Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Baboontyme

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/21/2019 at 5:27 PM, futureman said:

she’s not half as good looking as her mother, and her body isn’t comparable at all.  I’d call her a disappointment.

She's playing an 80's kid that works in an ice cream shop vs. Real Life-

PRI_76957872.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

And for the record I think she looks a lot like her mother. 

On 7/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, mulletpelini said:

I gave up watching season 2.  Couldn't stay engaged.  3>1>2

I finished season 2 but it was painful. They knocked season 3 out of the park. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

She's playing an 80's kid that works in an ice cream shop vs. Real Life-

PRI_76957872.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&zo

And for the record I think she looks a lot like her mother. 

She does, but Uma was 18 when The Adventures of Baron Munchausen released, and she was much more smoke. I blame Ethan.

• 4 weeks later...

Given that the songs in the main trailer appears to have a correlation to the theme of each season (Thriller with the hounds of hell for season 2 and Baba O'riley with the teenage wasteland for season 3) the song for this trailer is Sweet Dreams. Thusly, if the equation holds season 4 then dreams will play a big part of the seaso arc. Drawing from Nightmare on Elm Street would possibly be at play in addition to Chernobyl.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

So they're going to travel back in time?  Gonna be funny when Barb makes a cameo.

Or they go forward in time and Barb has grown up, changed her name to Janet, and become Attorney General of the United States

• 5 months later...

Well played.  I mean, his manual training in Siberia is beyond reminiscent of Rocky IV which as we all remember comes out at the very end of 1985.  which is where Season 3 leaves off in this series.  $50 says Winona manages to sneak in country and surprises him and he pulls her along in some sort of makeshift wagon in the snow.  

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yeah they just went ahead and put it out there that he's alive.  No reason to hide it.  Kind of weak if you ask me, but the show is better with him on it.

Maybe, but if they go the Silence of the Lambs route, it works better. Meaning, the audience knows that Buffalo Bill is the killer but detectives don’t. It provides more suspense. 

In this scenario, the audience knows Hopper is alive but his loved ones don’t. So the audience is rooting for them to find each other. The will they/won’t they reunite storyline gets the audience more emotionally involved 

57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Maybe, but if they go the Silence of the Lambs route, it works better. Meaning, the audience knows that Buffalo Bill is the killer but detectives don’t. It provides more suspense. 

In this scenario, the audience knows Hopper is alive but his loved ones don’t. So the audience is rooting for them to find each other. The will they/won’t they reunite storyline gets the audience more emotionally involved 

It's called Dramatic Irony, and it supposedly it first appears in literature and film just one year before "The Silence of the Lambs" hits theaters.  ;) 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm interested again.  I think it lost its way when it made the upside down a physical place under the city and then part of a vast government conspiracy.  

They needed to branch out to keep the series going so this looks good.  I'd be okay with never resolving Hopper's fate either. 

Edited by CooterBrown

I can never find that scene (I think it was in Season 2).  Of Hopper having a flashback to sitting in a town bar.  And he was celebrating that his daughter has just won some academic competition.  And some stranger at the bar pisses him off, and he kind of alludes to the fact that he knows what's going on at the lab and that maybe that guy is even in on it.  And there was guys outside tailing him.  Maybe even that he knows his daughter is sick and getting sicker. 

Anybody remember that?  It's not a throwaway scene, but it's only about 2 minutes long and it's never referenced again. But I feel like it was really critical to his backstory and to the story of the Lab.  I dunno, I just remember it being important but apparently not so much so because nobody ever talks about it agian.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...