Hank's

staboner

finally have a fucking place to go to in my hood. Hank's is in Windsor Park on Berkman and its nice. 

- big space. nicely laid out. i mean lots of space

- fun bar. makes a good drink. 

- menu is pretty blah for now. definitely ask about what people like / whats popular. i'd say the fried bird was excellent. some of the apps were very blah though

- great prices

- nice staff. looks to have made efforts to hire locally from our hood (versus hiring nothing but forced hipster douchebags)

its also always crowded. 

come give it some support. thanks. 

its really odd actually. we (me, other customers) are there as much as possible and so grateful. bartenders and staff are just laughing along with us. i have been here 10 years and finally we have a local place.

yes, there are places in Mueller that are fun - Gino's, Torchy's (with a bar) and some nice little restaurants for lunch time type shit. But not a nice neighborhood bar with good food. and I mean a bar that makes good OF's.  We have waited for this one spot to get going for 4 years I think. its been unoccupied and just a shithole for what feels like forever. Previously to being a shithole it was a hybrid South Asian / Mexican fruiteria with the cashier working behind bars.

On the up and up over here

On 4/23/2018 at 11:07 AM, staboner said:

its really odd actually. we (me, other customers) are there as much as possible and so grateful. bartenders and staff are just laughing along with us. i have been here 10 years and finally we have a local place.

yes, there are places in Mueller that are fun - Gino's, Torchy's (with a bar) and some nice little restaurants for lunch time type shit. But not a nice neighborhood bar with good food. and I mean a bar that makes good OF's.  We have waited for this one spot to get going for 4 years I think. its been unoccupied and just a shithole for what feels like forever. Previously to being a shithole it was a hybrid South Asian / Mexican fruiteria with the cashier working behind bars.

On the up and up over here

Wasn't it a La Michocana? 

And then it was supposed to be that first coffee-shop/cafe for a long, long time. Good to see that something finally made it in. I would think they will be the tip of the spear for a rapid redevelopment of that whole shopping center. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2018 at 12:33 PM, Murfdogg21 said:

Will be trying it out once we move into Mueller. Also hoping another bar opens in Mueller to have more options than just BD Riley’s 

You also have the bar downstairs at the Drafthouse, the place on the corner has a full bar (Colleen's) and for beer you can also do Whichcraft. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 10:29 AM, TheYoungHorn said:

Wasn't it a La Michocana? 

And then it was supposed to be that first coffee-shop/cafe for a long, long time. Good to see that something finally made it in. I would think they will be the tip of the spear for a rapid redevelopment of that whole shopping center. 

Hanks is a coffee shop by day and bar and restaurant by night. its also just huge. i mean really fucking big. there are 3 or 4 places you can sit at and it feels like its own place. two patios and 3 different areas inside. 

please bring rapid growth.