The Amazing Race 32

TrashMaster G

Yeah me too ... and I have a rooting interest in the McKibbon Brothers (the AVP volleyball players). I'm a big AVP fan & my boy and I met 'em a couple years back. Good guys. This is the second time someone we've met has been on the show. Alexander Rossi was the other. /csb.

8 hours ago, wood said:

Yeah me too ... and I have a rooting interest in the McKibbon Brothers (the AVP volleyball players). I'm a big AVP fan & my boy and I met 'em a couple years back. Good guys. This is the second time someone we've met has been on the show. Alexander Rossi was the other. /csb.

They seem pretty cool.  I also like the NFLers. 

Really enjoyed the 1st episode.  No returnees, no gimmicks, only a couple of semi-celebrities.  My only complaint is that it appears they have continued the trend of ignoring the actual transportation aspect of the race. 

Also, I don't remember them ever eliminating a team where the race continues without a pit stop.  

Edited by TonyTexas

36 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Also waiting to see how annoying the Nerds get with their "we're not just super smart" schtick.

yeah i never really disliked Becca and Floyd on prior seasons, but I think these nerds will get pretty fucking annoying.  

I like all the team so far. 

But the editing of this show is so awful now - it’s a far, far cry from what it was a few years back. Quick, jarring edits and skipping huge chunks of a race is poor. It gets terrible viewership so I assume they laid off most of the old time editors and hired a bunch of inexperienced ones.    

I like all the team so far. 

But the editing of this show is so awful now - it’s a far, far cry from what it was a few years back. Quick, jarring edits and skipping huge chunks of a race is poor. It gets terrible viewership so I assume they laid off most of the old time editors and hired a bunch of inexperienced ones.    

Weird. The whole production seems lacking from past years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, the tightrope would have normally more difficult but I assume their safety harness/rope was supporting most of their weight making the body balancing aspect much easier.  Houston couple first place in weeks 1 & 2

The parasol they were holding was hooked to a rope above them. Most of the challenges have been kinda lame.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Man, it blows my mind that people still screw themselves every season by not reading their instructions thoroughly.  If you go on the show that has to be Rule #1.  And Rule #2 is to repeat Rule #1.

I didn’t fully understand why will &james went after the “smart” couple outside of the fact that they’re annoying. I’m referencing when the wife had to point out that her husbands masters degree was from Harvard. Maybe she was contrasting his degree being from a tougher school than hers but it came across poorly. (And I also realize that they’re answering unheard questions)

that was a cruel sacrifice of the team that went home. From the edit, they appeared to be going home anyway but the U-turn assured the result. We didn’t see much of the father-son but their quick exit wasn’t surprising.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I didn’t fully understand why will &james went after the “smart” couple outside of the fact that they’re annoying. I’m referencing when the wife had to point out that her husbands masters degree was from Harvard. Maybe she was contrasting his degree being from a tougher school than hers but it came across poorly. (And I also realize that they’re answering unheard questions)

that was a cruel sacrifice of the team that went home. From the edit, they appeared to be going home anyway but the U-turn assured the result. We didn’t see much of the father-son but their quick exit wasn’t surprising.

Yeah, they seemed to think they were making some sort of power move.  Seemed unnecessarily antagonistic to me.

51 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Yeah, they seemed to think they were making some sort of power move.  Seemed unnecessarily antagonistic to me.

If you're in first, you don't need to waste a u-turn to potentially assist your ally. Let another team make that decision since they would be in a better position to understand the need. I was half listening and don't recall the rules, but do teams have limits (1?) time they can use a u-turn? 

7 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

I don't think they thought they were making a big power move at all.  They knew (and said) exactly what they were doing and why.  They owed those two big time from last leg when they told them about the horn.  Once the nerds were u-turned, the sisters paid back their debt by slowing up another team farther behind them.  I doubt they know where everybody is in the race or if another team would use the u-turn.  Both teams acknowledge that that was exactly the point of them u-turning Frank & Jerry.  It did seem a little unnecessary and antagonistic, but at least their debt is now paid.  

3 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I don't think they thought they were making a big power move at all.  They knew (and said) exactly what they were doing and why.  They owed those two big time from last leg when they told them about the horn.  Once the nerds were u-turned, the sisters paid back their debt by slowing up another team farther behind them.  I doubt they know where everybody is in the race or if another team would use the u-turn.  Both teams acknowledge that that was exactly the point of them u-turning Frank & Jerry.  It did seem a little unnecessary and antagonistic, but at least their debt is now paid.  

I wasn't referring to the girls u-turning Frank & Jerry.  I got that one.  I was referring to the guys u-turning the nerds.

I’m interested in knowing the backstory on why Kaylynn and Haley both moved out on their own at the ages of 15 and 16. Their bio doesn’t say but maybe their interviews will reveal it if they hang around long enough.

I’m kind of annoyed at Will and James starting this alliance and creating drama where there was none. I don’t particularly care for Team Tinder but they also seem harmless and I’m not aware they did anything to deserve the attack, at least not on camera. Despite winning the last 2 legs, I think Will and James are one of the weakest teams that will surely implode when faced with a tough challenge.

Aside from that, it’s a rare season where I like most of the teams. I think Gary and DeAngelo are my current favorite.

On 11/4/2020 at 10:07 PM, wild_turkey said:

I’m interested in knowing the backstory on why Kaylynn and Haley both moved out on their own at the ages of 15 and 16. Their bio doesn’t say but maybe their interviews will reveal it if they hang around long enough.

I’m kind of annoyed at Will and James starting this alliance and creating drama where there was none. I don’t particularly care for Team Tinder but they also seem harmless and I’m not aware they did anything to deserve the attack, at least not on camera. Despite winning the last 2 legs, I think Will and James are one of the weakest teams that will surely implode when faced with a tough challenge.

Aside from that, it’s a rare season where I like most of the teams. I think Gary and DeAngelo are my current favorite.

I'm forgetting exactly what they did, but they helped one of the other teams I believe.  So they saw that as a threat for some reason.  I guess they saw a possible alliance forming and they thought they'd preemptively break it up.  Really bad decision since it did nothing but put a target on their back.  When they do implode, I hope it's the fault of the shorter guy with dark hair.  I like the tall guy, but not enough to make up for his partner.  

My DVR didn't record last night because it thought it already had last week when CBS changed their mind.  Luckily I caught it 15-minutes into the episode.  I cannot imagine driving around for hours and hours, trying to find a destination that is 10 minutes away.  I think at some point, you have to pay for a cab to lead you there, assuming you have the money for it.  At least it allowed the blondies to survive.  

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

My DVR didn't record last night because it thought it already had last week when CBS changed their mind.  Luckily I caught it 15-minutes into the episode.  I cannot imagine driving around for hours and hours, trying to find a destination that is 10 minutes away.  I think at some point, you have to pay for a cab to lead you there, assuming you have the money for it.  At least it allowed the blondies to survive.  

Yeah I just happened to notice at like 705 that the red record light wasn't on so watched it live.  Glad the blondes survived as well.  Hopefully the nerds can leave soon.  

53 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

I think you get penalized for catching a cab when you are supposed to drive (since the directions apparently said you must drive).  

I really enjoyed the roadblocks/challenges this episode.  Was prepared to LMAO if DeAngelo/Gary lost a pie in the barrage in the tent - pie security!!

I was thinking they could hire a cab to lead them there, but still drive their own vehicle.  Is that allowed?

4 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Yeah I just happened to notice at like 705 that the red record light wasn't on so watched it live.  Glad the blondes survived as well.  Hopefully the nerds can leave soon.  

I'm on Team Nerd as far as their feud with Will and James goes, but I don't like them as much as I thought I would.   

thought the carnival games were going to be tough, especially the three balls in a row.  What was weird, was some struggled with it, then all of a sudden they'd say something like "oh yeah, just lean forward" and then nailed all three in a row. Of course could be editing.

Six and a half fucking hours.

Maybe WORST.LEG.EVER by a team? I’m sure there’s been a “needle in a haystack” task that lasted forever, but those can be a really f’ed up, unlucky experience. 

This was simply driving to an incredibly well-known area of Paris, smack dab in the 12th, then asking someone where the damned carnival museum was located. 6 1/2 hours?!? I can’t imagine how pissed the TAR photog must have been. Perhaps the show has forbidden the “hire a cabbie we can follow” concept used many times before, or they were too stupid or cheap to do it.

I actually liked the Cajians, but if there was ever a team that deserved to get the boot, they were.