Burgers across Texas

dogbreath

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 10:25 PM, Revolution512 said:

Ed’s Place in Taylor still makes a solid burger.

Went there this afternoon. We took our order up to Murphy Park for lunch amongst all the damn ducks. 
Excellent greasy ol’ burger on the toasted bun which soaked up most of said grease. Will do again...

665E75F4-0EF0-420A-B2A0-FA5117817ABB.jpeg

35193579-F168-41CE-B0EF-7E3D4BF905F3.jpeg

1B319F81-5080-4F13-BC7F-6F9054346F16.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 2

On 10/12/2020 at 9:35 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Been a while but always loved Dairy Treat (not queen) in Victoria 

Went to the private school right down the road from K-8th grade and that place was a staple for me friday after school.  Was always Vanilla ice cream cone and cheeseburger with ketchup and pickles. Every Friday for like 4 years. Glad I saw this.

I will lose faith in humanity if they ever have to close. If your menu looks like this, it had to be good. There was some amazing frito pie over at Las Cazuelas across from the school/church as well.

143CA286-4788-4F90-95C8-D451C3534095.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Went to the private school right down the road from K-8th grade and that place was a staple for me friday after school.  Was always Vanilla ice cream cone and cheeseburger with ketchup and pickles. Every Friday for like 4 years. Glad I saw this.

I will lose faith in humanity if they ever have to close. If your menu looks like this, it had to be good. There was some amazing frito pie over at Las Cazuelas across from the school/church as well.

I want to go to there. 

On 10/22/2020 at 2:27 AM, NIUHuskies said:

SA-Mr. Juicy and Papa's Burgers for the hip

For the old timers-Murf's Better Burgers on West Ave and Burger Boy on St. Mary's

Kingsville-Mariachis Burger House

Jr just moved to Dallas but he misses Burger Boy.  We had it once on our last visit and thought it was good. 

The Shell station on 36 south of Bellville. Cranky old woman dishes out fantastic burgers but there's a wait that makes Whataburger seem fast even if no one is ahead of you. It's worth it. Austin County's best for sure. 

o.jpg

Snow Bunny Cone, Bay City, Matagorda County. It's a little more renowned than the Bellville Shell, which for some reason I don't understand has yet to attract as much attention as it deserves...Anyway, Snow Bunny is the shit too. Just be ready for a heapin' helpin' of Jesus when you order. It's a walk-up place and there are Bible verses everywhere you look and they blast contemporary Christian and tell you to have a blessed day but this heathen gives zero fucks when that burger is close at hand. 

42730903_1193844520754756_74514737097028

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Here are a few:

Johnson County-Cleburne- Burger Bar and/or Morris Neal's

Somervell County-Glen Rose- Loco Coyote

Erath County-Bluff Dale-Jasper's

Archer County-Holliday- T's Food Store Archer City-Murn's

Palo Pinto County Mineral Wells- Jesse's Drive-In

Hood County-Granbury- C Mart (convenience store) and/or Grump's

I have personally eaten at all of these.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The Shell station on 36 south of Bellville. Cranky old woman dishes out fantastic burgers but there's a wait that makes Whataburger seem fast even if no one is ahead of you. It's worth it. Austin County's best for sure. 

o.jpg

Snow Bunny Cone, Bay City, Matagorda County. It's a little more renowned than the Bellville Shell, which for some reason I don't understand has yet to attract as much attention as it deserves...Anyway, Snow Bunny is the shit too. Just be ready for a heapin' helpin' of Jesus when you order. It's a walk-up place and there are Bible verses everywhere you look and they blast contemporary Christian and tell you to have a blessed day but this heathen gives zero fucks when that burger is close at hand. 

42730903_1193844520754756_74514737097028

Snow Bunny Cone's burger look fantabulous.  

On 10/12/2020 at 3:45 PM, dogbreath said:

We know some people who are on a journey to visit every county to check out the courthouses, so I'd like to to do the same for burgers.  What are your recommendations for each county?  Since there are 254 counties and the limitations of my gastric system, I will be proceeding at a slow pace of 2-3 days at a time, so any suggestions for other activities would be welcome.  Especially swimming holes.  

You can recommend the foo-foo burgers but I'd rather know of old timey cheeseburgers.   

As an example, several years ago we stopped at a convenience store on I-10 east of Beaumont and they had a nice looking grill so I went for the cheeseburger and it was fantastic--just an old time drug store burger. 

Gillespie County: Alamo Springs Cafe or Pecan Grove

Harrison County: Fuglers

Gregg County: Juicy's or Butcher Shop

edit: most of these were already mentioned but want to second that Castell General Store, that place is awesome.

Bill's in Lampasas is great

Kerr County: Brown's in Kerrville is great - hole in the wall and can't recommend it enough

Titus County: Mt Pleasant Burgers and Fries

Edited by NoName

On 10/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Etexhorn13 said:

Also just realized I misspelled Fugler’s. Some people would just call the place Bubba Burger. If you’re as familiar with the area as you sound you’ve probably heard of it. It’s kinda northwest of Marshall a few miles. 

I was wondering if someone bought and re-named it or ripped it off!

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2020 at 12:27 PM, NoName said:

Gillespie County: Alamo Springs Cafe or Pecan Grove

Kendall County: Alamo Springs Café

Harrison County: Fuglers

Gregg County: Juicy's or Butcher Shop

edit: most of these were already mentioned but want to second that Castell General Store, that place is awesome.

Bill's in Lampasas is great

Kerr County: Brown's in Kerrville is great - hole in the wall and can't recommend it enough

Titus County: Mt Pleasant Burgers and Fries

fify

On 11/12/2020 at 3:40 PM, StassneyHorn said:

no one on this site has had more dairy treet burgers than me 

prove me wrong

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Aransas Pass, San Patricio County, TX - Mickey's Bar And Grill

The South Of The Border burger is a tasty burger.  Better than any burger has any right to be at a place where you have to drive through a trailer park to get to and is located directly across the street from a wastewater treatment facility.  However, you can also get to it by boat, so it has that going for it.

Edited by ScottS
OU sucks.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, CHIEF said:

Here are a few:

Johnson County-Cleburne- Burger Bar and/or Morris Neal's

Somervell County-Glen Rose- Loco Coyote

Erath County-Bluff Dale-Jasper's

Archer County-Holliday- T's Food Store Archer City-Murn's

Palo Pinto County Mineral Wells- Jesse's Drive-In

Hood County-Granbury- C Mart (convenience store) and/or Grump's

I have personally eaten at all of these.

CHIEF

This is a good list. 

11 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My dad and I were out near Bryan today doing photography and decided to try this burger joint called “Top of the Hill Greasy Burgers”. 

I hate the Habanero Burger. It was quite tasty. No frills, the way a burger should be 90% of the time. 

spacer.png
spacer.png

You have a good taste in both burgers and photography.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 5:58 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

My dad and I were out near Bryan today doing photography and decided to try this burger joint called “Top of the Hill Greasy Burgers”. 

I hate the Habanero Burger. It was quite tasty. No frills, the way a burger should be 90% of the time. 

spacer.png
spacer.png

i would eat that 

On 3/1/2021 at 6:58 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

spacer.png
spacer.png

Been meaning to ask on here how people prefer their fixins, above or below the burger like pictured here?  

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Pickles under, lettuce/tomatoes/japs on top. 

I’m sorry to say that I’ve had enough time to figure this out, but yeah, you put the onions and pickles and stuff that won’t get soggy underneath, then the patty and cheese on either or both sides, then the lettuce and tomato on top.  And eat it pronto.