The Surly Official 2020 I voted thread.

immamac

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Drove my friend to the polls yesterday just to make sure she voted.  She probably would have, but I was tired of waiting for her to get her shit together.  Called her up said I was on my way over and said we're going voting.

did she blow you afterwards? because she should have.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

That's like a reverse Cosby mind-trick.

"Get in woman...we're going voting!"

"You mean like you're gonna get me on a TV show?  Or a movie?  Or get me into a new Lexus car lease?  Or take me to Tahiti?  Or get my kids into that great private school?"

"Nope, I'm taking you to the American Legion.  You gonna vote Biden, sanitize your hands, keep the finger condom, get back in the car, and blow me."  

"Yeah okay, that sounds alright.  Can we at least have Arby's afterwards?"  

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

That's like a reverse Cosby mind-trick.

"Get in woman...we're going voting!"

"You mean like you're gonna get me on a TV show?  Or a movie?  Or get me into a new Lexus car lease?  Or take me to Tahiti?  Or get my kids into that great private school?"

"Nope, I'm taking you to the American Legion.  You gonna vote Biden, sanitize your hands, keep the finger condom, get back in the car, and blow me."  

"Yeah okay, that sounds alright.  Can we at least have Arby's afterwards?"  

I don’t know...... I haven’t seen a pic, but I’m getting strong WNB vibes.

We voted today. 3 votes for Biden in Texas. Democratic down ballot if there was a choice, blank if R only save one local race where we know the candidate and he's unopposed.

No wait at all when we went but the line stretched outside by the time we were finished. The ballot had a lot of local city/county races plus school board this go round.

• Hook 'Em 3

58 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We voted today. 3 votes for Biden in Texas. Democratic down ballot if there was a choice, blank if R only save one local race where we know the candidate and he's unopposed.

No wait at all when we went but the line stretched outside by the time we were finished. The ballot had a lot of local city/county races plus school board this go round.

Like you. Wife and I voted last Monday. Got there at 7:40, doors opened at 8 and out by 8:15. Voted all Dems. Had about 7 unopposed Republicans and did not vote for them. I seriously doubt I’ll ever vote for another Republican. To throw so much shit at Obama for petty little stuff and then to allow this ignorant lazy crook and his family to get away with what he’s done, and still doing, is unforgivable. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

What kinda fancy ass 1% I Voted sticker is that, Richie Rich?

Gotta pay extra for all those multiple votes i cast for Biden.

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Bigger question is why he's either barefoot or doesn't buy sandals that fit his feet properly.

No, just black flip flops. They are blending into the asphalt. They are probably a size too big actually.

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Gotta pay extra for all those multiple votes i cast for Biden.

No, just black flip flops. They are blending into the asphalt. They are probably a size too big actually.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the barefeet. It's colder than fuck outside haha

• Hook 'Em 1

Voted mid-morning on Friday at South Austin Rec Center.  In and out in 20 minutes.  Maybe 5 in front of me and 15 behind when leaving.  Straight D for me and, from the looks of it and if I was guessing, for most if not all of the folks there.  I was surprised at how good it felt and how emotional it was for me to vote against that sack of shit and all of his R enablers / hangers on.  In past I might have voted for an R or two down ballot (judges I practice in front of etc) but not this time or ever again.  If you have that R (and maybe even more so if you acknowledge that he's a POS in private but are too scared to drop the R) you're dead to me.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Just voted. In and out in under 10 minutes. Voted for every Democrat on the ballot. The party of the Trump needs to be destroyed thoroughly. 

Make no mistake, it's not revenge I'm after on November 3rd. It's a reckoning. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 8

55 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

My daughter also made this pumpkin which gave me warm fuzzies I'm doing something right. 2 boys don't give 2 shits about politics but at 12 she is very into it. 

20201024_193123.jpg

So on Saturday will kids be saying "Trump or treat!"? Also, don't be surprised if one of them(or their parent) smashes that pumpkin. 

2 hours ago, tjhooker said:

My daughter also made this pumpkin which gave me warm fuzzies I'm doing something right. 2 boys don't give 2 shits about politics but at 12 she is very into it. 

20201024_193123.jpg

Props to your kids.  There's a Biden-Harris pumpkin on the street next to mine.  I can't tell if it's meant to be scary or if it's just a clever alternative to a yard sign.  Halloween really has me thinking of what a strange little bubble my neighborhood is.  We're this fairly libertarian/Anti-Trump island (based on yard signs and conversations on down-ballot races/props), but surrounded by a surrounded by a quietly pro-Trump/Chamber-of-Commerce GOP swatch of Austin, then surrounded by the typical hippie South Austin, then the larger CenTex region which I would contend is more moderate than most people realize.  Then of course, in the middle of maybe-red, maybe-purple, maybe-blue Lone Star State.  

I'm putting my "I voted" sticker back on Halloween.  It's my costume.  I'm going as someone who's insane enough to believe the people are deciding the election this year. 

And nothing is scarier than a drunken insane Lobo on the night of a full moon .  

12 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Just cast my straight D at the holiday inn by the acc highland campus. Felt so good I had a celebration shot at the hotel bar before leaving.

Hell yeah! They should serve liquor at every polling place. (Might want to limit it to a double just to be safe)