Fuck you Tom Herman

alphahorn

On 12/28/2020 at 3:42 PM, Nowhichski said:

What exactly are UT players complaining about and using to dissuade recruits?

Yeah, that reads like 9.95er drummed up drama to me too. Our lack of results, player development, and NFL draft picks dissuades recruits more than any perceived malcontents. Those players would get rooted out.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:52 AM, Dbeasy said:

I really think he’s got a special x and o talent for game planning (when he decides to work on it) and it’s unfortunate all of these flaws make him an ineffective head coach.

Yes, give fuckface a month to prepare for every game and we'll be right in the mix for a CFB Playoff spot.

1 minute ago, DFW Horn said:

Yeah, that reads like 9.95er drummed up drama to me too. Our lack of results, player development, and NFL draft picks dissuades recruits more than any perceived malcontents. Those players would get rooted out.

I dunno, man. I kind of believe TFB. They tend to just tell it like it is. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if recruits were told not to come by players. Look at the talent that just sits on the bench behind less talented players because "the bleed for the program", and not because, you know, they're actually more talented. 

On 12/28/2020 at 4:42 PM, Nowhichski said:

What exactly are UT players complaining about and using to dissuade recruits?

More so which players? Players that already left or intended to transfer? Players that say that but stay because they hate themselves? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to negatively recruit if you stay in the program. But I certainly agree about which players get playing time and that it’s an issue

Edited by taybo20

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

More so which players? Players that already left or intended to transfer? Players that say that but stay because they hate themselves? It doesn’t make a lot of sense to negatively recruit if you stay in the program. That’s confusing

The transfer portal makes it easier for disgruntled players to move on, so why would they even stick around to negatively recruit? "Why the fuck are you still here?"

• Like 1

Scipio continued to hint that a change is nigh on his podcast after the Alamo bowl. I just don’t buy it unless there’s a home run hire waiting in the wings because I think the coordinators have proven themselves to be very good given the progress both sides of the ball have made throughout the season. Don’t get me wrong, I hate Herman, but it’s risky to make a change for the sake of change when there is clearly some positive momentum, you have the next great Longhorn running back averaging 18 yards per carry, and a defense that is really starting to look like something we would have rolled out under coach Boom.

If we do make a change, I hope we keep Ash...

Just now, Brandywine said:

And we wouldn’t have been in the Sugar Bowl if OU hadn’t beaten us and went to the CFP. Not true. If we would have beat them we would have gone to the Sugar Bowl. Could have been 3 Alamo Bowls instead. Oh well, it’s a New Year, time to think positive and hopeful!

The transfer portal makes it easier for disgruntled players to move on, so why would they even stick around to negatively recruit? "Why the fuck are you still here?"

Yeah I don’t buy it. For all the discussion around the program the team has never looked like it wasn’t giving it’s all on the field. They may not be set up for success, but the effort has been there. There have been some tough transfers but really no more than any other major program. This recruiting class is still a top 20 class despite it being small. That’s not the look of a team where guys are openly telling recruits not to come.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
26 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Laughing out loud at this in my office. Also laughing at the fact that Vance Bedford is the Hawaii HC. 

Question: Did you pick Tom as your HC with a UCF dynasty and throw all the games? Either way this is hilarious. 

Nope, tornadobirds of Iowa State midway through year 3. This was the unaided work of the genius that is virtual Tom Herman. I think he's trying to break the game's programming and get fired before the season ends.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 6 months later...