Who on here does not have a degree from UT Austin?

On 10/15/2020 at 6:04 PM, ztejas said:

Does dropping out midway through my first semester at UT Dallas count?

csb - back when I worked for an IBM business partner, there was an IBM'er that everyone said was gonna be the next CEO of IBM.  Young guy but not too young, looks good in a suit (NTTAWWT), tall, well spoken, typically gregarious.  Sales guy of course. We're at a company golf outing and he's there and I see that he has Longhorn headcovers.  So of course, I go over, tell him I'm a Longhorn too, ask him when he was there, if he'd been back to Austin lately, all that stuff you do when you see a fellow Horn.  He basically gives me the silent treatment, mumbles a couple of responses.  I think, whatever dick, you think you're better than me, piss off.  FF a couple weeks he comes across my LinkedIn feed and his degree is from UT-D.

There’s a good chance after five moves, it may have expired.  But take solace in the fact that you could still get library checkout privileges.  But you gotta really know somebody to have access to the periodicals.  

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Got my degree in 3 years and got out before I turned 21.  Why? Because I'm a fucking idiot. 

Ya big dummy.

I, on the other hand, went to law school, which almost ruined it all for me.  I sometimes wonder if an engineering graduate degree would have been a better move.  Only a year or two and no law students.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Ya big dummy.

I, on the other hand, went to law school, which almost ruined it all for me.  I sometimes wonder if an engineering graduate degree would have been a better move.  Only a year or two and no law students.

I’d have gone to law school there if not for the baseball team. Long story again related to me being a dumbass. At least I didn’t miss the national title I was convinced was gonna happen in 2001. 

Couple degrees -five years, 2 summers. Shoulda spaced that out a couple of more years, especially knowing how fucking cheap it was in the early 90's. Fucked up by listening to responsible people who encouraged "graduation" and "getting a job". Fuck you parents.

Edited by Blotto
  • Haha 1

That is actually quite humorous, the degree from Baylor.  I wonder how many of those 50 have been rescinded.  

Fun bar trivia---no institution in the UT System gives out honorary degrees.  But that doesn't mean none of them ever did.  For a ride in a slightly used Corvette and a decent handjob---who can tell us the last honorary degree granted by a UT System university?  (hint, the school was not a part of UT System at the time) 

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

That is actually quite humorous, the degree from Baylor.  I wonder how many of those 50 have been rescinded.  

Fun bar trivia---no institution in the UT System gives out honorary degrees.  But that doesn't mean none of them ever did.  For a ride in a slightly used Corvette and a decent handjob---who can tell us the last honorary degree granted by a UT System university?  (hint, the school was not a part of UT System at the time) 

UT Rio Grand Valley to Lou Diamond Philips

On 10/19/2020 at 12:53 PM, Lobo said:

I got a parking permit this year.  Is that anything?  Of course there’s no cars on campus so may not be as cool as i thought.  

It use to be known as a “Hunting” permit not parking.

Edited by Horn80
  • Haha 1