AP Bio

Goo Punch

Four episodes in on Hulu- much better than I’d expected. It’s not blowing me away or anything, but I’m still enjoying it and I don’t hate any of the characters yet. Kind of like that show Kaitlyn Olson made that I stopped watching for some reason. I’m also rooting for it since it’s ultimately what’s going to bring Always Sunny to an end- which if I’m honest I’m okay with anyway; the gang’s best years are behind them. But still, if this is gonna be what kills it, I hope it succeeds.  

I really like this show.  As a teacher, it hits (somewhat) close to home.  I’ve used the, “Okay, everybody shut your mouths” line to start the day quite a few times. 

The actors who play the students are fantastic, as is Patton Oswalt as the principal  

Not anything revolutionary, but each episode is worth a few guaranteed laughs.

On 4/22/2018 at 9:29 AM, Goo Punch said:

Will this show be renewed or canceled?

The ratings have been quite low, so it's not looking good.  It currently ranks 14th (out of 19) in the 18-49 demo for NBC's prime-time scripted shows.  No official word yet, but I'd be willing to bet it's one-and-done.  Would be a shame, though.  It certainly has potential.

17 hours ago, dbecks said:

The ratings have been quite low, so it's not looking good.  It currently ranks 14th (out of 19) in the 18-49 demo for NBC's prime-time scripted shows.  No official word yet, but I'd be willing to bet it's one-and-done.  Would be a shame, though.  It certainly has potential.

It's not dead yet. Luckily for fans NBC has more turds to flush first. Ratings aren't great but they are better than other sitcoms that NBC will cancel before this show. It might still go but usually networks don't get rid of their entire schedules. And aside from Will and Grace, The Good Place, and Super Store NBC doesn't have any other sitcoms renewed for next year. 

4 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

It's not dead yet. Luckily for fans NBC has more turds to flush first. Ratings aren't great but they are better than other sitcoms that NBC will cancel before this show. It might still go but usually networks don't get rid of their entire schedules. And aside from Will and Grace, The Good Place, and Super Store NBC doesn't have any other sitcoms renewed for next year. 

Law and Order SVU should be put out of it's misery, the writing is awful. 

Also, Heather is my favorite character.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2018 at 2:26 PM, qwertyu1234 said:

Law and Order SVU should be put out of it's misery, the writing is awful. 

Also, Heather is my favorite character.

First off, as I just noted, I’m also a big fan of Heather.

Second, you are not lying about SVU! Wow! I’m  an SVU junkie, and I’m currently running through the show on Hulu- I’m about 2/3 done with season two. Benson, Stabler, Munch, Finn, Kragen, Cabot- awesome cast of characters and the stories are great. Now I got into some of the latter season stuff because of Barba- top 3 ADA with Cabot and Novak- but I tried to watch one of the more recent ones with my buddy a few days ago and we stopped the show and were looking at each other like “wtf”. Really, really bad. Hokey, and played out, and just dumb. It made me sad. They do indeed need to take that shit out to pasture. It’s was beyond time.

Edited by Goo Punch

This won’t be a popular opinion, but at this point I’m ready for AP Bio to get some legs and take off more than I want to see Dennis on Always Sunny. Sunny definitely peaked years ago, and the latter seasons have been more hit or miss, no doubt due to the rising profiles of its stars. AP Bio hasn’t even begun to peak. And when it does peak...you’ll know. It’s gonna peak so hard that everyone in this thread will feel it. I’m ready to see the gang move on to other things, and I think that AS has had an outstanding run- one of the best TV comedies of my time. I’m not sure how much more the gang has to give.

• 5 weeks later...

I've been watching this bit by bit on Hulu.  It's really growing on me.  Heather elevates it.  I just finished the episode where Dennis ends up in the pool with the defect baby simulators, it's.... not as raw as Dee orchestrating the stripper unwittingly putting his balls on his daughter's face, but it's still got some of that good sociopath humor that I need.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/21/2018 at 3:12 PM, woohorn said:

Kinda a rehashed Community vibe (esp since he inexplicably started palling around with the other teachers), but I do want to "teach" Aparna Brielle (24) somethin' somethin':

Season-1-Portrait-Aparna-Brielle-as-Sarika-ap-bio-41145873-375-500.jpg

I definitely pick up the Community vibe, but it's show that killed It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I'll watch, but I have mixed emotions. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...