2020 NBA Offseason Thread (Abbreviated) -- Draft, Free Agency, Trades, etc

Patrick Bateman

Imma throw my predictions out for the season. Let's see what ya'll have. It'll be fun to circle back in 6 months.

NBA Finals: Lakers def. Bucks
MVP: Luka
DPOY: Giannis
ROTY: Cole Anthony
Scoring Leader: Devin Booker. I couldn't decide between KD or Book, but injury issues and the fact that a bunch of ya'll will pick him pushed me to Booker.

For each conference, one 2020 playoff team that won't make it this year and one opposite (didn't make, will make)

East: Orlando out, Washington in
West: OKC out, Phoenix in

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Imma throw my predictions out for the season. Let's see what ya'll have. It'll be fun to circle back in 6 months.

Scoring Leader: Devin Booker. I couldn't decide between KD or Book, but injury issues and the fact that a bunch of ya'll will pick him pushed me to Booker.

For each conference, one 2020 playoff team that won't make it this year and one opposite (didn't make, will make)

I'll play. I don't  think Anthony gets enough minutes for ROTY and I don't think Dallas has enough team success for Luka to get MVP.

Finals: Lakers def Nets

MVP: AD

DPOY: Gobert

ROTY: Anthony Edwards

Scoring leader: Murray

East: Indiana out, Hawks in

West: Portland out, Warriors in

2 hours ago, BradInATX said:

Finals: Lakers def. Bucks

MVP: Luka

DPOY: Brow

ROTY: Lamelo, just don’t see anyone else having enough usage.

Scoring Leader: Trae Young

Agree with your playoff in and out teams

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Kermit said:

This guy’s latest video dropped. He’s going over the greatest peaks in NBA history. This shit is like cocaine. Goddamn Magic was amazing.

He didn't even really go into how strategically, especially when he took over alpha dog from Kareem, he controlled the entire game offensively.  Whether he was leading the break (something they did less and less in the late 80's/90's), ran the PNR, or he simply operated out of the block, he manipulated every fucking defensive player and almost always made the right play (hence those offensive efficiency numbers referenced).  It was crazy. 

Magic just said, "I'll go in the post and move you guys around like chess pieces, oh you'll double me on the ball from the entry pass?  Scott, reposition and I'll hit you for an open 20 footer.  Want offside double?  Could, I'll spin out and face and then go cross court to wide open 3 or cutter to the baseline?  Oh, you want to sag and cut off the cutter, cool, I'll hit side arc for a wide open jumper from 18.  Oh, you want to come at me from up top, cool, I'll spin baseline and get a 3 or or a cutter coming from offside baseline".  It was wizardry.  Smartest fucking player I've ever seen.  Bird comes in probably 2nd.

• Hook 'Em 2