Houston Texans 2020 Regular Season Thread

Macklemore

16 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Was it dumb to go for it on 4th and 1? Only not because we converted it, right?

Wrong. Kick the PAT and we are up 8. They need to score a TD with under 2 minutes left and 1 TO and one shot for a 2pt conversion. Odds are much better that we get at least a stop before they score a TD or blow up the 2pt conversion. You put the pressure to be perfect on THEM

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz. You are a fucking moron.

Hmm. Should I trust a guy who doesn’t even know who #41 is or Pro Football Focus, probably the most respected player evaluators around. 

13. ZACH CUNNINGHAM, HOUSTON TEXANS

Cunningham is perhaps most well known for how he uses his length to impact the passing game in coverage, but he's starting to become one of the league's better run defenders at the position. His 47 run stops in 2019 were nine more than the second-place Kuechly at linebacker, driving a career-high run-defense grade of 84.8.

His coverage grade in the 50s wasn't nearly as impressive, but you have to factor in that his situation plays a role in that grade. Cunningham played more man-coverage snaps than any other linebacker last season (239), and players like Alvin Kamara, Christian McCaffrey and Mark Andrewswere able to produce several big plays against Cunningham in man coverage. Covering receivers who are that talented one-on-one is a tough ask for any linebacker. His consistency, run defense and versatility still makes him one of the top linebackers in the NFL.

Edited by TonyTexas

4 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Wrong. Kick the PAT and we are up 8. They need to score a TD and one shot for a 2pt conversion. Odds are much better that we get at least a stop before they score a TD or blow up the 2pt conversion. You put the pressure to be perfect on THEM

You don’t have to be perfect to do that against this defense....

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Fucking loser franchise man. Don’t get the call to go for 2 but whatever, if they’d kicked the PAT Tennessee would have scored a TD and made the 2 anyway....

But you still make them attempt the conversion to tie. 

• Hook 'Em 2

A win would have meant 2-0 in the division. Win the division and make the playoffs. Considering how you started, that's a worthy accomplishment. Not sure why I expected the coaching to be any better. These are all BoB's guys.

Just get this shit season over and hire the dude from Atlanta.

7 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

A win would have meant 2-0 in the division. Win the division and make the playoffs. 

Division winners are based on overall record not division record which is only used as a tiebreaker.

And the coaching was fine in this game. Not perfect, but not really worth bitching about. Tennessee is a good team. Romeo is an interim coach and that's about it. If we can be any better with him than BoB then that's great but we're just playing with house money.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's what I would have done, but I don't have a huge problem going for two. I get it.

Romeo has been coaching for 100 years. He knows the D is a shitshow. He knew the highest probability of winning was to let 4 make a play on the 2-pt try and go up nine. Titans punted on opening drive and that was it. The D wasn't stopping the Titans. Only reason the Texans were in it was JJ's strip sack and the Titans' kicking issues.

Edited by Jacob McCandles
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Brothahorn said:

well-shit_o_1613359.jpg

Yeah I thought about writing something cunty to prove you wrong but I get shit like that wrong all the fucking time here because I'm too lazy to google. I think it used to just be division record but they changed it at somepoint.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

and Deshaun being a gangster despite questionable pass protection most of the game 

Agreed. 4 is the real deal most of the time. It is a shame he is saddled with the Texans' D and their cap/draft situation (i.e. furked). Ownership/management sucks, and BOB's actions as GM will set the franchise back for a long time. 

18 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I’m also good with going for two there. Our D was not going to stop anything. You score two and win the game, maybe that’s the first step towards an extremely unlikely season turnaround. You lose, well, the season is basically completely unaltered.

TOM HERMAN