Chris Del Conte is a Gigantic Pussy

On 11/14/2021 at 3:48 PM, David Dennison said:

By fans, yes, but the University is extremely proud of the entire program and all of the student athletes at Texas. Winning that Directors' Cup is a huge deal.

No it’s not!  Tell yourself this shit for another 10 years.

The Director Cup in only meaningful if the Football Team is winning.

Take that bs to the group hug crowd.

Ignore it for a few more years and stumble through moving to the SEC.  

Nobody gives a shit if football is a doormat.

Football needs a add kicker.

Football needs all the funding and the left overs for everything else.

Money talks.

Football is the money!

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Native Texas said:

No it’s not!  Tell yourself this shit for another 10 years.

The Director Cup in only meaningful if the Football Team is winning.

Take that bs to the group hug crowd.

Ignore it for a few more years and stumble through moving to the SEC.  

Nobody gives a shit if football is a doormat.

Football needs a add kicker.

Football needs all the funding and the left overs for everything else.

Money talks.

Football is the money!

Football has been a doormat for over a decade now and Texas still makes more money than anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

Can one of you guys explain to me what the non revenue sports are “taking away” from football? On the football side of things I haven’t once heard about finances preventing any decisions being made. The stadium just completed a 9 figure renovation, and the checkbook was open during the coaching “search” at the beginning of the year. The on the field results of our football program obviously suck ass but how are the non revenue sports the cause??

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Can one of you guys explain to me what the non revenue sports are “taking away” from football? On the football side of things I haven’t once heard about finances preventing any decisions being made. The stadium just completed a 9 figure renovation, and the checkbook was open during the coaching “search” at the beginning of the year. The on the field results of our football program obviously suck ass but how are the non revenue sports the cause??

You know the answer to that.

But this thread isn’t about logic, it’s about petulance and angst.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, football sucks because Texas is wicked allsome at swimming and diving.

Makes sense.

Yeah, UConn is really bad at football because of Geno Auriemma. 

That OU softball and gymnastics team is totally hurting OU's football program! 

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, formermav43 said:

You know the answer to that.

But this thread isn’t about logic, it’s about petulance and angst.

2 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

the checkbook was open during the coaching “search” at the beginning of the year. The on the field results of our football program obviously suck ass but how are the non revenue sports the cause??

People say things like that, but was it really? I never see evidence of it. We have the most money, but we flush the most down the toilet. I have never seen us "money whip" a coach. We say we can buy anyone we want, but we haven't actually done it.

We like to hire on the cheap, but we really just pay low value coaches more than they're worth. Is that really a bargain?

• Like 1

I think we get caught in a logic spiral with our allocation of money.

Let's hire Sark

Ok what should we pay him?

Well based on what the market would demand probably 2-3M a season would land him

But we are Texas if we only pay him 2M a season we don't seem that committed to him and might that impact recruiting?

Yea you're right let's give him 6M with a 30M dollar buyout...that will show everybody we are committed to our coach

Everybody else - They are fucking Texas, that isn't a commitment they can buy that out in a heart beat if they want

So we spend money we don't have to trying to convey a message that everybody knows is meaningless because we have plenty of money to spend instead of just spending that money on value we spend it on perception

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

I think we get caught in a logic spiral with our allocation of money.

Let's hire Sark

Ok what should we pay him?

Well based on what the market would demand probably 2-3M a season would land him

But we are Texas if we only pay him 2M a season we don't seem that committed to him and might that impact recruiting?

Yea you're right let's give him 6M with a 30M dollar buyout...that will show everybody we are committed to our coach

Everybody else - They are fucking Texas, that isn't a commitment they can buy that out in a heart beat if they want

So we spend money we don't have to trying to convey a message that everybody knows is meaningless because we have plenty of money to spend instead of just spending that money on value we spend it on perception

His buyout is only 70% so it’s not 30 million. December 1, 2021 his buyout would be 20.6 million. 

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

People say things like that, but was it really? I never see evidence of it. We have the most money, but we flush the most down the toilet. I have never seen us "money whip" a coach. We say we can buy anyone we want, but we haven't actually done it.

We like to hire on the cheap, but we really just pay low value coaches more than they're worth. Is that really a bargain?

In hindsight it's a terrible HC hire, but we absolutely money whipped a supposed great staff together.

19 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I'm convinced part of the thought process on Sark was 'well, if he flies the plane into the mountain we can fire him with cause and won't have to eat the buyout'

• Hook 'Em 1

His buyout is only 70% so it’s not 30 million. December 1, 2021 his buyout would be 20.6 million. 

Who gives a shit. That wasn’t the point. People say we cheap out on coaches. We don’t cheap out. I bet we are top 5-10 in the money spent on football coaches the last decade. Wr ain’t cheap. We are just stupid.

31 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Did you miss our basketball hire?

This is the football board. Football makes all the money at Texas. There will be more empty seats at our next home football game than all the full seats at the next home competition in every other sport at Texas combined.

29 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

This is the football board. Football makes all the money at Texas. There will be more empty seats at our next home football game than all the full seats at the next home competition in every other sport at Texas combined.

And football will continue to make money hand over fist.

That might be the biggest problem with Texas Football, Inc.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

I didn't say or think non revenue sports are "taking away" from football.  I just said no one gives a shit about them so who fucking cares if we win the Director's Cup?  It's a worthless "championship". 

We're Texas, we used to be a football school, now we're the Director's Cup school.  Yippee. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I didn't say or think non revenue sports are "taking away" from football.  I just said no one gives a shit about them so who fucking cares if we win the Director's Cup?  It's a worthless "championship". 

We're Texas, we used to be a football school, now we're the Director's Cup school.  Yippee. 

And the answer is a whole shit ton of people at the University of Texas care. Our athletic program generates a tremendous sense of pride on the 40 acres.

5 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It’s time to implement the “tail him home” strategy they planned with Herman and if they can’t come up with cause, then play the Texas Tech card of sovereign immunity. “We’re Texas and we won’t pay buy outs that you can’t possibly defend based on your dog shit coaching!”

What was planned for Herman?  Would be interesting to hear!

12 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So our AD is now throwing players under the bus. Sounds like it should really help recruiting. This shit is so embarrassing.

I don't know how it will impact recruiting but the only thing Texas has to sell right now is playing time and the roster sucks. 

That's what the coaching staff is selling to every recruit. 

IMO, making it known the roster is terrible and playing time is up for grabs in year 1 is about as good a strategy as anything Texas has right now. Should the AD be running with that narrative? I dunno but it's obvious that's what the coaching staff is now going for. My guess is this is actually coming from Sark. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, UTEX_ME said:

Why does he feel the need to give a vote of confidence for Sark in such a pathetic woe is us statement with two games left? Recruiting?

Sark has been running with the narrative all week that "these Herman recruiting classes have major holes" and "we might take 33 in the '22 class." 

You can like it or hate it but seems fairly obvious to me that everyone is pivoting to the idea the roster sucks and come here if you want instant playing time. Read the recruiting thread, this is absolutely what we're selling to all the OL recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

We have the most money because we don't spend any of it. Ohio State spends way more of their revenue on their program than Texas

29 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

So administration is officially blamining the players for the loss against fucking Kansas?  

guess cdc is officially hitching his wagon to sark  

bwhahajajajakajkakaka

fire all these fuckers.

How the fuck was that blaming the players? You people will make up anything 

• Hook 'Em 3

34 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So our AD is now throwing players under the bus. Sounds like it should really help recruiting. This shit is so embarrassing.

If you read it, he simply pointed out that we’ve had a lot of attrition (plus injuries and illness). Which is why the pull quote says we have “depth issues.” That’s hardly throwing any players under the bus.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

If you read it, he simply pointed out that we’ve had a lot of attrition (plus injuries and illness). Which is why the pull quote says we have “depth issues.” That’s hardly throwing any players under the bus.

It's the exact same narrative that Sark ran with this week. They're making it known that attrition is bad (with more coming) and they're taking a big recruiting class. Come get playing time in year 1. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Part of the letter this is what is known in the literary world as "fellating:"

Right now, we need to focus on moving forward, staying behind our team and cheering like heck to get a win at West Virginia. We then can welcome our Horns home for Senior Day on the Friday after Thanksgiving at 11 a.m. CT versus K-State. I know we're all really disappointed, and there's a lot being said, but this is not a time to splinter or pull apart in any way. We need to stay positive and remain united as a Longhorn Family. We know there are better days ahead, and I know y'all will continue to be the wind beneath our wings to help lead us there. That was obvious with how you turned out and turned up the volume on Saturday as our team fought and came back at DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. I would be remiss if I didn't give y'all a huge thank you for the incredible support on gameday. From Bevo Blvd, Smokey's Midway, Longhorn City Limits and all the pregame festivities until the final whistle, you came out in full force, and brought your patented passion, pride and Texas Fight. You hung in there and gave us all you had until the bitter end, and we are so grateful for each and every one of you.