Andres Iniesta

I realize most on here don’t follow La Liga and 95% don’t care for Barca, but a true phenom of the game will probably be playing in his last Final (barring a WC run from Spain) today in the Copa del Rey.

He has 8 (soon to be 9) league championships, 5 (maybe 6) League Cups, 4 Champions Leagues, 2 Euros, and 1 WC (with the winning goal in the final). He is short. He has never been fast. But his touch is first class, his vision unmatched, and he rarely if ever got flustered. He could dictate the flow to a game like a conductor to an orchestra.

I know everyone, rightfully, focuses on how lucky we are to watch Messi and Ronaldo, but all football fans should do themselves a favor and catch El Ilusionista one last time over the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

He scored in a simple way, cool as a cucumber - just a touch around the keeper and a pass to an empty net.

I know he can’t do 90 any more, but I am going to miss that bald fucker.

The trio of Xavi, Messi and Iniesta in their prime could have kept the ball in a 4’x4’ rondo against 4 defenders for 90 minutes.