Give Me One Reason to Keep Caring about the Dallas Cowboys

Vic Mackey

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I stopped getting upset about them several years ago. It's pointless. All roads lead to Jerry. 

Oh I am not upset at all. I am way beyond getting upset at sports in general, But I still watch and like to root for them. That is slowly dwindling. I will never root for another team, though. I don't enjoy their games as much as watching a non Dallas game

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Nah, there aren't any.  I loved the Cowboys when I was growing up and lived there during the Super Bowl '90s.  

But there are so many better run organizations.  Ones that win. I don't care enough to transfer my loyalty to any pro team but I like watching something built with winning in mind, rather than selling jerseys.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Nah, there aren't any.  I loved the Cowboys when I was growing up and lived there during the Super Bowl '90s.  

But there are so many better run organizations.  Ones that win. I don't care enough to transfer my loyalty to any pro team but I like watching something built with winning in mind, rather than selling jerseys.

I want to like and cheer for the Cowboys but I just can't. They make being a Texans fan refreshing. And being a Texans fan is not something I'd recommend.

I enjoy watching them to see just how bad they'll fuck up and laugh at how obtuse and willfully inept Jerry Jones and his crew are. Mainly because Dallas sports media kisses their ass and talk about how great Will McClay is because he managed to find 2 very good first round offensive linemen and a good 4th round QB. Outside of Lamb what else has he done with drafting? The rest of the OL picks suck. The LB picks suck including a bad first round bust and a high 2nd round bust. The only good DB pick was a first rounder and they let him walk while all their other DB picks suck. Their TE picks really suck. Their RB pick was insanely stupid and a waste of a #4 pick. WR and first round OL picks are all he has outside of Dak. It's hilarious to see the 3 card monte show being pulled on Dallas fans and media over and over every year with the same shitty results. 

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 1

there is no reason to hope anymore.  Jerry Jones and his dipshit inbred son have driven this once proud franchise completely into the ditch.  He got lucky hiring Johnson and that was the last time there was a real football guy in charge.  Parcells heart really wasn't in it at that point.

we have no one that can draft OL without paying up for them and sometimes way over paying and our D drafting has been beyond abysmal.  

the graphic about teams that haven't had a champ game appearance since 1996 was the dregs of the league for 25 years.  that says it all.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Oh I am not upset at all. I am way beyond getting upset at sports in general, But I still watch and like to root for them. That is slowly dwindling. I will never root for another team, though. I don't enjoy their games as much as watching a non Dallas game

Vic, you can lie to all of us but don’t you dare lie to yourself.

Its fucking depressing. Horns suck, cowboys suck, etc...give me something, Rangers, Stars, Mavericks.....

....women’s volleyball 😥

I posted the comment below in the game thread but it fits better here. Seriously, I know it’s almost unfathomable to give up on watching pro football. I was the most rabid football fan on the planet growing up. My junior high, high school, college and pro teams were always very good to elite. But when I finally broke from the Cowboys because of Jones, it felt like I escaped from jail.

Other post:

As long as a Jones family member runs the Cowboys, which right now looks like forever, they will never win another Super Bowl. They are a bunch of hillbillies with the intelligence of a walnut, and all they care about is fleecing as much money from fans as possible to finance their yachts and other business interests. They do not really care about winning, just making money. Drop the Cowboys as one of your interests and your happiness will increase substantially.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Bullneck said:

The innovation in seat licensing and merch sales don't hold your attention?

• Like 1

Martellus Bennett signing was last straw for me, and it still felt like I'd been hanging on way too long.

Nothing has improved or changed for the positive since.

IDGAF about the uniforms any more.  I watch the NFL for individual players.  Worked late last night and got home during the 4th quarter of Cards-Cowboys.  Oh 28-3...  Good for Kliff.

I still watch the NFL when it's on generally, and I reckon there will always be some semblance of affinity for the blue star, but Christ if they haven't made it beyond difficult.  I damned sure don't get pissed off or disappointed any more.

Todd Archer’s column over on ESPN points out some brutal truths. The Cowboys have given up 84 points off of turnovers this season. Pittsburgh has given up 94 total points. 

“A once-feared offensive line that was the envy of the NFL was reduced to starting two undrafted rookies at tackle (Brandon Knight, 2019, Terence Steele, 2020), a rookie center (Tyler Biadasz), a second-year player (Connor McGovern) with two offensive snaps of experience prior to Monday and a third-year guard coming off knee surgery (Connor Williams).”

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

The satisfaction when Jerrah dies will be palpable.....

Don't get your hopes up.

49 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

As long as a Jones family member runs the Cowboys, which right now looks like forever, they will never win another Super Bowl. They are a bunch of hillbillies with the intelligence of a walnut, and all they care about is fleecing as much money from fans as possible to finance their yachts and other business interests. They do not really care about winning, just making money. Drop the Cowboys as one of your interests and your happiness will increase substantially.

Bingo. 

What if I told you Jerrah is actually the smart one?

image.thumb.png.790e54fafd957bcbe684dfd0dbc7794d.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Because when they are great then you don't want to be a bandwagon fan; you want to be able to say you were a fan through good times and bad.

I know this because it has to be why I have friends who are still Lions fans (although I'll be dead before they are ever good - I can't say again, because they have won exactly ONE playoff game in my lifetime)

Also to reply to @Dbeasy (I forgot to hit the quote button) - the Ford family has never won shit, but then again they've only owned the Lions since 1961

Edited by Wally Fairway

We're kind of in the same boat - Eagles broke down, horrible roster (though our owner and head coach still seem OK). What I tell myself is the East champ has advanced in the playoffs even when they suck. Whoever survives will no doubt be much healthier than they are right now. And a very good chance of being favored in a home game in the first round, maybe against an underachieving Rams type team who has already beaten us both, barely. I'd rather care in January than right now, even if only for a week or two.

Edited by Bartles
Mistaken stat

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I posted the comment below in the game thread but it fits better here. Seriously, I know it’s almost unfathomable to give up on watching pro football. I was the most rabid football fan on the planet growing up. My junior high, high school, college and pro teams were always very good to elite. But when I finally broke from the Cowboys because of Jones, it felt like I escaped from jail.

Other post:

I am actually reasonably certain that Stephen, Jerrah Jr., and Charlotte are sufficiently intelligent that they realize that they should not substitute their judgment for seasoned football professionals.

Therefore, once Jerrah becomes incapacitated, there is a more than reasonable chance that the Cowboys improve.

They may be "hillbillies," but they don't suffer Jerrah's vainglorious delusions about being a football genius.

About 10 years ago I finally came to the realization that the Cowboys had become the Raiders with Jerry taking the role of Al Davis.  Entertaining from time to time but never will be a real threat for winning consistently.  I still watch the games if nothing else is going on and even hope that they win but I have no expectations whatsoever.  Really like Dak and hope that his career doesn't end up being wasted. 

Last night when they opted for a 58 yard FG down by 25 rather than going for it was my signal it was time to turn the TV off.  At least the horns have been disappointing for a decade also so I have that going for me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1