First Time Home Buyers

On 10/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, StassneyHorn said:

it had me wondering about those letters and recall ads like the Chris Watters 3 day guarantee here in Austin

Fine print:  Chris Watters (r) (c) (tm) guarantees your house will sell within 3 days or he will buy your house for 65% of your asking price.

...or something like that.  Sure, it IS a guarantee.

15 hours ago, ROFL BOX said:

Fine print:  Chris Watters (r) (c) (tm) guarantees your house will sell within 3 days or he will buy your house for 65% of your asking price.

...or something like that.  Sure, it IS a guarantee.

Bingo.  Or will find a way in the contract to extend it.  Knew of a friend who went with him and it ended up dragging out, low ball offers etc

22 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

We’re moved in now. 3 Men Movers was pretty fair on their pricing and they did all of the packing, loading, moving, and unpacking in one day. It freed up some time to get my old place move out ready. First weekend in the new house should be fun. 

fuck your wife in every room.

and every closet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Get Off My Lawn, Man Yells at Cloud airing of grievances : 

- CenterPoint charged me $80 to turn my gas on. That's it, that's all they did. 

- The City of Houston hit me with a $288 water bill because my lovely wife left a hose on all night and we had to let some water out of the pool. They got me twice, once for the water and again for the sewer. They also made pay a $100 deposit to connect service. 

- XFinity charges you $40 for any changes to your plan, $25 to schedule an appointment, and another $40 to send a tech out. 

- The City of Houston Solid Waste folks will only take garage bags if they are in bio-degradable bags with the City of Houston logo visible on the bag. Yes, I'm serious. Turner and his cronies have created a nice little income stream for themselves. The bags cost $1 per bag and aren't sold at Home Depot. 

- AT&T overcharged me to the tune of $120 on my final bill. I had to call them a dozen times until they figured out how to refund me. 

- My backyard neighbors have improved every facet of their house except some ugly as sin lean-to shed that I can see from my back patio. Also just for fun, the seller failed to disclose that he split the cost of the fence with his former neighbors. That was a fun conversation with the folks next door. 

- The people across the street get their lawn mowed every Saturday at dawn. I'm not sure why it's necessary to do this so early in the morning. We've politely asked them to mow later in the day, and they told us to go screw. 

- Our lawn guy went ahead and mowed the yard without telling us while we were out of town and took out some Christmas lights. 

- A 10 foot Amazon umbrella made it about two months in the Houston weather. We're having a pergola installed this weekend. 

But hey, things could be worse. I could still be living above some geriatric lunatics at my old loft in the Heights. Our yard won Lawn of the Month, I got my security deposit back, and some cash gifts for Christmas. 

26 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

the seller failed to disclose that he split the cost of the fence with his former neighbors.

Did he not pay them or something?  They trying to collect?  Did you get the post-side?

Edited by dcbc

Obviously their argument is with the prior owners - I wonder what that conversation was like... "So, um... Biff... we saw that your house is for sale.  Remember that whole "fence 50-50" thing we talked about?  I mean, when the deposit was due, I figured you would kick your part for the money down & then the balance on completion."

Me, if I didn't get 50% from the person I was agreed to do the payment with, I'm not moving ahead with the hired company.

Hell, I only ask my customers to pay for the parts up front & then we collect the balance once the roof is complete (& if an insurance job, the parts payment usually covers well more than the legally required deductible anyhow).