2020 World Series - Dodgers vs Rays

CowtownHorn

Snell won the game by keeping the Dodgers quiet for 5 innings.  He was unhittable for awhile.  There’s a reason he won the Cy Young.  But we are set up nicely with Ferris Buehler, Urias, and Kershaw in games 3,4, and 5.  And saved most of our key bully arms tonight (Treinen, Graterol).  But this may very well go 7.  There’s a reason the Rays were the AL’s best team.

Snell won the game by keeping the Dodgers quiet for 5 innings.  He was unhittable for awhile.

Snell pitched a great game. I thought there was a reasonable chance we lose this game given that we were using a bullpen grab bag approach, but I’m glad the offense finally came alive. I think the rest of the series sets up well for LA but it’s going to be a fight.

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Snell won the game by keeping the Dodgers quiet for 5 innings.  He was unhittable for awhile.  There’s a reason he won the Cy Young.  But we are set up nicely with Ferris Buehler, Urias, and Kershaw in games 3,4, and 5.  And saved most of our key bully arms tonight (Treinen, Graterol).  But this may very well go 7.  There’s a reason the Rays were the AL’s best team.

At some point you should consider not counting on kershaw. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

and for 2020 that is all we could ask for. I think there are few "fans" of these teams on this board, but love watching and chatting here. GF is already been informed she has to listen to game 4 on the road. Guess I am eating some that evening. 

Yeah, I don't have a dog in this hunt... 

But really want to see a fun World Series for sure -- beats some of the crap that I've seen the Horns FB team display this season.

MLB must find a way to bring in more new fans -- I'm really concerned about it's long-term future in the US right now.

I had baseball withdrawal last night. Not used to these off days. That’s so 2019.

Tonight should be a great game. Hopefully Buehler brings his best stuff but Charlie Morton has been lights out this postseason. Dodgers bats need to get to him early and not wait until the 5th inning to get a hit.

9 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

I had baseball withdrawal last night. Not used to these off days. That’s so 2019.  
Tonight should be a great game. Hopefully Buehler brings his best stuff but Charlie Morton has been lights out this postseason. Dodgers bats need to get to him early and not wait until the 5th inning to get a hit.

My sentiments too... Just couldn't watch nyg vs eagles crap last night.

Pitching match-up tonight is a great one!!

Couldn’t have asked for more offensively with Buehler on the hill. Getting Morton out of there after 4 and a third is great. Ideally we keep the pressure on and eat into their pen given that we’re playing three straight days. They won’t turn to any of their leverage arms but ideally we make them use 4+ guys through the end of the game.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Couldn’t have asked for more offensively with Buehler on the hill. Getting Morton out of there after 4 and a third is great. Ideally we keep the pressure on and eat into their pen given that we’re playing three straight days. They won’t turn to any of their leverage arms but ideally we make them use 4+ guys through the end of the game.

Yeah... Real chance for Dodgers to set themselves up for a much easier path to win this World Series.

I'm not a supporter of either team... Really hoping for a Game 7  😁

7 hours ago, HillaryFan420 said:

I think the Rays’ pen is plenty deep to last three days even if their starters only work for 4-5 innings. What will cost the Rays the series is that their lineup just isn’t that good right now.

If Rays don't turn up their offense, it will be pretty difficult for them to beat this Dodgers team...