2020 World Series - Dodgers vs Rays

CowtownHorn

Funny thing is Keibert Ruiz was the untouchable catcher coming up.  Will Smith has the job for the next several years at least.

I’d love Keibert to take Barnes’ roster spot in the next year or two, max. Would be a ridiculous platoon to have at Catcher.
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Although admittedly I know next to nothing about the Rays’ pen.

They're good but the rays lean on them too hard.  Between them wearing down and the hitters getting multiple looks at them, they'll give up runs as the series goes on.

Cash will probably punt this game now and not use the front line guys.

Edited by WBT

Shit, I wanna change my vote.  Did not realize former Longhorn John Curtiss is on the post-season roster for the Rays and kicking ass.  I want him to get a ring.  Fuck the Dodgers, sorry.  We need some good vibes in 2020.  

Mookie should steal 2nd and 3rd just to fuck with them.

or not.

Question since that sliding glove is longer than his hand, is he safe if say he slides home and just brushes the tip of the glove across the plate?  It seems at least a couple of extra inches longer than his hand.

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, WBT said:

Charlie Steiner on Dodgers radio just said that was the first time a team had three steals in one inning in the world series since 1912.

Pos rep for anyone listening to baseball on the radio (even if it is an app)  it's the best way to consume baseball and it isn't even close

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Pos rep for anyone listening to baseball on the radio (even if it is an app)  it's the best way to consume baseball and it isn't even close

Steiner and Monday are a phenomenal radio duo.  No one comes near Vinny, but these guys are great together.

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Steiner and Monday are a phenomenal radio duo.  No one comes near Vinny, but these guys are great together.

No question. I used to be able to pick up vin on 570 at night as a kid. It was like warm mothers milk. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, pops said:

No question. I used to be able to pick up vin on 570 at night as a kid. It was like warm mothers milk. 

Vinny didn’t need a second guy.  He was color and play-by-play.  And unquestionably the greatest announcer sports has ever known.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Great start tonight. Love seeing Kershaw take care of business and our bats gave him plenty of breathing room.

Let’s get them again tomorrow. I’m 90% sure I’ll be at the game. Just trying to iron out details on tickets.

So jealous.

35 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Great start tonight. Love seeing Kershaw take care of business and our bats gave him plenty of breathing room.

Let’s get them again tomorrow. I’m 90% sure I’ll be at the game. Just trying to iron out details on tickets.

Not a Dodgers fan and would rather not see them in the WS, but I am glad to see Kershaw with the performance he had if they have to be there.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Mookie should steal 2nd and 3rd just to fuck with them.

or not.

Question since that sliding glove is longer than his hand, is he safe if say he slides home and just brushes the tip of the glove across the plate?  It seems at least a couple of extra inches longer than his hand.

Actually, I have wondered about that myself.  That mitt has always seemed like a cheat to me.