Cowboys vs Cardinals: Week 6 MNF Edition

Vic Mackey

16 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's just an amazing phenomenon. The Cowboys have had very good QB play for almost 15 years running, and for 15 years running, a large portion of the fanbase thinks the QB is holding the team back. And football Jesus has even given the fans opportunities to see what the team is like without the good QB - the Quincy Carter years, whatever year in the 2010s the Cowboys started Brandon Weeden and Matt Cassell, and now Andy Dalton. And even with those reminders, the idiot portion of the Cowboys fanbase still thinks that an upgrade from their top 8 QB is all they need to get to the Super Bowl, ignoring obvious deficiencies all over other parts of the field.

Just about every team outside of NE/NO/PIT/GB/IND would murder their own mother to have the QB situation the Cowboys have had for the last 15 years.

We have a dumbass fanbase. In addition to that we have management who have epically mismanaged the highest pick this franchise had in 30 years. Not to mention fucking up the ridiculous lottery winning luck of finding a bona fide NFL starting QB without needing to use premium assets to get them not just once, but twice in the last 17 years. If it weren't for falling into Romo and Dak we'd be looking at 20+ years of Cleveland level futility. 

• Hook 'Em 2

He’s too much a troll to ever admit he’s wrong. He’ll say Dak wouldn’t have done any better with our line issues. And you know what?  He’s mostly right. Dak would’ve had a few turnovers to join Zeke’s, just like Dalton. Dak would’ve thrown for more yards and probably put 17 on the board by now. He still would’ve lost. 
This game isn’t on the D. It’s on the O, and even though the protection and QB play is worse, this is very reminiscent of the Falcons game. We just don’t have the QB and the D for that QB to cut through. 
Zeke is a fucking problem. Why Dak hasn’t taken him aside and chewed his ass out is beyond me.  Maybe he has. Dalton cannot do that right now (probably ever) but if I’m Dalton I’m so pissed off that Zeke threw this game away before it started. 
This team is absolute garbage. This is the worst year ever. 
31-3 is on zeek? K

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Again, just so it’s crystal fucking clear — Dak is a good QB. I just don’t think he’s elite or should get $40M+per season. That’s always been my beef with him, especially when he wouldn’t sign the 5-year offer this offseason because he wanted to be able to bust the bank again in four years. That did NOT sit well with me. Still doesn’t.

But this is a fucking tire fire right now. We’ve got holes all over the field that need addressing. And you’re still gonna tell me Earl Thomas can’t help this defense?

9eefdbab8249980a7450c67c2bc70749.gif

Pay attention to what's going on with rest of the league. Outside of Mahomes (who could've just named a number and gotten whatever he wanted) QBs aren't signing 5 year deals anymore. The industry has changed and Dak is following suit. These decisions don't take place in a vacuum. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

Just now, markstanco said:
13 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:
He’s too much a troll to ever admit he’s wrong. He’ll say Dak wouldn’t have done any better with our line issues. And you know what?  He’s mostly right. Dak would’ve had a few turnovers to join Zeke’s, just like Dalton. Dak would’ve thrown for more yards and probably put 17 on the board by now. He still would’ve lost. 
This game isn’t on the D. It’s on the O, and even though the protection and QB play is worse, this is very reminiscent of the Falcons game. We just don’t have the QB and the D for that QB to cut through. 
Zeke is a fucking problem. Why Dak hasn’t taken him aside and chewed his ass out is beyond me.  Maybe he has. Dalton cannot do that right now (probably ever) but if I’m Dalton I’m so pissed off that Zeke threw this game away before it started. 
This team is absolute garbage. This is the worst year ever. 

31-3 is on zeek? K

31-3 is on Jerry Jones.  zeke and the D part of the loser(read look at me) mentality of the team

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Again, just so it’s crystal fucking clear — Dak is a good QB. I just don’t think he’s elite or should get $40M+per season. That’s always been my beef with him, especially when he wouldn’t sign the 5-year offer this offseason because he wanted to be able to bust the bank again in four years. That did NOT sit well with me. Still doesn’t.

But this is a fucking tire fire right now. We’ve got holes all over the field that need addressing. And you’re still gonna tell me Earl Thomas can’t help this defense?

Agree. But with a team this shitty Earl Thomas might snap and murder a teammate or staff member out of pure frustration. 

7 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Can't remember when Joe Montana was 0 tds and 2 ints with a 59 qb rating.

Also, piling on with no reply@futureman

I am done entertaining this trash. Dalton has led us to 3pts and people still won't blame him. Dak leads us close to 40 every game except 1 and he gets all the blame. 

Fucking stupid.

Dalton has had time. He just sucks. Dak can overcome a bad OL and extend drives.

He hasn't had time. His pocket's been collapsed time and time again. He hasn't done as well as dak because

He's rusty
He's not as familiar as dak is with this offense
He's not as good with broken plays
The line is the worst tonight it's ever been

I don't know why we're not bootlegging more.

Fuck. You. Jerruh. There might be a reason Urban wouldn’t let Zeke be a Captain of the team of Ohio State. $ 90 million for ugly ass tattoos, a nose ring, off the field dumbass shit and poor play! He’s the straw that stirs the drink. Dak= Sam. No Sam not a lot of wins or scores. Same for Dak. Period. Fuck you, Jerruh. You will never win until u admit you can’t coach and Jimmy deserves to be in the ROF. So two choices, die or hire a GM not related to your Arky ass!

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, gsoda3 said:

He hasn't had time. His pocket's been collapsed time and time again. He hasn't done as well as dak because

He's rusty

he's not good but he's not horrible. He's had some reasonable pockets.  the issue has been the D(meaning Jerry Jones) for years.

I see dr beeper is taking that’s stupid shit.

I guarantee you Dak has this team much closer and probably trying to win this game late.

But sure let’s keep pretending QB is the issue here and not the OL and the defense is trash. Turnovers or not.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I see dr beeper is taking that’s stupid shit.

I guarantee you Dak has this team much closer and probably trying to win this game late.

But sure let’s keep pretending QB is the issue here and not the OL and the defense is trash. Turnovers or not.

Dak should just leave at this point. The PTB (powers that be) will never see that corners and safeties are important to a pass rush on a QB that enables the defense to be effective and the offense to score. It should be obvious at this point. It’s sad to watch. 

And you’re still fucking wrong. This season is proving it.

And once again you’re caught up on the damned “per year” money when that does NOT matter.

It’s the REAL(guaranteed)money. The years. That’s what matters. He’s worth getting paid more than Goff and Wentz in real money. He’s earned that. He’s proven that.

They didn’t offer him that. They also wanted him to take a 5th year when no one else is while also not paying him for that right.

You’re so caught up on his contract that you can’t bring yourself to admit just how good he is. You literally say he’s good, out the side did your mouth, then bash him over some perceived issue with his contract.

Maybe he’s not elite. There’s 3 guys that are. But he’s a top 5-7/8 QB in this league and getting better. If that doesn’t deserve him getting a true market rate deal then no one does. It’s what happens with QBs. They get paid. Then 2 years later they’re underpaid. Why does Dak get that situation as well?

You’d rather they lose a franchise and proven QB just because you don’t like that he turned down a 5 year deal that was under market value and not really a fair deal? Like really?

And people say IM a cowboys homer.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Can't remember when Joe Montana was 0 tds and 2 ints with a 59 qb rating.

Also, piling on with no reply@futureman

gallup dropped a td.  myriad other dropped balls.  zeke on the take.  officiating.  I could go on... the point is dalton played as well as an elite quarterback could play.  if dak never breaks his ankle we lose this game 38-0.  

1 minute ago, futureman said:

gallup dropped a td.  myriad other dropped balls.  zeke on the take.  officiating.  I could go on... the point is dalton played as well as an elite quarterback could play.  if dak never breaks his ankle we lose this game 38-0.  

At least you fully accept your trolling.

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Never said he wouldn’t have more than 10. At the time we had 3, I said he’d probably have 17. Which implies 24 now. I also said he has more ability to lead a comeback and would probably make it closer. But, not without throwing a pick or two and/or fumbling to exacerbate the deficit - just like Dalton. Because that’s what he does. Because he’s not as good or smart as you think he is. Way down on the list of problems, Top 10 QB, but not good enough to elevate this team past 8-8 / 9-7.

Yet, you act like he’s fucking Unitas, and INVITE responses. You want to get pissed off, because you’re emotionally invested in a Jerry Jones team while you tailgate with dudes in jorts and jerseys and bang fat cholas. You’re the epitome of a metroplex loser. 

You say that as though it's fairly typical of Dak, despite the fact that he probably has less than 5 games where he's thrown 2 or more picks in game.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Yes I was super triggered like all my other posts. It was a dumb statement comparing nfl to college. In 1991 some dumb woman for espn compared Washington to nfl teams. "They could hang with a few nfl teams" was here statement. No they couldn't.

Everytime i hear this comparison i chuckle that people really believe the 19 and 20 year olds could hang with "college all-stars" who are 10 years older.

Angry, you are.

The angry expert.

57 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

He's rusty

And he’s a washed up retread has been 

47 minutes ago, futureman said:

That was a terrible throw to Gallup who was wide open by 5+ yards.  

39 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

At least you fully accept your trolling.

It’s not trolling at this point. It’s almost a referendum on Dak. Unintentional or not. Regardless, I respect @futureman game. The real debate has nothing to do with Dak at this point. Jerruh is still trying to field an out athlete ya team from the 1990’s in the 2020 era. If Dallas fans gave a fuck. Which they don’t. They’d fly a banner similar to UT fans did with the “dump Dodds/flush the John” but they won’t. The fans are like addicted gamblers thinking this will be the big one. It will never be. 

You presume we have the coaching to overcome that?  The OL?  The off-the-bench backup with one week to develop chemistry Dak has developed over between 5 games and 3 seasons?  Belichick and NE’s D weren’t available tonite. Kellen and McCarthy were extremely limited down 14-0. Particularly when they had to bench the guy that caused it, because they couldn’t trust him. Not that the D, line, Gallup, Dalton or the officials helped at all, but Zeke lost us the game. Even if all personnel played to their utmost ability and calls went our way, without Dak, that game was lost on Zeke’s second fumble. It is so glaringly fucking obvious. 
I guess this is where we are the last quarter century. 2 turnovers is worth 31 points. I'm not blaming dak or zeek or whoever but this is where we are.

A funny saying I head about aggy last week: pay like Alabama but play like mizzou. We are mizzou and aggy. Not changing until Jerry dies or sells the team. Everybody knows this except for Jerry and Stephen.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:

I guess this is where we are the last quarter century. 2 turnovers is worth 31 points. I'm not blaming dak or zeek or whoever but this is where we are.

A funny saying I head about aggy last week: pay like Alabama but play like mizzou. We are mizzou and aggy. Not changing until Jerry dies or sells the team. Everybody knows this except for Jerry and Stephen.

Can @TreatyOakor @RamjetFDO not do a Mack brown “curse” picture with Jimmy Johnson. I truly feel like unless Jimmy is acknowledged the steak of shit will continue since Jerruh won’t die and the team will likely be handed over to his dipshit kids and their dipshit kids and their dipshit kids

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Drew said:

You’re so caught up on his contract that you can’t bring yourself to admit just how good he is. You literally say he’s good, out the side did your mouth, then bash him over some perceived issue with his contract.

Maybe he’s not elite. There’s 3 guys that are. But he’s a top 5-7/8 QB in this league and getting better. If that doesn’t deserve him getting a true market rate deal then no one does. It’s what happens with QBs. They get paid. Then 2 years later they’re underpaid. Why does Dak get that situation as well?

You’d rather they lose a franchise and proven QB just because you don’t like that he turned down a 5 year deal that was under market value and not really a fair deal? Like really?

And people say IM a cowboys homer.

I don't think he's top five. Hell, I don't think he's consistently top 10 either.

57 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I want to make love to your post. I was fooled by Zeke’s first few years and ignored how that pick at #4 fucked us elsewhere. I was fooled by about 4 years of uninterrupted OL play (save the Tyron-absent Grady Jarrett game), and how drafting Frederick and Martin so early fucked us. I was fooled thinking McCarthy was our next Bill Parcells, remembering how he totally took control and reshaped a roster fucked up by Jerry and coached by Switzer, Gailey and Campo. McCarthy is no Parcells. I hate that that fuck Aaron Rodgers was right about McCarthy and we have a fat fraud to replace Garrett. We are unquestionably worse off with McCarthy. 

Yeah, I’d rather win, but as I say, Jerry got embarrassed tonight, and Vic and Drew are really really pissed, so there’s a great silver lining. 

I'm not a huge fan now but the Cowboys don't go 13-3 without Zeke back in 2016.

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You say that as though it's fairly typical of Dak, despite the fact that he probably has less than 5 games where he's thrown 2 or more picks in game.

I just looked it up. Dak has thrown 2+ picks in 11 of his 69 career starts.

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dalton has had time. He just sucks. Dak can overcome a bad OL and extend drives.

Bob Sturm just said the Cardinals had 23 quarterback pressures in the game tonight. That's not having "time." Dalton was not good, mind you, but he and the rest of the offense didn't stand a chance with the O-line in tatters.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Bob Sturm just said the Cardinals had 23 quarterback pressures in the game tonight. That's not having "time." Dalton was not good, mind you, but he and the rest of the offense didn't stand a chance with the O-line in tatters.

Dak is pressured, too. You think he sat back there and had all day? But I knew the excuses would come flying in like rain. Where was this same energy for Dak? He had to scramble on the last play against Seattle on a 3 man rush...

But I knew this would happen. Trash Dak. He sucks. Trash. Worst QB to ever play. We need Dalton.

Insert Dalton....Omg the pressure, fumbles, drops, no calls, defense, bad OL. blah fucking blah. Dak dealt with it all and actually had us in every single game. Dalton had us at 3 points with 2 minutes to go. But keep the excuse train rolling. 

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dak is pressured, too. You think he sat back there and had all day? But I knew the excuses would come flying in like rain. Where was this same energy for Dak? He had to scramble on the last play against Seattle on a 3 man rush...

But I knew this would happen. Trash Dak. He sucks. Trash. Worst QB to ever play. We need Dalton.

Insert Dalton....Omg the pressure, fumbles, drops, no calls, defense, bad OL. blah fucking blah. Dak dealt with it all and actually had us in every single game. Dalton had us at 3 points with 2 minutes to go. But keep the excuse train rolling. 

You sound unhinged. I'm not saying any of that. We've been playing from way behind all season long. In the four full games Dak played, the Cowboys scored more than twice as many points in Q4 (49) than in Q1 (23) or Q3 (24). The Cowboys scored 30 in Q2.

And Dak better be a huge improvement over Dalton, who was a league average starting QB at one point in his career, or there's no point bringing Dak back at the price he is likely going to command after his leg heals. Finally, are you really going to argue the line tonight was not the worst the Cowboys have put on the field in the last 6-7 seasons?