• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Apparently only going to be available in limited supply @ cokestore.com:

https://screenrant.com/stranger-things-3-new-coke-promo-video/

Stranger Things & Coca-Cola Reviving New Coke As Season 3 Tie-In

Stranger Things and Coca-Cola are teaming up to bring back New Coke with a very 80s influenced ad. The series' third season will take viewers back to Hawkins, Indiana, where the show's main group of spirited teens dig a little deeper into the spooky happenings surrounding their small town. Unlike its predecessors, the new season will be released on July 4 instead of during the Halloween season, with the show taking place in the summer of 1985. It's a setting filled with more fun-in-the-sun rather than ghosts and ghouls, but a few shots from the trailer show that the kids have more in store for them this time around than just the Starcourt Mall and some Fourth of July sparks.

Edited by smuggs

13 hours ago, TexasMan said:

I was like 1 when New Coke came out. What made it so bad? Comparable tasting cola? 

It was a cover for Coke bottlers completely ditching cane sugar for fucking corn syrup.  

That’s my conspiracy theory and I’m sticking to it.  I know Coke had already stared switching away from real sugar before then, but none of the “Classic” Cokes had sugar.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

The new season is gonna be so epic. For only having 17 episodes, there is a lot of character development and people to really want to succeed.

Steve Harrington really went from being a hated character to one of the best in a short # of episodes. 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:44 AM, atomheartbevo said:

It was a cover for Coke bottlers completely ditching cane sugar for fucking corn syrup.  

That’s my conspiracy theory and I’m sticking to it.  I know Coke had already stared switching away from real sugar before then, but none of the “Classic” Cokes had sugar.  

It was because Coca Cola was finally losing their patent. That’s what a former food chemist at Coca Cola in Atlanta told me. 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:44 AM, atomheartbevo said:

The other conspiracy theory was it was so they could remove any trace of coca from the product.

Guest Lobo

Holy shit.  I’ve never noticed that, but thanks for sticking that in my head for the rest of the weekend.  

Appropriate too since Perkins was in half my 80s favorites growing up.  

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

The soundtrack for this series is pretty great. I'm really digging the remix of Baba O'riley. I just rewatched the series in anticipation of the upcoming season. I'll probably watch it again in a week or two.

Agree.  The trailers for both this season and last had pretty good remixes of popular 80's songs - Baba O'Really and Thriller (last year).

thats whats going to be tough discussing shows like this vs Thrones, Breaking Bad etc. where we have a week to break it down, stay away from this thread, we're all in this together

how are those who will binge from midnight july 4th-evening july 4th keep spoilers hidden until those of us with kids/lives/jobs catch up over a period of days/weeks?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

thats whats going to be tough discussing shows like this vs Thrones, Breaking Bad etc. where we have a week to break it down, stay away from this thread, we're all in this together

how are those who will binge from midnight july 4th-evening july 4th keep spoilers hidden until those of us with kids/lives/jobs catch up over a period of days/weeks?

Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Stranger Things Series 3 Thread Bingefags Unite

• Like 1