Monty Python's Flying Circus

nivek3

Since Netflix will be bringing back their full catalog some time this year and it got my thinking about watching them on channel 13 growing up. I've seen all the movies but I doubt I have seen all the episodes. I'm looking forward to getting to watch them all. So I'm curious what was your favorite skit or scene from the Beatles of comedy?

hA96368E1

ea3d6184ea940095ba6fa33ef86913d8.gif

DeadlyDismalAmericanriverotter-size_rest

img_4087.gif?w=604

• Like 1

Too many to mention. The Cheese Shop, Four Yorkshiremen, Dead Parrot, the one with the granny gang, The Larch, Upperclass Twit of the Year, The Lumberjack Song, The Ministry of Silly Walks, Crunchy Frog, Albatross, I'm not sure if Sit on My Face was from the show or not, Spam, Nudge Nudge, The Spanish Inquisition. I remember one where there were "climbers" scaling a sidewalk, I don't remember what that one was called. Oh, also the self defense one. 

Thats what I've got off the top of my head. My uncle turned me on to the show when I was a pre-teen during a gathering at my grandma's house. I don't think many in the family got it. I thought it was great and watched it whenever I could catch it on PBS. One time a friend told me about this funny movie he saw where they were catapulting cows from a castle. Later I came across it myself and discovered the Holy Grail. Love me some Python. 

• Like 1

Piranha Brothers is great, WWII flying aces banter skit, Undertaker, Silly Party elections, Blackmail, just the way they segued from one skit to the next.  First time I saw them was on Channel 8, the PBS station in Houston, on a Saturday night at midnight.  This was one from the last couple of seasons that had no audience or laugh track, totally blew my mind.

Argument Clinic...
"I'd like to have an argument please."

This is the one that first came to mind for me. I also first saw it as a little kid on PBS channel 13 in dallas, blew my mind. There had never been anything remotely close to this kind of humor.

I always thought Graham Chapman, along with Cleese was the funniest guy. Also loved the “that’s a woody kind of word” skit...

21 hours ago, Matuka said:

The Blancmange...

"He means to win Wimbledon!"

Yes, the entire Angus Podgorny saga is hilarious.

I liked when Python did longer skits like this. Infact the "The Cycling tour" skit may be one of my favorites as it is the only one with a linear storyline that takes the entire episode. 

"

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I liked when Python did longer skits like this. Infact the "The Cycling tour" skit may be one of my favorites as it is the only one with a linear storyline that takes the entire episode. 

"

Lemon curry?

On 4/23/2018 at 8:11 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

"

Oh, Mr. Belpit!  Your legs are so swollen!

• Like 1