Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Baboontyme

He looked pretty dead when Dustin was kneeling next his body and Eddie said that he finally didn't run away and then died. I know the Duffers have said they didn't realize how big of a fan favorite Eddie would become and people are clamouring for him to return. I guess they could do some sort of Star Trek 3 deal with Eddie especially now that El can bring back the dead (Max). 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

"Doja Cat slammed Stranger Things star Noah Schnapp for posting their private conversation to TikTok. On Thursday, Schnapp shared screenshots of messages the "Woman" singer sent him inquiring about his co-star Joseph Quinn. "Noah can you tell Joseph to hmu? Wait no. Does he have a girlfriend?" Doja, 26, wrote.

Schnapp's TikTok quickly went viral and Doja was not happy about it. The "Need to Know" singer addressed the "snake" move in a video of her own."

I don't know what any of this means.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Red Five said:

"Doja Cat slammed Stranger Things star Noah Schnapp for posting their private conversation to TikTok. On Thursday, Schnapp shared screenshots of messages the "Woman" singer sent him inquiring about his co-star Joseph Quinn. "Noah can you tell Joseph to hmu? Wait no. Does he have a girlfriend?" Doja, 26, wrote.

Schnapp's TikTok quickly went viral and Doja was not happy about it. The "Need to Know" singer addressed the "snake" move in a video of her own."

I don't know what any of this means.

DoJa Cat wants a piece of Eddie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25b00469a42bccfb7b47ac93debf7427.jpg

I mean, didn't they say Eddie had been held back and missed being able to graduate for a couple of years in a row, now?  So it's not like SCHOOL is really taking up any of his time....

Edited by utee94

Doesn’t seem to get near as much discussion as Metallica/Kate Bush but the ending of episode 8 with a badass version of Separate Ways was a masterclass in building suspense towards a final battle.  Lyrics sync up nicely to Steve looking at Nancy “our hearts broken in two” and gang hopping out of the van “you, you, you”.  

My wife and I weren’t able to watch the last episode for almost a week after, but I replayed that scene on my phone about a dozen times…to the point my 8yo requests it and wants to watch the show (not happening).  

• Hook 'Em 2

Not that anyone gives a shit but I thought the ending was a bit weak compared to the rest of the season…despite being surprisingly action packed with some epic scenes, it just didn’t feel as satisfying as the tight ending to say season 1.  

+ Jonathan and Will’s talk at the pizza joint was a well written, emotional moment with subtle acting and nuance.  It surprised me as those moments can be hit/miss

- The whole ‘El needs inspiration’ with Mike ‘the heart’ confessing his love with patented wooden delivery, just highlighted ‘all you need is love and Kate Bush to defeat this amazingly powerful evil’ trope of S4…like this is the final battle, you need the clumsy faux-poetic stumbling of an androgynous bad haircut to motivate you against your dark counterpart?

+ The ‘defeat’ of Vecna was an excellent mashup of Terminator 2 ‘T1000 gets shotgunned in the foundry’ and Contra ‘everyone stand here and blast the heart to win the game’.  

- No on except Dustin and Mr Munson seemed to give a shit about Eddie being dead.  I guess they watch the show too and know any new character is ripe for the chopping block.  

+ Vecna using Lucas to signify his entry into Max’s mind was excellent visually and smooth as butter in a very scary way.  Combined with his fight against frat boy being realistic really brought more depth to the character.  

- Argyle had too much screen time IMO dudes though he had his moments

Overall I thought Henry/001/Vecna was a more compelling antagonist than the Mind Flayer, very well acted in the Lab scene flashbacks and a thoughtful arc that wasn’t just narrative back story…though somehow Billy still haunts me as well and it was cool to see him a few times this season.  

Seems like S5 will circle back to a tighter plot line of the core group all in one place and Will being the focal point once again like S1.  His parallels to Henry were made pretty obvious all season, which I hope sets up a different victory for the gang instead of ‘wait for El to get happy/sad/pissed to solve all the problems’.  This show is at its best as a tight homage to Jaws/Goonies/Alien and not as a 1980’s Game of Thrones, so I hope the lessons learned between S3-S4 end the show on a high point in two years. 

/fuck OU

8 hours ago, Homercles said:

Doesn’t seem to get near as much discussion as Metallica/Kate Bush but the ending of episode 8 with a badass version of Separate Ways was a masterclass in building suspense towards a final battle.  Lyrics sync up nicely to Steve looking at Nancy “our hearts broken in two” and gang hopping out of the van “you, you, you”.  

My wife and I weren’t able to watch the last episode for almost a week after, but I replayed that scene on my phone about a dozen times…to the point my 8yo requests it and wants to watch the show (not happening).  

Anytime this season where there were scenes with Steve/Nancy/Jonathan and anything to do with their whiny relationships, I got up to go get a beer and stretch my legs. Made the whole season so much better. 

9 hours ago, Homercles said:

Agree completely on the use of the Journey remix.  It's available on Prime Music and my 12yo son now plays it constantly around the house-- and I'm cool with that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just finished.  The season had its moments.  A couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned.

Weird that frat boy, bball dude was prominent at the beginning of the season, then disappeared only to die because he was laying on a fault line.  Weird.

Also, I try not to be the guy that fixates on a minor detail when virtually nothing is realistic but, how the hell is there electricity in the upside down world?  I know it's a stupid thought and not important to anything but...

Wasn't a fan of anything Russian related.  

Music - awesome.

Gonna be sad to see the end this/next year.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Loved season 4. Thought it was the best season since the first. The dramatic buildups in multiple episodes was noticeable and well done. What I really thought hit the nail on the head was the devil worshipping aspect that took over the town. Growing up in amarillo Texas I can tell you in the 80s that bullshit was front and center. Totally believable even with how far they took it. Anyone else remember this supposed devil worshipping place circle of trees out past Tascosa country club. I remember... I also remember my mom telling me she had no problem with me playing d and d but that I needed to only play with my good friends and not make a big deal about it. Any way. Great season. Loved Eddie. Loved One. Those 2 stood out to me. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 7/4/2022 at 7:01 PM, billfromlaketravis said:

I’m looking forward to Season 5, but hopefully we’re done with Hawkins Lab. Millie Brown can’t pull off a prepubescent girl anymore. 

She was reliving her memories as her present self. Any time she looked in a mirror the reflection was her younger self. They weren't trying to pull off her being a kid anymore. I assume because of the cost of de-aging her would have been too much.

On 7/20/2022 at 2:03 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

Just finished.  The season had its moments.  A couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned.

Weird that frat boy, bball dude was prominent at the beginning of the season, then disappeared only to die because he was laying on a fault line.  Weird.

Also, I try not to be the guy that fixates on a minor detail when virtually nothing is realistic but, how the hell is there electricity in the upside down world?  I know it's a stupid thought and not important to anything but...

Wasn't a fan of anything Russian related.  

Music - awesome.

Gonna be sad to see the end this/next year.  

Re: electricity 

IIRC they ran an extension chord through one of the portals 

On 7/15/2022 at 7:04 AM, Homercles said:

Not that anyone gives a shit but I thought the ending was a bit weak compared to the rest of the season…despite being surprisingly action packed with some epic scenes, it just didn’t feel as satisfying as the tight ending to say season 1.  

+ Jonathan and Will’s talk at the pizza joint was a well written, emotional moment with subtle acting and nuance.  It surprised me as those moments can be hit/miss

- The whole ‘El needs inspiration’ with Mike ‘the heart’ confessing his love with patented wooden delivery, just highlighted ‘all you need is love and Kate Bush to defeat this amazingly powerful evil’ trope of S4…like this is the final battle, you need the clumsy faux-poetic stumbling of an androgynous bad haircut to motivate you against your dark counterpart?

+ The ‘defeat’ of Vecna was an excellent mashup of Terminator 2 ‘T1000 gets shotgunned in the foundry’ and Contra ‘everyone stand here and blast the heart to win the game’.  

- No on except Dustin and Mr Munson seemed to give a shit about Eddie being dead.  I guess they watch the show too and know any new character is ripe for the chopping block.  

+ Vecna using Lucas to signify his entry into Max’s mind was excellent visually and smooth as butter in a very scary way.  Combined with his fight against frat boy being realistic really brought more depth to the character.  

- Argyle had too much screen time IMO dudes though he had his moments

Overall I thought Henry/001/Vecna was a more compelling antagonist than the Mind Flayer, very well acted in the Lab scene flashbacks and a thoughtful arc that wasn’t just narrative back story…though somehow Billy still haunts me as well and it was cool to see him a few times this season.  

Seems like S5 will circle back to a tighter plot line of the core group all in one place and Will being the focal point once again like S1.  His parallels to Henry were made pretty obvious all season, which I hope sets up a different victory for the gang instead of ‘wait for El to get happy/sad/pissed to solve all the problems’.  This show is at its best as a tight homage to Jaws/Goonies/Alien and not as a 1980’s Game of Thrones, so I hope the lessons learned between S3-S4 end the show on a high point in two years. 

/fuck OU

Jesus, I hope so. But I think they go grander scale. There's a giant fault line to Hell going through Hawkins now. They can't go back to hanging out at the mall. 

• 11 months later...

Bump.

We're back baby!

For the last year, I've been searching for "Stranger Things Season 5", with very disappointing results.  I think it's supposed to air late in 2024.  Anyway, I completely forgot that there were two more episodes to Season 4.  They're out now.  I think one is 1.5 hours; the other 2.

11 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Bump.

We're back baby!

For the last year, I've been searching for "Stranger Things Season 5", with very disappointing results.  I think it's supposed to air late in 2024.  Anyway, I completely forgot that there were two more episodes to Season 4.  They're out now.  I think one is 1.5 hours; the other 2.

Eh, those 2 episodes also came out last year.  But, enjoy!

6 minutes ago, PantsTent said:

Eh, those 2 episodes also came out last year.  But, enjoy!

Shit.  Delete user.  At the beginning of each month, I'll pull up a list of all the stuff dropping on the 1st.  The article mentioned these two episodes being released July 1st.  It was a current article, so I guess the author was wrong.  Dammit.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn