Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Baboontyme

I've had people advising me to watch for awhile. I finally decided to start it a few weeks ago. I though the first few episodes were very meh. Watched Episode 4 last night and it packed the heat. As did 5. I'm starting 6 now. I'm digging it. 

Please spoiler tag if spoilering. 

Oh and is it wrong to think that El and Nancy are going to be very hot in 5-10 years? Asking for a friend. 

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, bamachine said:

Nancy is already legal, all she needs is to eat a sammich every once in a while.

Much more than one..... And production started in 2015.  She's always been legal.  21 these days, but she looks like she has a eating disorder.

I enjoyed season 2 much more than season 1, FWIW.

Season 1 takes awhile to find it's stride....

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Much more than one..... And production started in 2015.  She's always been legal.  21 these days, but she looks like she has a eating disorder.

I enjoyed season 2 much more than season 1, FWIW.

Season 1 takes awhile to find it's stride....

Yeah, she makes me think of an anorexic version of Emmy Rossum and she is already a skinny lass.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

News from the camp:

'Stranger Things 3': Netflix Explains Why Series Isn't Coming Back ...

19 hours ago - 'Stranger Things 3': Netflix Explains Why Series Isn't Coming Back Until ... This image released by Netflix shows Noah Schnapp, from left, Finn ...

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

While overall I love this series, season 1 >>>>>> Season 2.  I hate that they tried to ground everything in reality in Season 2.  I didn't need the Upside Down to literally be under the city. It's an alternate dimension. I'm okay with that.

IIRC, that is one reason #3 didn't come out at Halloween in 2018.  The creators felt rushed doing the second season and wanted the third to be much better.

I am not sure they were saying the upside down was just underground, last season. I think some of the creatures that came across made their lair underground but you still had to pass through a rift to get to where the big bad was located. It was handled a little hamfisted though, likely due to the rush job.

I kind of like mixing it up and not starting it on Halloween. Seems like a perfect way to segue from the celebratory mood at the end of last season, with 4th fireworks and lead right into the terror of S3.Plus that summer was awesome, it was the one before I started HS.

It was a very strange dismissal for them to pick up that backstory with the sheriff being onto the lab guys years earlier when his daughter won that big academic competition.  And that asshole at the bar and the guys in the government sedan out back afterwards.  That whole thing was swept back under the rug.  

Anyway, looks like this starts out as 1985 starts and then the bulk occurs out of school in summer of 1985, yes?  

And more importantly, we still have six more months before this thing is released in our world?  Must be one helluva posting

• 2 months later...

And that mayor's son goes on to run for President of the United States in 2020.  

Trailer is awesome.  I'm in.  I really do hope they circle back to the origins of the Sheriff and that Lab.