Kitchen sink plumbing help!

So we have an island kitchen sink, we replaced the top and the sink itself, which was a smaller basin sink. So when the people who did the refurb did the plumbing they did a loop vent that was behind the sink basin.

Now is my problem, the newer deeper/wider sink basins blocked the loop vent so they cut it for the time being. I need to complete the loop again and I have 2 thoughts.

1. Can I use the flexible piping to complete the loop to the outside of the sink? It’s only the loop vent, not carrying any water etc.

2. Do I need to maintain using rigid pipe and use like 22.5degree elbows to get the completed loop behind the sink...

Obviously I’d like to save effort and stress by using a flex pipe to complete the loop vent but I just don’t know if that’s considered unsafe or unwise etc.

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

So we have an island kitchen sink, we replaced the top and the sink itself, which was a smaller basin sink. So when the people who did the refurb did the plumbing they did a loop vent that was behind the sink basin.

Now is my problem, the newer deeper/wider sink basins blocked the loop vent so they cut it for the time being. I need to complete the loop again and I have 2 thoughts.

1. Can I use the flexible piping to complete the loop to the outside of the sink? It’s only the loop vent, not carrying any water etc.

2. Do I need to maintain using rigid pipe and use like 22.5degree elbows to get the completed loop behind the sink...

Obviously I’d like to save effort and stress by using a flex pipe to complete the loop vent but I just don’t know if that’s considered unsafe or unwise etc.

PM @Rumblefishstix from what I recall.

• 4 weeks later...

It basically looks like this:
fa3e6732aa1315fdded1f3c912b04788.jpg

Except I was having problems fitting the “loop” behind the sink on my island because of the new biggie sink we installed. I originally was asking if I could put a 22degree angle towards the top to clear the sink but after fighting with everything I was able to get it behind it.

It’ll pass inspection because it has previously but I think the AAV method is preferred these days on island sinks but my house is a 1940s house that has the kitchen redone 16 years ago

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

It basically looks like this:
fa3e6732aa1315fdded1f3c912b04788.jpg

Except I was having problems fitting the “loop” behind the sink on my island because of the new biggie sink we installed. I originally was asking if I could put a 22degree angle towards the top to clear the sink but after fighting with everything I was able to get it behind it.

It’ll pass inspection because it has previously but I think the AAV method is preferred these days on island sinks but my house is a 1940s house that has the kitchen redone 16 years ago

Yes, that looks solid.  I was thinking in the context of the two pdf’s above.