those boys are my bag baby, yeah!" 

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe I wasn't clear...these two dipshits and everybody who aided and abetted them and wound them up and everybody who had designs on doing similar things to another seat of government.  Everyone who thinks there's a civil war coming and you're on the right side of patriotism...who excuses shit like this because you think it's the right side of history.  You are not outgunned.  You are not outlawyered.  You are not outfaithed.  You are not outpassioned.  You are not without conviction.  You are simply outbrained.  You are our cannon fodder.  Our Vanguard without Glory.  You are the dipshits we send into the waters to test the depth.  You aren't even Phase I.  You are the Beta test before the Beta Test.  You are the people we have killed and imprisoned before we truly start out efforts.  You are less than garbage.  You are what Gen. Heydrich called "the indispensably dispensable."  You think you're so goddamn special?  We purpose built (with propaganda and fried food) 25 million of you.  You're the shit we line our dumpsters with.  Have fun dying for your cause.  'Cause your number is up dipshit.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

https://apnews.com/article/crime-michigan-government-and-politics-f6ed3d5b2546dbe9c60bb34b9ee8ddb4

1000.webp

JACKSON, Mich. (AP) — A judge on Thursday handed down the longest prison terms so far in the plot to kidnap Michigan’s governor, sentencing three men who forged an early alliance with a leader of the scheme before the FBI broke it up in 2020.

Joe Morrison, Pete Musico and Paul Bellar did not have a direct role in the conspiracy but were members of a paramilitary group that trained with Adam Fox, who faces a possible life sentence in a separate case in federal court.

The trio was convicted in October of providing material support for a terrorist act, which carries a maximum term of 20 years, and two other crimes.

Musico was sentenced to a minimum of 12 years in prison, followed by Morrison at 10 years and Bellar at seven. They will be eligible for parole after serving those terms.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer spoke in a recorded video before Jackson County Judge Thomas Wilson set the sentences, saying the actions of the three was a “threat to democracy itself.”

Wilson presided over the first batch of convictions in state court, following the high-profile conspiracy convictions of four others in federal court. Fox and Barry Croft Jr. were described as captains of an incredible plan to snatch Whitmer from her vacation home, seeking to inspire a U.S. civil war known as the “boogaloo.”

We're eventually going to need a whole new Federal prison complex just for these fucking Gravy SEAL aspiring revolutionary types.  I'd prefer we do what my grandfather proposed we do with various miscreants: "put 'em in a cage and feed 'em oatmeal with a dump truck."

Terrorist attacks against American government institution by Y'all Qaeda should be treated as harshly (frankly, MORE harshly) than similar attacks by Al Qaeda.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Fucking clowns. tough guys while in the militia talking of sparking a nationwide revolution, crying like bitches this morning in court. The chance of rehabilitating these fucksticks is probably zero, but I guess there's always the chance they get death by snu snu in jail. 

• 1 year later...

There's a new podcast that's going through all the audio recorded by the FBI during the investigation. Looooooots of stuff that was not used in the trial but gives key context to the most significant domestic terrorism investigation in a decade. 

https://www.campsidemedia.com/shows/michiganplot

It's on all the podcast platforms, and it's a really effective presentation of the evidence and interviews of the people involved