NLCS- Dodgers v Braves

Sbbruin

11 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Sucks to lose game 1 but I still have a pretty good feeling about the series.

I was not impressed by Globe Life Field. The exterior looks fine when looking at the large side that faces north with lots of glass windows. The exterior is also kind of ugly when viewed from either end with a huge angular sheet metal roof. The interior is fine I suppose but it seemed entirely generic. Not one single feature that stood out as being unique.

Concessions were terrible and beer selection was crappy. It seems that modern sports stadiums offer better food and drink options but the only things I saw tonight were basic concession stand food. I paid $12 for a brisket sandwich that looked like it belonged on a kids’ menu. Tried to follow that up with a personal pizza but they were out of those by the 5th inning. Tried to get a second Karbach IPA but they were out of those too. Hopefully this is a day 1 Covid problem and they’ll improve it for normal times.

Social distancing seemed mostly fine. There were the occasional oblivious assholes but most people seem to respect boundaries and the seats were adequately spaced.

Doesn't surprise me. Shit looks ugly as hell from the outside and the inside looked like a generic form of the ballpark in Houston. The old ballpark across the street has much more personality. But they wanted an inside stadium so this is what we have now. The shots around the stadium on tv and the people I knew who attended the game and posted pics, not impressed at all. I won't fully judge it until I go see it in person but I am not expecting much.

Really trying so hard to never get excited about any of my Atlanta teams, even our fucking football team was blowing double digit leads with a handful of minutes left, but the one last year (mostly the same guys) and this year are so much more clutch than the Mike Minor team that won the NL-East in 2012 or whenever that couldn't score more than three runs a game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Really trying so hard to never get excited about any of my Atlanta teams, even our fucking football team was blowing double digit leads with a handful of minutes left, but the one last year (mostly the same guys) and this year are so much more clutch than the Mike Minor team that won the NL-East in 2012 or whenever that couldn't score more than three runs a game.

Bro. It’s agonizing.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

not getting ahead of myself as the dodgers are loaded, but this has been awesome thus far.

Was worried we burned through all our bullpen arms yesterday, but still have Will Smith and Greene who didn’t pitch yesterday. We’ll need them with Wright and Wilson back to back.