Who Are The Best High School Football Players You Have Seen Personally?

Vic Mackey

Not limited to Texas high school since we have people from all over and it would be cool to see who they have seen.

For me:

Cedric Benson, Chase Daniel, Kyler Murray, Matthew Stafford, DaBryan Blanton, Aaron Harris, Graham Harrell, Jonathan Gray, Tarrell Brown, Jaxon Shipley, Myles Garrett, Rex Burkhead

I know there are more but those who come to mind off the top. 

If Jerrell Wilkerson was from Houston or Dallas instead of SA he would have been a high 4 star (also needed to invest in condoms). That guy was a terror against full box defenses. 

James Battle, Denton Ryan QB in 2001. I was on the SV team he beat for the state title that year. 

Jerrod Heard 

Probably Marcel Moses. I've seen a lot of players who went on to have better careers, but I've never seen a kid dominate the line of scrimmage in a high school game like that. Ton of talent on that 1997 Stingarees team, but this sophomore definitely stood out on the day I watched them. Was committed to Texas but couldn't qualify as I remember.

https://247sports.com/player/marcel-moses-72952/

Marcus Wright, SA Reagan RB. Guy was fucking unreal.

Mishak Rivas, Weslaco RB. Same class as Wright, also unstoppable. I think he had one game of like 430 yards on just 18 carries. 

Mingo Rincon, Harlingen DE. He was 5-8 about 220. Freak athlete, best defensive player in our history imo. Had 3.5 sacks against Westlake in 2009 playoff game, when Westlake had given up just 8 sacks all year I think. Leaped clear over a standing Westlake RB on a play to apply pressure. Might’ve done it on another play too. Still one of the most amazing things I’ve ever seen. Poor guy never had the grades or size to play anywhere in college

Eugene Seale. Besides being a beast at football he threw the shot put, discus and ran the 100 yard dash in track. Usually placed in all three 

Robert Strait. Carried the ball 54 of 56 plays against us. The other two were Fumbled snaps. He also kicked off with nearly every kick sailing out of the end zone. He won district in five events...the 100, HJ, LJ, SP, and anchored the 4x100.

Bombed out at Baylor and went to prison for dealing crack.
  • Like 1

If Jerrell Wilkerson was from Houston or Dallas instead of SA he would have been a high 4 star (also needed to invest in condoms). That guy was a terror against full box defenses. 
James Battle, Denton Ryan QB in 2001. I was on the SV team he beat for the state title that year. 
Jerrod Heard 

Fellow SV alumnus here, albeit from 91. Trevon Moerhig was a blast to watch in HS. Seemed to score every time he touched the ball whether on Offense, Defense or Special teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, futureman said:

Stafford.  I called him as #1 overall pick before Kiper did.  I have an amazing eye for talent. 

pssshhhhh I called that one WAY before you did.

Anyways in addition to Stafford:

Played against:

Broderic Jones 
Vincent Marshall
Larry Dibbles
Kevin Kolb

Saw:

Robert Griffin III
Jonathan Gray
Jalen Preston
Andy Crosland

Coached:

Nick Rose

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, kwood4408 said:

Fellow SV alumnus here, albeit from 91. Trevon Moerhig was a blast to watch in HS. Seemed to score every time he touched the ball whether on Offense, Defense or Special teams.

Absolutely, loved watching him ball. Patterson got a steal.

Since we are up here in Pennsylvania of course mine will be Pittsburgh-centric.

Danny Marino, my cousin was his high school tight end and they roomed together at Pitt, My cousin played a couple of years at Pitt until an injury ended his college career.

Billy Fralic, as a sophomore Fralic's Penn Hills team played Danny, and my cousin's Central Catholic team in the WPIAL playoffs at Valley High School. Fralic, then a sophomore, told the Central linemen that if they did not try too hard he would not have to hurt them.

Lavar Arrington, I hated that he went to Crappy Valley to play at State Pen but, at North Hills H.S. he was unreal.

Brian Davis, was the closest thing we ever had at Pitt that we could say he was the next Dorsett. Brian was amazing, but he couldn't find the classroom once he got to campus.

Terrelle Pryor, in Class-AA ball I think his senior season Pryor was tackled once in 14 or 15 games.

Aaron Donald, he was unstoppable in high school at Penn Hills, and he's been unstoppable ever since.

Nobody from my high school team, Go Bucs!, made the top-six. I have many more on my list but I kept it to the top-6

• Hook 'Em 1

Absolutely, loved watching him ball. Patterson got a steal.

Patterson sure did, I was surprised we didn’t go after him harder. I dated his Aunt in HS and his mom and my sister went to SV together so have known about him for a long time. He was the best player on the field in every game including against Steele with Caden Sterns. Made Tommy Bush (WR at UGA) from Clemens look like a JV player. If he would have played at a “powerhouse” program he would have been a 5 star.

1 hour ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Cedric Benson was one of the best HS athletes I've ever seen. He also turned out to be a pretty great college and pro, but as far as dominant highschool players, it's gotta be Ced for my money on who I have personally seen. Maybe Kyler Murray is #2.

This is the correct answer to those who saw him - He had the best lean I've ever seen in a running back. He looked like he was running w/ his pads about 2 feet off the ground.. always forward. Being from West Texas, I loved to watch him run.. 

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Robert Strait. Carried the ball 54 of 56 plays against us. The other two were Fumbled snaps. He also kicked off with nearly every kick sailing out of the end zone. He won district in five events...the 100, HJ, LJ, SP, and anchored the 4x100.

Bombed out at Baylor and went to prison for dealing crack.

Didn't he gain shit load of weight at Baylor, which really slowed him down?  Also for some reason I want to say they wanted him to play fullback.