AP Bio

Goo Punch

I'm nine episodes into the first season. It's okay so far and I'm going to finish the season. I loved The Mick and still can't believe it was cancelled. I loved that show 9 episodes in so that we better thus far in my book.  This show also won't ever overcome (or at least I highly doubt) my NBC favorite The Good Place.  Thus far, I even prefer Superstore. 

Was watching Seth Myers the other night (he's an Exec Producer) and he had Paula Pell (Helen) on. Didn't know she was an SNL writer for years and has mainly done bit parts on camera. She was also on 30 Rock.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I haven't been keeping up with the news on Always Sunny, but I didn't realize it was done with. The video on the second slide of Sarika's IG post shows Glenn Howerton saying that's the show has ended. huh.  

I had a feeling Sarika was a smoke show in real life. Confirmed. 

If It’s Always Sunny is really done, what a bizarre ending. 

You know the damn secretary is moving up my rankings as being one of the funniest people in the show.

"A hamster got stuck in the vending machine and he's in G-9...that's two dollars!"

"We got him out, but he went to another slot...now he's 4 dollars"

The show is growing on me. I really liked the most recent episode about Toledo's Most Eligible Bachelors. 

I do think they could be using Patton Oswalt more. The guy was great as Constable Bob in Justified. 

The show uses the kids really well. Their characters are well developed and they play off of Howerton well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2019 at 4:28 AM, Goo Punch said:

The way they all shit on Dave (Todd from Community) is hilarious, and has to be some sort of shoutout to community being that it's the same gag using the same actor. 

I'm just now catching up, and when Dave gets hit with the sloppy joe (LeBron!) I lost it. 

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

It's the best show on NBC. Why the hell wouldn't they pick it up? 

The Good Place would like a word with you...

Both are great though, and should be on TV.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

I like the show, but its ratings are near the absolute bottom of the list of all current broadcast network shows.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/ratings-broadcast-network-series-2018-19-1213344

Besides, NBC needs to clear time slots for their upcoming series “Chicago Sanitation”, “Chicago Animal Control”, and “Chicago Planning and Zoning Commission”.   

sucks that nobody really knew when it was on.

in this age of cable, premium cable, streaming, and digital, you can't just roll a show out on nbc in early march for a short season and be shocked when nobody's watching.

in the old days, if you brought in a spring/summer replacement show, and it did well enough to get an order, then it would come on that fall for a longer season.  now, they just bring it back the following spring/summer, figuring "hey, it worked there once".

network shows getting 10-12 episode seasons is becoming a problem they don't know how to fix.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:17 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

Similar to Community, but it seemed to appear better to the masses. Welp, I was wrong. 

Netflix is so thirsty for programming, maybe they pick up. 

NBC screws again. 

Broadcast TV is for the olds and stupid. If it's not God Friended Me  Law and Order: CSI, it doesn't really stand much of a chance.