Houston Texans 2020 Regular Season Thread

Macklemore

Now that the Texans have finally fired buttchin, feel like we need a regular season thread. We have been a demoralized fan base and now have new life. I have no expectation of making the playoffs or even reach 8-8. We at least have a chance now and don't have to worry about historically idiotic moves being made. Let's get the GM and head coach talk going

• Hook 'Em 3

Great game. And I had the under at 44.5. Feels nice to watch a win and win some money on it. 

The 4th and 4 TD to Cooks was such a huge fuck you to BoB. I hope that sack of shit is watching this from his couch crying.

Glad DJ didn't house that LOL

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Looked like a completely different team. Looked like they were having fun for the first time in a long time.

Jags are not good, but progress is progress.

They arent good but its not like we escaped with a W. We beat their ass and Deshaun threw 2 picks.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Amazing what a team can look like when not chained to bad decision making from the top down. I get it was the Jags, but that was the 1st time the offense hit 30 against a non-KC defense since Week5 of last year.

Gruden has put up 40 on the KC defense so far today. May still not be enough, but it can be done. Red may have had a point after all (kidding/ sort of).

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Looked like a completely different team. Looked like they were having fun for the first time in a long time.

Jags are not good, but progress is progress.

Yup, that’s the one thing I noticed, they were having fun and seemed looser than when buttchin was around.

Hopefully, the 48 year experienced Crennel (who has probably never had a real opportunity to talk to the ownership due to BoB’s interference) can inject a bit of wisdom/education with regard to the best ways to go through the process that lies in front of Cal now that BoB is out of the way. I would appreciate and at least take anything coming from Crennel into consideration if I were clueless as Cal going forward with the upcoming evaluation and  hiring decisions involved with determining the future of the franchise. But that may be asking too much.

Felt good to watch a Texans without feeling conflicted about the outcome split between wanting to win and losing as much in order to get rid of the buttchin cancer. Now that it has been excised we can hopefully heal as a fan base. McNair hired Korn Ferry with Jed Hughes in the lead to consult on our GM and head coach search. Belmont used the same group which led to us hiring Chollie. I know the role these guys play in doing the background searches of candidates and reaching out to them instead of the team to avoid tampering charges. Still, to say that I’m wary of who they will recommend would be  an understatement.

Cal has to nail it when it comes to hiring an elite, up and coming personnel guy. We need to equivalent to Crane hiring Luhnow after the Astros were hamstrung by idiots like Tim Purpura. I am a fan of hiring guys with family legacies in sports. Guys like Saban, Belichick and more recently Kyle Shanahan grew up with the game with their dads as coaches. Eliot Wolf is the son of Ron Wolf who was the architect of the Packers renaissance with Favre. He would be a great choice. A name we haven’t heard but could kill it would be Peyton Manning. He has been biding his time waiting to choose the next step in his career. Giving him the keys to the Texans kingdom could be it. The fans and players were freed from the oppressive dictatorship of King Bill and you could see the players and coaches had a weight lifted from them.

Edited by Macklemore

Lol why would Peyton Manning want to coach? Guys that are that good don't make good coaches, anyway. I think Bird is the one exception I can think of off the top of my head.

And let's see how Crennel does before worrying about the next hire.

Edited by ztejas

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol why would Peyton Manning want to coach? Guys that are that good don't make good coaches, anyway. I think Bird is the one exception I can think of off the top of my head.

And let's see how Crennel does before worrying about the next hire.

Not as coach. I’d think he’d kill it as head of football ops/GM

Edited by Macklemore

Dimitroff fired from the Falcons. What do y’all think of him as a GM candidate?  He certainly had a wealth of experience and has that NE connection that Cal seems to love. I wouldn’t hate it but he can’t bring Quinn along with him. The Texans history of blowing big leads is long enough. 

Edited by TonyTexas

2 minutes ago, tx ind said:

This just reaffirms BoB is a horrible coach. They go for it on 4th and 1, throw bombs, continuing to try and score, and just playing to win and not to lose...all normal things that buttchin would never do,

2 very questionable decisions. One worked. One didn’t.