Who on here does not have a degree from UT Austin?

On 10/20/2020 at 10:27 PM, PhillyD said:

I have a degree from UT.  I don't know about anyone else, but I'm pretty embarrassed that one of the worst posters on this site (I'm looking at you OP) has one too.

I don't have a UT degree, so that should make you feel a little better.  

Dean:  "Army Brat has no grade point average.  All courses...incomplete."  

It's weird because statistically speaking, I should have a couple of pledge brothers on this website.  Nobody else here was a Lambda in the late 90's?  

• 6 months later...
On 10/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, BearSchlong said:

I was such a mess coming out of high school that my family had to money whip Baylor into taking me. I don't remember if I applied to Texas.

Hey, a hundred bucks was probably a lot of money in Waco back then.

Don't be ashamed.

😉

Good morning- I do not have a degree from UT, but my oldest is enrolled and will be studying Business this fall. We couldn’t be more proud of her. (No. Don’t even think about it)
I’ll be one of those with the “My Daughter and my money go to the University of Texas” bumper sticker. 😁

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Good morning- I do not have a degree from UT, but my oldest is enrolled and will be studying Business this fall. We couldn’t be more proud of her. (No. Don’t even think about it)
I’ll be one of those with the “My Daughter and my money go to the University of Texas” bumper sticker. 😁

She could just become a sugar baby and then pay for it herself.

• Like 2

Guest Lobo
8 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

Congratulations.  What's she studying at McCombs?  

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

Congratulations.  What's she studying at McCombs?  

Thank you. We’re extremely proud of her and her efforts. She finished #9 in her class of 500+. Worked her ass off. 
Right now she’s undecided and needs to figure that out. She’s certainly excited to get down to campus and get settled.

20 hours ago, Ignatius said:

Undergrad (85-89) and MBA (90-92) from UT. Anyone who wants to talk about how shitty football was in their undergrad days can kiss my ass; we were 0-8 against aggy and OU those years….

Does Peter Gardere’s 4-0 record against OU ring a bell?

Edited by justhookit
Ah, missed the undergrad part. Yeah that was a shitty time.

On 6/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, Ignatius said:

Undergrad (85-89) and MBA (90-92) from UT. Anyone who wants to talk about how shitty football was in their undergrad days can kiss my ass; we were 0-8 against aggy and OU those years….

84-89 here, we were shitty, but we DID beat those cOcksUckers in 89, Gardere to Johnny Walker FTMFW.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

84-89 here, we were shitty, but we DID beat those cOcksUckers in 89, Gardere to Johnny Walker FTMFW.

We did beat OU sporadically in that era. which was more than made up for by losing to aggy.

Losing to aggy is just the worst.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Guest Lobo

Only did 5 semesters of undergrad at UT, I don't read or maths so good. 5th semester was an Autumn one so three years:  2-1 versus Oklahoma, 2-1 versus A&M, but 1-3 in the postseason.  Grad school didn't fare that well for football, 0-2 versus Oklahoma, 2-0 versus A&M, and split 1-1 in bowls.  

2 basketball seasons during undergrad, 1 Sweet 16, one DNQ.  Grad school was 1 Sweet 16, one loss in 1st round. 

2 baseball seasons during undergrad.  Didn't qualify for big tournament in either year.  I think we made the conference tourney 1 of the 2 years.  Ugly shit.  But grad school seasons were awesome.  Runner-up to CSU-Fullerton in 2004 and won it all again in 2005.  

I think somewhere in there, I had some classes.  

No, it was SWTSU 85-90, and actually graduated. 

But I got to watch Earl Campbell run the ball live, sold sodas in the late 70's and early 80's, and have always been a fan.  csb/ warning, was tackled by Ricky Churchman at a pickup football game (not at the stadium) and young Al immediately learned that tackle football was not in his future.  Somewhere along the way young Al forgot the pain of the Churchman tackle and spent a few Sundays getting steamed rolled by Scott Bednarski playing pickup games on the old turf back when Memorial Stadium was open on Sundays. csb/

Ex-spouse and oldest child both have their Bachelors and Masters from UT, all degrees paid in full.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t understand that. I kinda understand why OU inverts their letters, because UO is difficult to say. But it’s safe to say you’re surrounded by retards. 

Much of the old Big 8 and programs in the midwest and plains states did this. OU, KU, CU, MU, NU, etc. My speculation is that they were created after some of the legacy programs out east and the west coast and adopted this to differentiate themselves from those programs. TU adopted it similar to programs in the area and since UT was already associated with Texas and Tennessee.

Edited by 'stache

8 hours ago, UTCzech III said:

I graduated in may of ‘89 and took a year off before grad school so my undergrad record remains ‘perfect’. My first year of grad school was the WIT year, which was awesome when the calendar said 1990, but within 12 hours of it flipping to 1991 became decidedly un-awesome. I also went to Little Rock in 1991 and (against my will) got into a fistfight in the parking lot with some cousin-fucker who was 75 if he was a day old….

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

Much of the old Big 8 and programs in the midwest and plains states did this. OU, KU, CU, MU, NU, etc. My speculation is that they were created after some of the legacy programs out east and the west coast and adopted this to differentiate themselves from those programs. TU adopted it similar to programs in the area and since UT was already associated with Texas and Tennessee.

I keep reading this explanation but the differentiation thing makes no sense.  There was no "UN" in the United States when University of Nebraska came along.  Nobody was confusing those dipshits with University of North Carolina "UNC" or University of New Hampshire "UNH".  Missouri, I guess gets a pass for all the "M" states before them like Michigan and Maine and Maryland.  Colorado should be UC because it came before California and everybody else calls it UCONN.  KU makes sense because Kentucky.  But the head scratcher is the University of Oklahoma.  There is no University of Ohio.  I guess Oregon beat Oklahoma to statehood and higher education.  OU just always made the least amount of sense to me.  Lots of sooner fans point to I.U.  Which is futile because the school's official name is the Indiana University.  Same with West Virginia University.  And Ohio University (in Lima).  Anyway, fuck the Sooners.  

NO matter what though, they're all chapters of my brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda

On 5/31/2021 at 8:59 AM, NTVTXN said:

On 5/31/2021 at 2:08 PM, txhorns said:

She could just become a sugar baby and then pay for it herself.

I'm starting on another degree next January, assuming the stars align with kids and school, and wife and work.  Little mid-life crisis, little bucket list kind of thing.

While your daughter will have already had a semester there come January, I could show her around campus.  I'm sure that not much has changed in the past 20 or so years.

I graduated in ‘00 from TCU. I loved my time there. I am a lifelong Horn - both sides of family are grads. All of Austin Westlake was going to UT. I was accepted to UT in the Fall of ‘95, but in May ‘96, I decided to change to TCU. 
A lot of kids from Westlake and Austin High attended together, and from ‘96-‘00, TCU athletics ranged from moribund to average. Never stopped rooting for Horns. 

No one cares Rex.
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 6/9/2021 at 9:10 PM, Lobo said:

I keep reading this explanation but the differentiation thing makes no sense.  There was no "UN" in the United States when University of Nebraska came along.  Nobody was confusing those dipshits with University of North Carolina "UNC" or University of New Hampshire "UNH".  Missouri, I guess gets a pass for all the "M" states before them like Michigan and Maine and Maryland.  Colorado should be UC because it came before California and everybody else calls it UCONN.  KU makes sense because Kentucky.  But the head scratcher is the University of Oklahoma.  There is no University of Ohio.  I guess Oregon beat Oklahoma to statehood and higher education.  OU just always made the least amount of sense to me.  Lots of sooner fans point to I.U.  Which is futile because the school's official name is the Indiana University.  Same with West Virginia University.  And Ohio University (in Lima).  Anyway, fuck the Sooners.  

NO matter what though, they're all chapters of my brothers of Lambda Lambda Lambda

OU made it “OU” to facilitate the “sucks” meme.