OK deadbeats, time to stop with the alligator arms. Support surly

Sbbruin

You cheap ass fuckers weren't already subscribing?

When I go through all the $$ that I shell out monthly, seeing this recurring subscription seems like a bargain.

Alternate answer:

You want me to pay money to a place that has cost me $500K in lost productivity in the last decade? Sign me up!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Go full Twitch.

- Special sub emotes
- Avatar badge denoting how many months subscribed
- Sub-only forum

So the Discord is Sub-Only and the gameday experience there is really a lot better than having to F5 all the time. It updates in realtime and you can use it more like chat if you like or just post on the site and watch replies in the discord. I also stream all the games in discord if anyone shows up.

Rep is completely unlocked for subs, unlimited daily rep

Editing your posts is completely unlocked for subs, unlimited time can pass and you can still edit your own posts.

100GB of storage in attachments or just if you want to use our encrypted storage also comes with it (which is competitive with any cloud drive) 

There's actually a lot of cool shit that comes with the sub and I have highlighted it various different places, but maybe people just don't realize it.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, immamac said:

So the Discord is Sub-Only and the gameday experience there is really a lot better than having to F5 all the time. It updates in realtime and you can use it more like chat if you like or just post on the site and watch replies in the discord. I also stream all the games in discord if anyone shows up.

Editing your posts is completely unlocked for subs, unlimited time can pass and you can still edit your own posts.

100GB of storage in attachments or just if you want to use our encrypted storage also comes with it (which is competitive with any cloud drive) 

There's actually a lot of cool shit that comes with the sub and I have highlighted it various different places, but maybe people just don't realize it.

But if I join your discord channel you'll see my gamer name. Deezmassivenutz.

6 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Donated today, would donate more if you could open a thread up where you get 10¢ per line to throw every name imaginable at the CR dipshits, and 5¢ a line if they come out of their CR cage to stink up a thread (a la EOT).  Hell I might even pay a buck a line for that.  I might personally make Surly a Fortune 500 company if we had that donate-a-thon.  Just once, just once, c'mon.  Once...

you could just go do that for free

Ok from the other thread, I’m one of only three passionate newsletter subscribers? I upped it today to sep treefiddy. There’s a bunch of us that needed to do that.

i realized I wasn’t paying anything but getting all my news from this website during Covid. I changed my ways. If a Bruin can do it y’all can too. 

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Had no idea about this. Would have subbed much sooner. I did try awhile back and kept having issues with my payment. Just forgot about it. 

8 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Donated today, would donate more if you could open a thread up where you get 10¢ per line to throw every name imaginable at the CR dipshits, and 5¢ a line if they come out of their CR cage to stink up a thread (a la EOT).  Hell I might even pay a buck a line for that.  I might personally make Surly a Fortune 500 company if we had that donate-a-thon.  Just once, just once, c'mon.  Once...

Oh, and I'll stand by this for eternity... anyone who posts primarily (or only) in CR is a worthless piece of garbage with no redeeming social value except eventually fertilizing whatever plot of land they're buried in, or sprinkled on, or whatnot.  There.  Deal with it.

I'll donate if you'll shut the fuck up

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

A'ight, I went to the link to get a year's subscription. I was happy to do it. I wanted to use my Paypal balance.

What happened was, Paypal says I got to link up my actual fucking bank checking account so a robot can access my actual fucking bank checking account once a year. This is not going to happen.

If I overlooked some way that I can pay using my Paypal balance, once a year, when I press the button, I am all ears.

It’s normal PayPal for me. I’ve never  linked anything here (or anywhere else) to my bank account.

other than that I’m no help.

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

no, I think the 9.95 group didn't get certifiably surly thats why you didn't notice. fixing that now.

I don’t do enough of that to notice. But if im now your only sep member can I make a request? All @closetojumpingposts need to be all caps and directed @SydneyCarton

Edited by justhookit

7 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'll donate if you'll shut the fuck up

Then don't donate.  Eat shit back at ya.  Or maybe I'll donate again if you stop posting.

8 hours ago, Celery Man said:

you could just go do that for free

Yeah but then that would be like one of them.. wasting your life for absolutely nothing and helping nobody.  At least there would be incentive.

I had tried early on to "subscribe" and chose paypal credit because I was familiar with it.  For some reason it didn't take my card and I just figured it was a temporary glitch.

So, this reminded me to go try again, and it still wouldn't work for me (also still had the address and email fields filled from two years ago or whatever, so maybe the glitch is there).

Anyway, changed over to Stripe, since I have used that in the past now, and it went right through.

tl;dr explaining my niggardliness and sort of a PSA.

7 hours ago, justhookit said:

It’s normal PayPal for me. I’ve never  linked anything here (or anywhere else) to my bank account.

other than that I’m no help.

I don't use paypal very much anymore, but I didn't think you could have a paypal without bank account info.  Linking a CC is optional, IIRC, as a payment form, but some debit-credit account I thought was necessary.

16 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

I get a lot more than 3.50 out of this place. I'll piss that much away on breakfast any given morning. A whole month of this buncha assholes?

I'd call that a bargain. 

The best I ever had.  Pete Townshend

And happy to sign on with all of the proceeds I have gained by doing the opposite of what is suggested in the Stonks thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, phdhorn said:

Oh, and I'll stand by this for eternity... anyone who posts primarily (or only) in CR is a worthless piece of garbage with no redeeming social value except eventually fertilizing whatever plot of land they're buried in, or sprinkled on, or whatnot.  There.  Deal with it.

Yeah, true. I resemble that remark. ben carson page GIF

I did an annual sub and stripe option means pay with credit card for other clueless olds. 

16 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

A'ight, I went to the link to get a year's subscription. I was happy to do it. I wanted to use my Paypal balance.

What happened was, Paypal says I got to link up my actual fucking bank checking account so a robot can access my actual fucking bank checking account once a year. This is not going to happen.

If I overlooked some way that I can pay using my Paypal balance, once a year, when I press the button, I am all ears.

Yeah I opened a free Credit Union kids savings account that had a $10 min balance just to get around that stupid shit.