Are we there yet?

MrPhlegm

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

You have to copy the direct image link. Right click and hit "copy image address".

JtgzeHz.jpg

I'm on a mac. There is no right click. I'm hitting "Insert other media" in the lower right,  clicking "insert image from URL," pasting the url and it turns red when I hit "insert into post"

Fuck this. I'm going back to the old site. Too complicated for me.

9 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm on a mac. There is no right click. I'm hitting "Insert other media" in the lower right,  clicking "insert image from URL," pasting the url and it turns red when I hit "insert into post"

Fuck this. I'm going back to the old site. Too complicated for me.

My Mac has right click.  Try alt click.  How the fuck can anyone get through life without right click?

Just now, Randolph Duke said:

https://imgur.com/a/i7EaA

https://imgur.com/VxvQCrp

I have a setting fucked up somehow. The site let me post a pic earlier. Now when I try to post in as a url from the "insert other media" function in the lower right, the url box turns red when I hit "insert into post."

Those aren’t links to the direct image.  They’re links to the image on imgur.

3 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Those aren’t links to the direct image.  They’re links to the image on imgur.

I'm taking the images off my hard drive and getting the URL from imgur. The alternative is to drag and drop from my hard drive.

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

I'm taking the images off my hard drive and getting the URL from imgur. The alternative is to drag and drop from my hard drive.

VxvQCrp.jpg

VxvQCrp.jpg

Right click on it.  Select "copy image address".  Paste it into your post.

What you're doing is like pasting a link to a site that has a picture on it...not pasting the actual picture.  If you have the URL for just the picture, this site will automatically recognize it and show it in the body.

15 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Right click on it.  Select "copy image address".  Paste it into your post.

What you're doing is like pasting a link to a site that has a picture on it...not pasting the actual picture.  If you have the URL for just the picture, this site will automatically recognize it and show it in the body.

Except with the gifv on imgur. Couple of extra steps involved with those. First you right click and open video in new window/tab, then copy url, when you paste it in the insert media, remove the v from the end.