Ear-bleeders

UTCzech III

42 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i gotta say, i am scratching my head and trying to understand what makes some of these songs ear bleeders.

or did this just morph into another "post one of your favorite songs" thread?

Well, the guy who started the thread first posted the first song on the first album by The Police.  It's pretty spirited rock 'n roll, but hardly punk, or metal, or any other "ear-bleeding" genre I can think of.  I'm pretty sure everyone just went with his criteria:  what songs do you like to crank up loud?

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, the guy who started the thread first posted the first song on the first album by The Police.  It's pretty spirited rock 'n roll, but hardly punk, or metal, or any other "ear-bleeding" genre I can think of.  I'm pretty sure everyone just went with his criteria:  what songs do you like to crank up loud?

That's how I have taken it.  Stuff that, in your mind, demands to be played loud.

There's a good bit of classical that way, as Rimbo notes.  1812 Overture is one.  I like Boccherini pretty loud usually.

Copland's Hoedown from Rodeo fits.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

i gotta say, i am scratching my head and trying to understand what makes some of these songs ear bleeders.

Ear bleeders are found in most genre.  Speedmetal is but one genre. TLDR: have a beer and listen. 

I have one project I have to get out today and the selections on this thread have kept me firing with full throttle. Thank you to all who contributed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hey, "that guy" checking in.  I thought it was pretty self-explanatory, whatever song that moves YOU to damage your hearing or shred your speakers for whatever reason.  Does the song have to BE loud?  No, you just have to hear it loud.  Does it have to move ME?  No, kind of the beauty of this thread.  It could be the goddam Ave Maria if that's what you like.  More power to you.    To whit:

But only from 3:45 on...

• Like 1