Kamala Harris 2020

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

I mean, look at this pathetic shit from Republicans. 

Maya Harris has lupus. Dumbfuck. 

But I have to admit I laughed at "DEVELOPING". Can't wait for your longform article and investigation, Paul. 

That is fucking unbelievable. I literally just laughed out loud in my empty fucking office. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

But I have to admit I laughed at "DEVELOPING". Can't wait for your longform article and investigation, Paul. 

There's going to be a shitload more of "is that all they have?".

12 more weeks of this weak shit.

Actually that kind of hammers home brisket's fears. If this is what they've got the chances they'll direct most of their efforts towards suppression and theft are 100%.

We need to pretend these attacks are devastating. Gin up some polls showing Trump gaining ground all over the place so maybe they get complacent. That and figuring out safe ways to drive massive numbers of people to early voting locations.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, softlynow said:

We need to pretend these attacks are devastating.

We need to pretend we are going to rip off their heads and shit down their necks when they lose.

And when they lose we need to skull fuck them.

(Okay, that's it really.  No more negativity.  I'm in a good mood.  I got a report on my BMI today during a checkup and if I grow a couple of inches in height I won't be obese any more.) 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

It definitely does matter if non-Republicans are gullible enough to show concern over it. 

I get your incessant need to make personal arguments and fights out of this shit, but there is a point at which an attack works if you've earned the skepticism, which Kamala has. Given her mockery of anti-prison activists, her disgusting dishonesty in her interview with Ady Barkan, her cynical hypocrisy regarding busing, and so much else, I don't trust Kamala because she has given me reason to not trust her.

The best spin is "it was a joke", but jokes have root conceits as their setup and the teller of the joke matters, too.

I'm looking at yet another placid leader of a blood-drenched empire who will happily oversee international death and intranational poverty and immiseration.

• Hook 'Em 1

Kamala has the hype machine behind her which hopefully benefits Biden in his effort to beat Trump.  My only beef with Harris is I still don’t know who she is other than a savvy career politician that is super flexible on issues big and small, depending on which way the wind ($$) is blowing. Some might see that as an advantage because it makes her a moving target impossible to pin down but it doesn’t help her in the credibility department, most people no longer give a shit about that sadly in the Trump Era. 

You can’t exactly call her a tough on crime cop and a progressive movement leader at the same time. There were plenty of VP choices worse and less strategic than Harris. The last minute Susan Rice head fake made this point well. I also see the value of picking a Black woman at this moment in history. It sends a good public message to bring diversity to the ticket. I can appreciate this and also believe KH wasn’t a good pick if we’re talking about Harris being the future of the Democratic Party leadership down the road or a good faith governing partner in the Biden Administration, I hope to be proven wrong on this.

Biden wasn’t a great pick for Obama in this department either, but here we are counting on him to dethrone Mango Mussolini. I hope Kamala Harris serves Biden and the country well because there is no other path forward.

Yesterday was the first time I felt like Trump was going to win again and maybe that sense of urgency is needed. I expect the media coverage of this race to be handled as poorly as imaginable from here on out.  It will not be about pushing hard AF for a healthcare public option or eliminating student loan debt. The needed big ideas have left the building. It’s going to be about hollow platitudes, sound bytes, gotcha moments, and gaffes, just how our overlords want it. So yeehaw and yaaas kween, let’s get this job done so maybe the kids have a piece of democracy left worth fight for. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Did he worry this much about John McCain's eligibility, which was actually questionable? 

No. These dumb citizenship "questions" never even try to hide their racist intent.  It isn't even about her being a Dem.  Its entirely racist.  Had she been born to Scandinavian parents here on student visas, you wouldn't see a word written about it.  Same with Obama. 

Maybe her mom had a C section too so we can question "natural born."

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trump and the GOP are such an embarrassment. 

The laziness of it all is the most embarrassing.  We’ve gone from well manufactured narratives like lock her up, Benghazi, private email servers to “She’s just a stupid face meany.”   SAD! 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Looks like some people here still haven't accepted that the D primary is over and we are now in a general election vs. Trump and the GOP. 

If you consider yourself part of a campaign against Donald Trump, how good of a job do you think you're doing winning potential voters?

It’s not lazy as much as they just don’t have anything that  will stick and they know it. I got this in some Trump email this morning:

They are WEAK on crime and want to see our cities burn, unlike President Trump and Vice President Pence who are working tirelessly to restore LAW AND ORDER.

It's going to be up to Patriots like YOU to save our Nation from that dark fate, Friend. Election Day is right around the corner, and now that we know what we're up against, I'm going to do something HUGE:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If you consider yourself part of a campaign against Donald Trump, how good of a job do you think you're doing winning potential voters?

If you considered yourself part of a campaign for Bernie Sanders, how good of a job do you think you did winning potential voters on here? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

If you considered yourself part of a campaign for Bernie Sanders, how good of a job do you think you did winning potential voters on here? 

This is a conversation I had over and over and over again here: My goal here was never to win votes for Sanders. What is said and done here does not matter at all.

I did plenty of proselytizing IRL and was fairly successful there. My participation here, like yours, is essentially combat. I don't pretend otherwise, unlike what you are doing now with your trolling pseudo-pragmatism.

I've answered your question, now answer mine: 

Edited by bad_teammate

Just now, bad_teammate said:

I've answered your question, now answer mine: 

Here's my answer: I don't care about trying to win over "potential" voters like you on this message board. I'm calling your bluff. You are going to vote for Joe Biden. 

You're a shitposter, not a monster. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Here's my answer: I don't care about trying to win over "potential" voters like you on this message board. I'm calling your bluff. You are going to vote for Joe Biden. 

You're a shitposter, not a monster. 

So when you said "we are now in a general election vs. Trump and the GOP" you were saying something you didn't believe in order to start an argument on the Internet? You were trolling?

I'll be very happy to vote for Joe Biden if he retracts saying he'll veto M4A.

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

So when you said "we are now in a general election vs. Trump and the GOP" you were saying something you didn't believe in order to start an argument on the Internet? You were trolling?

I'll be very happy to vote for Joe Biden if he retracts saying he'll veto M4A.

Someone started an argument on the internet? Call the police!

Joe Biden has your vote. 

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Holy shit, lol.

But they know their target audience is a bunch of morons who won't go anywhere for "information" but Fox News and conservative twitter, so they'll never know how retarded this is.

14 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Elizabeth Warren the HHS Secretary and she can get M4A.

I kinda want Warren to keep her Senate seat but also act as a senior advisor to the White House directing/influencing policy decisions throughout the cabinet.  With the separation of powers norms being shattered by Trump, I’m not sure why this wouldn’t be possible. She could help overhaul all kinds of shit without sacrificing much. 

1 hour ago, Larry T. Spider said:

It’s not lazy as much as they just don’t have anything that  will stick and they know it. I got this in some Trump email this morning:

They are WEAK on crime and want to see our cities burn, unlike President Trump and Vice President Pence who are working tirelessly to restore LAW AND ORDER.

It's going to be up to Patriots like YOU to save our Nation from that dark fate, Friend. Election Day is right around the corner, and now that we know what we're up against, I'm going to do something HUGE:

You forgot the end where they demand donations to show your fealty to the fuhrer. 

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

You forgot the end where they demand donations to show your fealty to the fuhrer. 

Ha, that was definitely there. The also act like you are on some list that dotard is personally checking to see if you donated. They are completely geared towards people who are too stupid to breathe or have gone senile.

On a side note, my wife has also been taking hydroxychloroquine because she’s a huge trumper and thinks it’s an easy way to not get covid.

JK. She also has lupus. It’s amazing how stupid the people we share a country with are.

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wait, didn't he die? Are folks still posting on his profile? 

Also, my father in law informed my wife that Kamala had a botched face lift, so you can't find recent pictures of her. I sent him her speech from today recorded on CSPAN and said she seemed fine. I don't think I'll get a response. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I kinda want Warren to keep her Senate seat but also act as a senior advisor to the White House directing/influencing policy decisions throughout the cabinet.  With the separation of powers norms being shattered by Trump, I’m not sure why this wouldn’t be possible. She could help overhaul all kinds of shit without sacrificing much. 

Yeah, this is a tough one.  You can be reasonably sure that her dropping out wouldn't affect the R/D balance in the Senate.

But until the D's get a majority, she's going to be somewhat minimized in the Senate.

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, this is a tough one.  You can be reasonably sure that her dropping out wouldn't affect the R/D balance in the Senate.

But until the D's get a majority, she's going to be somewhat minimized in the Senate.

It’s not so much about the seat. It’s about her taking a job that she could get fired/asked to resign from and end up losing the seat in the process.  With her as Senator, only the voters can fire/replace her. Hold that seat unless something like AG is on the table.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not so much about the seat. It’s about her taking a job that she could get fired, asked to resign from and end up losing the seat in the process.  With her as Senator, only the voters can fire/replace her. Hold that seat unless something like AG is on the table.

Why not just hold the seat?  Maybe position her for majority leader.  There are lots of other people who would be great at AG.  Off hand, Sally Yates, Preet Bharara, or Adam Schiff.