Halloween Candy; the good, the bad and the ugly

Parliament

• 1 year later...
13 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Candy corn gets a bad rap. It’s not the best candy by any means, but it’s better than most people make it out to be. Plus you can make them look like vampire teeth in your lip. So, there’s that.

It's not a candy I can generally eat all day, but one or two is a nice change-up.

44 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Candy corn gets a bad rap. It’s not the best candy by any means, but it’s better than most people make it out to be. Plus you can make them look like vampire teeth in your lip. So, there’s that.

31 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It's not a candy I can generally eat all day, but one or two is a nice change-up.

I rarely eat candy anyway, and candy corn is certainly not the best stuff out there, but it also wouldn't feel like October, without eating at least a few of them...

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I rarely eat candy anyway, and candy corn is certainly not the best stuff out there, but it also wouldn't feel like October, without eating at least a few of them...

This ^

I'll even throw in a few of the big brother pumpkin whatever things from time to time...

a90b64c6-726e-49c1-afec-8e0c2d1be44b_1.1

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Landomatic said:

This ^

I'll even throw in a few of the big brother pumpkin whatever things from time to time...

a90b64c6-726e-49c1-afec-8e0c2d1be44b_1.1

My kids prefer the pumpkins.  If I get the mixed bag and put them in a candy dish, within an hour all of the pumpkins will be picked clean out.

• 9 months later...

That’s putridness right there. I am one who likes Brachs candy corn not the dollar store kind. Hot dog candy corn sounds like a war crime.

If you want parents keep their kids away I’m thinking candy cigarettes might do it. They are probably expensive nostalgia candy now though.

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

That’s putridness right there. I am one who likes Brachs candy corn not the dollar store kind. Hot dog candy corn sounds like a war crime.

If you want parents keep their kids away I’m thinking candy cigarettes might do it. They are probably expensive nostalgia candy now though.

Amazon has them for less then a dollar a pack.   I may go that route this year.  In a new house so I can hand these out this year and never have to hande out candy again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I had some saltwater taffy today. It was yellow, so I figured it would be lemon or banana flavored. Nope. Buttered popcorn. As the flavor hit, I was somewhat disgusted, then I ate three more pieces. Damn, that shit was good. 

Mellowcreme candy (candy corn and all similar products) were a fave as a child, but I can only eat one or two now. Just too too sweet. I, too, love the little pumpkins at Halloween, and somehow my grammy used to find little hearts and arrows at Valentine's Day and put them in her candy jar.  (she was pretty old fashioned about stuff like that, but I have to admit, she was smart about it--if a relative said something stupid or offensive at a family gathering, she would break up the moment by passing the jar around because someone with a lemon drop or Hershey's kiss in their mouth is shut up for at least a minute or two and everyone else can move on to another topic).

10 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The buttered popcorn jelly belly is the nastiest flavor of all excepting the trick ones like sweaty socks and baby’s hit diaper. Would not like it with taffy either as it rips the crowns out of my mouth.

The popcorn jelly beans suck, but this tasted remarkably like hot buttered popcorn.