Michigan overthrow attempt/kidnapping of governor thwarted

ztejas

1 minute ago, jeevsie said:

Pete Musico - Reggaeton name?

Paul Molitor's son?

Together, are they the Null set?

Pete Musico and the Null Brothers - with their new hit single "I'm gonna kill that bitch"

Coming soon to a penitentiary near you!

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Listen to the sheriff in this clip, earlier this summer he was on-stage with one of those arrested

What. The. Fuck.

"Are they trying to kidnap.......or are they trying to arrest......"

"I have to look at it from that angle"

I wonder how he'd feel if a militia tried to "arrest" him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

What. The. Fuck.

{whisper} I'm thinking he is part of a militia group (and I don't mean the PD)

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

What. The. Fuck.

They wouldnt be allowed to make a citizen's arrest. I wonder what the regulations surrounding bounty hunting are in MI.

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If someone asks you if you're interested in a kidnapping, that's the fed /protip

Being an informant and infiltrating a bunch of terrorists like that has got to be one of the easiest jobs around, because they all seem dumb as fuck, and, like I said, their parents were probably related before marriage.  It's not like the mafia or something, where you have to be a fast thinker, and where they are always suspicious of outsiders.  These homegrown terrorist groups are out actively recruiting, and all you need is a fake Facebook page, a beard, the right bumperstickers and ball caps, and you're in.

• Hook 'Em 1

More info coming from the FBI in court today

FBI: Whitmer plotters also discussed kidnapping Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam

During the hearing in Grand Rapids, Mich., to discuss the charges filed last week against members of a self-proclaimed militia accused of plotting to kidnap Michigan’s Democratic governor, FBI Special Agent Richard Trask revealed that months ago some of the suspects met in Dublin, Ohio, where Northam, also a Democrat, was discussed as a potential target.

“At this meeting they discussed possible targets, taking a sitting governor, specifically issues with the governors of Michigan and Virginia, based upon the lockdown orders,” Trask told the court, referring to state-mandated restrictions implemented to combat the spread of coronavirus.

Tuesday’s hearing is to determine if some of those charged in the alleged Whitmer plot can be released on bond. Separately, seven others are charged by state authorities in Michigan with providing support to terrorist acts.

Trask, the FBI agent, described in great detail how federal agents became concerned about the accused, particularly after a June meeting in Dublin, Ohio, where self-styled militia members from four or five states gathered to discuss possible plans.

It was at that meeting, Trask said, that the notion of grabbing governors was raised, specifically mentioning the governors of Virginia and Michigan. One of the suspects, Adam Fox, then returned to Michigan and began recruiting possible accomplices for such a kidnapping, Trask said.

Officials in Northam’s office said they had not been notified of the threat by federal authorities and learned of it Tuesday morning through media reports.

Fox and others conducted surveillance on the governor’s lakeside vacation home, Trask said, and at one point Fox told the others that he wanted to abduct the governor, take her away from the home by boat, and then “leave her out in the boat” so others would have to come rescue her, according to testimony at the hearing.

The hearing began with five of the defendants being led into the courtroom in handcuffs, all but Fox wearing masks due to the coronavirus.

Trask also detailed the ways in which the half-dozen suspects repeatedly discussed plans to attack law enforcement. At one point, a member of the group mentioned the possibility of attacking Michigan State Police buildings.

At another point, one of the defendants, Brandon Caserta, became irate that he had been pulled over and ticketed for driving without insurance.

“An injustice just happened to me,” Caserta messaged the other suspects, according to evidence introduced at the hearing, and he wrote he could find out where the two police officers lived and “tap them,” which the FBI agent said was slang for killing them.

Even as the FBI closed in on the group, the defendants became increasingly concerned they might be under investigation by federal agents. At one point, the accused collaborators scanned each other’s bodies for radio signals, to see if anyone was wearing a recording device, the agent said. While the scans turned up nothing, the group’s alleged plot was infiltrated by two informants and two undercover agents, Trask said.

At another point, one of the defendants, Brandon Caserta, became irate that he had been pulled over and ticketed for driving without insurance.

“An injustice just happened to me,” Caserta messaged the other suspects, according to evidence introduced at the hearing, and he wrote he could find out where the two police officers lived and “tap them,” which the FBI agent said was slang for killing them.

Holy fucking white grievance! AN INJUSTICE HAPPENED bc i broke the law. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I have to admit, it’s kinda funny that it’s easier for white FBI undercover operators to infiltrate pro-white supremacy groups than it is for them to infiltrate pro-radical Islam groups despite the obvious gap in appearance and language. 

Holy shit SIR, even your secret armies are as dumbfuck as you are.  

Edited by Lobo

2020 has done a lot to divide us, but I have to remember a simpler time when condemning would-be kidnappers was considered a non-partisan issue.  

I don't remember John Walsh coming out at the beginning of the every episode of "America's Most Wanted" and giving trigger warning alerts, "The episode you are about to see is based on a group of white supremacists bent on kidnapping and beating a person they disagreed with, or felt was inferior to them.  We hope you don't get upset.   I mean, the people they almost kidnapped are besides themselves in terror, in heavy therapy, their children are in protective custody, and they'll spend the rest of their lives looking over their shoulders.  But we don't want to, in any way, upset you the viewer at home...or the men on whom these characters are based."  

Actually, this would be a good time for somebody to chime in on federal charges on politically motivated crimes. 

How admissible is their political bent if its apparent that those feelings, writing, and associations colored their motives for heinous crimes?  

Or how many times they've seen "taxi driver" ???

You know, federal agents trying to infiltrate a militia could make a pretty decent comedy show. Start out with some teenager who loves history trying to start a Revolutionary War reenactment group named after the local militia that fought in the war, except all the people who join are undercover state federal agents from various acronyms who think it is a white supremacist group, and they are all trying out supremacist each other. Of course the original member is stuck in there trying to tell everybody they are crazy and wondering what he has gotten himself into while various state and federal agents plot to overthrow their own governments. Throw in some hugely dysfunctional elected officials and you could have a pretty good show.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Actually, this would be a good time for somebody to chime in on federal charges on politically motivated crimes. 

How admissible is their political bent if its apparent that those feelings, writing, and associations colored their motives for heinous crimes?  

Or how many times they've seen "taxi driver" ???

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I don't think the charges they are facing have anything to do with their politics. There are hate crime statutes in Michigan but I haven't seen anything to make me think their actions would be prosecuted as hate crimes.

Just now, ztejas said:

I'm not sure what you're asking, but I don't think the charges they are facing have anything to do with their politics. There are hate crime statutes in Michigan but I haven't seen anything to make me think their actions would be prosecuted as hate crimes.

Actually, the domestic terrorism charges they're facing specifically have to do with the political motivation of their crimes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Right, that's what I'm asking-zTejas.  Crimes against elected officials, at least in a handful of instances that've been brought to light recently, can include your political motivations/associations if they were part of the premeditation.  Like, if you see a rich looking man walking down the street and you mug him for his watch and wallet and slug him once in the gut.  Turns out he was a Senator.  But you were robbing him for his material goods.  I don't think that's a politically-motivated crime.  But you specifically target that same man and kidnap and beat him because of some laws he was behind that you vehemently disagreed with...I think that's another story.  Again, I don't know...I'm waiting for the legal experts to chime in.  But it seems like almost the entirety of their crime was based on political disagreements they had with the Governor.  I don't see any other reason why they would have kidnapped her.  Other than ransom, I suppose.  Which can just be a crime of passion/profit and nothing to do with politics.  Maybe they go that route, I dunno.  

Edited by Lobo

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Right, that's what I'm asking-zTejas.  Crimes against elected officials, at least in a handful of instances that've been brought to light recently, can include your political motivations/associations if they were part of the premeditation.  Like, if you see a rich looking man walking down the street and you mug him for his watch and wallet and slug him once in the gut.  Turns out he was a Senator.  But you were robbing him for his material goods.  I don't think that's a politically-motivated crime.  But you specifically target that same man and kidnap and beat him because of some laws he was behind that you vehemently disagreed with...I think that's another story.  Again, I don't know...I'm waiting for the legal experts to chime in.  But it seems like almost the entirety of their crime was based on political disagreements they had with the Governor.  I don't see any other reason why they would have kidnapped her.  Other than ransom, I suppose.  Which can just be a crime of passion/profit and nothing to do with politics.  Maybe they go that route, I dunno.  

What if a guy was to try to kidnap the Michigan governor because he thinks she's got some sexiness going on, and if she could just spend a little time with him, to get to know him, she'd realize that she digs him too, and then they could spend some real quality time together, and then it wouldn't be kidnapping at all, it would be a love story?

Asking hypothetically, for a friend.

• Hook 'Em 1

At this point, pleading down to some sort of attempted gang rape is probably their best bet, no?  Gets remanded down to state court with some dipshit Assistant AG.  Half the guys plead as just "Lookouts."  They get put in with the rest of G.P. claiming it was because of her tight business suits and they can hang out with the rest of the Aryan Nation guys in Cell Block C.  

Federal prison on domestic terrorism charges though?   They become symbols of everything wrong with judicial discrimination and get their windpipes smashed in on Day #37.  

Plus the FBI is dying to make examples out of shitheads like this because of what's coming between 11/3/2020 & 1/20/2021.  I don't know what DOJ handbook some of these White Supremacists are reading from, but you can reign supreme in a state penitentiary as a white guy with a few bucks and a reputation.  But guys like that, in federal prison, get beat the fuck down every fucking month.  Because it keeps order.  Don't matter anyway, some of those guys have "plea deal squealer" written all over them.  The 2-3 dumbest ones will walk in a few years and just stay on probation radar for life.  The other handful are gonna have to learn to say racial slurs through a tube in their throats.  

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

“At this meeting they discussed possible targets, taking a sitting governor, specifically issues with the governors of Michigan and Virginia, based upon the lockdown orders,” Trask told the court, referring to state-mandated restrictions implemented to combat the spread of coronavirus.

They weren't locked down in their own homes or anything, they could go to grocery stores, they could go to Walmart, they just couldn't go to SuperCuts or Chili's or Applebees.

Who knew being deprived of Applebees or SuperCuts was a tipping point for the preppers.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They weren't locked down in their own homes or anything, they could go to grocery stores, they could go to Walmart, they just couldn't go to SuperCuts or Chili's or Applebees.

Who knew being deprived of Applebees or SuperCuts was a tipping point for the preppers.

Yeah, this one baffles me.

On the one hand, "I am willing to survive off of Jim Bakker Potato Soup buckets for three years in my prepared bunker!  I am ready for whatever happens!"

tenor.gif?itemid=17641613

But on the other hand...... "IF I CANT GO OUT FOR SOME EXTREME FAJITAS AND PIZZA SHOOTERS, AND GET A HAIRCUT, I'LL DIE!"

39ba89ff50500fe12569bc99e529e4a1.gif

• Haha 2

If Applebee's or Chili's in Michigan started a "Doomsday Prepper" To-Go menu.  I would go to work for them immediately, and eat there exclusively for the rest of my life.  

Let's add some fucking levity to 2020.  7 assholes stormed the Capitol of Michigan with AR-15's, then regrouped at home in an effort to kidnap the Governor because she wouldn't let them go to high school football games like the pedophiles they are.  And what did the Michigan police do?  Nothing.  But one state over, in Minnesota...a black guy was suspected of using a fake $20 bill.  What did those police do?  Murdered him in broad daylight with smiles on their faces.  

I think Chili's should go full retard and come up with a "2020 Menu".  "You want Chili's during pandemic?  We'll give you fucking Chili's during pandemic?  Fucking Eat it!"  Just all their craziest shit.  Fucking cheesburger lettuce wraps doused in Jack Daniel's, honey mustard, and tear gas served with a 72 oz beer and an oreo pork chop.  Let's fucking do this America! 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, this one baffles me.

On the one hand, "I am willing to survive off of Jim Bakker Potato Soup buckets for three years in my prepared bunker!  I am ready for whatever happens!"

And the thing is, we saw the police actually get crazy in Minnesota, during the riots/protests, when they were shooting law-abiding citizens who were on their own property, on their fucking porches, with rubber bullets.    That's the kind of shit that should have put the militias into the streets or planning mode - cops shooting at people who were minding their own business, on their own property.

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

But it seems like almost the entirety of their crime was based on political disagreements they had with the Governor.  I don't see any other reason why they would have kidnapped her.

Right, I'm saying, does that play into the sentencing? And the question of what their motivation was shouldn't discriminate based on their political views, right?

My point being, in the eyes of the law, if you say "I'm going to kidnap her and put her on trial for her stance on abortion!" vs. "I'm going to kidnap her and put her on trial for her stance on education reform!" does it really matter? 

I wouldn't think so, but I guess that's the nuance at a sentencing trial.  I mean violent crimes of this nature are motivated by something, I think there are degrees to kidnapping like those that blow up in the planning phases all the way up to aggravated kidnapping with assault/intent to do harm/etc. 

The truly fucked up thing about all this is the Sheriff's comments about how he didn't know if their intent was to kidnap her or arrest her for her stances on shit.  That is a weird bridge to cross.  "Uh officer, I wasn't shoving that girl into the back of my van...I was just placing her under citizen's arrest because she was so adamant that I wear a mask in her shop."  That a county-wide official had that point of view in 2020 is at once terrifying, and at once so expected.  

Interesting from someone on the ground there. 

I just remember when 3,000 people got killed on 9/11, we all rallied together. No one threatened to kidnap and harm government officials over new security measures at TSA and shit.  

A lot has changed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Interesting from someone on the ground there. 

I just remember when 3,000 people got killed on 9/11, we all rallied together. No one threatened to kidnap and harm government officials over new security measures at TSA and shit.  

A lot has changed. 

In 2001 we weren’t all hooked on social media yet. Social media has made us highly neurotic. I mean, as a species we are already highly neurotic and social media figured out how to dial that up, way up...

...so that we refresh the facebook page 20 times a day instead of once a week...so that they can harvest more data about our habits...so that they can sell more effective advertising...so that we buy more shitty products...so that facebook stock can go up...so that fucking Zuckerberg can be worth a few more billion than the year before.

Edited by XYZ
  • Like 1