Halloween Candy; the good, the bad and the ugly

Parliament

Good

Hershey bars miniature. I prefer dark chocolate, but I celebrate all flavors.

Reeses Peanut butter cups.

Bad

Taffy

Reeces Pieces

Abomination

Swedish Fishes. What are they even trying to be?

Peanut Butter M&M's. They can't do anything that a regular peanut M&M can't do better.

I don't eat the candy.  It's definitely more fun taking the kiddo around.  I try to avoid the sugar and all that healthy shit.  However, I'm going to have to completely disagree with your take on peanut butter M&Ms.  I don't like peanut M&Ms but absolutely slam on the peanut butter M&Ms.  We can't have them in the house.

My favorites from when I used to eat candy:

1) Twix

2) Kit Kat

3) York Patties/3 musketeers/milky way/M&Ms (no peanut)

Bad:

1) Nerds

Abominations:

1) Dots...I mean, what the fuck are those?

Also, if I find a house that's giving out little boxes of Junior Mints, we'll go to that house three or four times.

• Hook 'Em 1

Devoured First:

Twix, Snickers, Milky Way, Chick-O-Stick.

Tier 2:

Reese's Cups and Pieces, Lemonhead, Butterfinger, 3 Musketeers, Peanut M&M.

Tier 3:

Sweet Tarts, Smarties, candy cigs (yeah, I'm GenX), Kit-Kat, Almond Joy, Nerds, DumDums, Starburst.

GTFO:

Bit-O-Honey, those things Wally Prior posted, black licorice, Necco Wafers, Circus Peanuts

Edited by Dutch

chocolate reeses are amazing.  white reeses are terribad.  felt like i'd been betrayed by my oldest friend when i first bit into one and realized it wasn't white chocolate but some shitty industrial oil wannabe "creme."  i know, lots of people hate white chocolate, but at least it's an actual food from actual cocoa beans. 

3 hours ago, Covri said:

Take 5, Reese’s peanut butter cups, snickers, peanut m&ms, Twix are the top 5 IMO 

Take 5 is about as grown up as a candy bar can be. It’s related to Pay Day, which is the fave of middle aged dads every where. 

Good - PayDay, Take 5, Reese’s cups, snickers, sour patch kids, Hershey’s cookies and creme 

Bad - Almond Joy, Smarties, Hershey’s Kisses (plain—others are ok I guess), Plain M&Ms

Ugly - Swedish fish are the worst, agreed. Also, Tootsie Rolls

On 10/19/2020 at 12:57 PM, Parliament said:

Good

Bad

Taffy

Reeces Pieces

Abomination

Peanut Butter M&M's. They can't do anything that a regular peanut M&M can't do better.

The only flavor of Hersey miniature that sucks is the dark choclate, and if you don't like reeses pieces then God help your soul

On 10/19/2020 at 12:57 PM, Parliament said:

Good

Bad

Taffy

Reeces Pieces

Abomination

Love them.  Also love me some Bit-O-Honey

The only candy I dislike and/or won't eat is candy corn and peeps type candies. Made up shit that tastes weird or bad for a specific holiday. 

Give me all the rest of the candy though. I love candy. 

Dots love em

Chocolate anything? Sign me up

Nerd, gobstoppers, any wonka shit? Fuckin rights I'll eat it.

• Like 4

I haven’t eaten a piece of candy or had a bite of a dessert in a year and a half.  If somebody gifted me with a bag of the worst shit listed in this thread, I’d chow it down like a yard dog after a fresh can of Alpo.  I can barely remember the taste of a Mars Bar (now Snickers almond, I think, for youngsters)—y’all live it up.

• Hook 'Em 1

yeah, those black and orange wrapped things, and wax lips, are the worst.

Reese's PBC are my favorite, but I like all the chocolate.  It's all good.

And I also love smarties.  As a kid I'd torture myself, eating the first sleeve one at a time-- and then dump a whole second pack into my mouth at once.

22 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The only flavor of Hersey miniature that sucks is the dark choclate, and if you don't like reeses pieces then God help your soul

Mr Goodbars are made up in large part from all the rejected ingredients of the other bars. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Like 1

The Good:

Twix, Snickers, Almond Joy, Zero, Whoppers, Sugar Babies/Daddy, Hershey, Crunch, Reese's, M&M's (Peanut FTW), Chic-O-stick, Atkinson Peanut Butter Bar

The Bad:

Generic dollar store taffy, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers (not a fan), hard candy, gum, Sweeties, Mike & Ike, Red Hots

The Ugly:

Candy corn, licorice, fruit, homemade divinity.

Edited by RPM

6 minutes ago, RPM said:

The Good:

Twix, Snickers, Almond Joy, Zero, Whoppers, Sugar Babies/Daddy, Hershey, Crunch, Reese's, M&M's (Peanut FTW), Chic-O-stick, Atkinson Peanut Butter Bar

The Bad:

Generic dollar store taffy, Milky Way, 3 Musketeers (not a fan), hard candy, gum, Sweeties, Mike & Ike, Red Hots

The Ugly:

I know the razor blade in candy was just an urban legend, but has anyone ever consumed a homemade piece of candy procured from trick or treating post 1960?  When I was a kid one house gave out candied popcorn and I think most people threw that on the street before they even got home.

1 minute ago, Gene Parmesan said:

has anyone ever consumed a homemade piece of candy procured from trick or treating post 1960? 

Guilty up to the mid 70's. Small town, stayed in the neighborhoods we knew. The older Mexican Abuelos used to make some really good popcorn balls and homemade candy.

3 hours ago, RPM said:

The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly:

I'm sorta in a quandary right now. 

3 hours ago, RPM said:

Guilty up to the mid 70's. Small town, stayed in the neighborhoods we knew. The older Mexican Abuelos used to make some really good popcorn balls and homemade candy.

Even in Austin in the late 70s/early 80s, we had a couple families in our neighborhood that gave out homemade popcorn balls and I loved them.