Surly needs a press pass

immamac

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

I think the first question they are going to ask you is who exactly does Surlyhorns employ as a journalist to write articles.

That, or where are your big-titted info-babes?

When I worked for a small independent publication, I asked for a press pass and they told me to go up to Kinkos with a headshot photo and a guy made me one for like $10 in less than 30 minutes.  It was nothing official but it worked to get me in free with sideline/press box access at most high school football games.  Getting access to UT requires you to get cleared by their media liaisons which isn’t easy from what I hear.

22 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm going to seriously pursue getting one. If the clowns at OB can have them it's time for us to have one. 

Anyone have any connections or insight they can give on the requirements and process? 

reach out to the r/CFB community on reddit maybe?

i know they have gone through this process and the "reporter" changes fairly often depending on the location, etc

15 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Can you imagine Derka as a reporter?  Every perceived slight would cause a meltdown of epic proportions. I’d definitely pay for it. 

Sending DD to Shaka's post game press conferences would be the angle here. The vast majority of his questions would take 5 minutes, and contain a scathing teardown of Shaka's coaching ethos, but primarily serve as a vehicle to highlight Rick Barnes career coaching achievements. The remainder would just be short recaps of Tenn latest games or Barnes latest recruiting achievements. I say we do it.  If CDC won't fire Shaka, let's pull out the big guns and hope Shaka decides there are easier ways to make $3 million a year. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/22/2020 at 9:18 AM, Dr. Beeper said:

We need our own 1920s Reporter Guy. 

I’m pretty sure you meant to say and imbed the overcusser. 

yeah coach Meyer, surly Texas here, on that last td our defensive back looked like he didn’t know what the fuck he was doing.  Comments on that shitty play?

On 10/21/2020 at 7:30 AM, immamac said:

I'm going to seriously pursue getting one. If the clowns at OB can have them it's time for us to have one. 

Anyone have any connections or insight they can give on the requirements and process? 

Yeah, contact Mike Bianco, oh wait, dipshit fired him.

Seriously, I was not aware that they offer a generic press pass.  When I was doing media, my editor had to put in a request for each event he wanted me to cover, and I'd pick up the game pass day of game. 

On 10/22/2020 at 7:39 AM, Blotto said:

Sending DD to Shaka's post game press conferences would be the angle here. The vast majority of his questions would take 5 minutes, and contain a scathing teardown of Shaka's coaching ethos, but primarily serve as a vehicle to highlight Rick Barnes career coaching achievements. The remainder would just be short recaps of Tenn latest games or Barnes latest recruiting achievements. I say we do it.  If CDC won't fire Shaka, let's pull out the big guns and hope Shaka decides there are easier ways to make $3 million a year. 

Can't stop laughing...

lol @ the self importance on display. "surly needs a press pass." 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bko24jnt0omteg57lf

what does "surly" need a press pass for? what even is surly? a sad modicum of a partial slice of what shaggy once was in its prime? an internet message board almost entirely dedicated to grown men compulsively and obsessively wrecking their own emotional and mental health over politics and college football? a site where the owner is a hypersensitive aggy version of campus loopy and lhg? yeah, this site definitely deserves a press pass. for suuuurrreeeee. 👌🏼 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299ld0eyqit3fh9cxhmx

On 10/22/2020 at 7:39 AM, Blotto said:

well, ok, yeah, but, you know, what's your point? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

lol @ the self importance on display. "surly needs a press pass." 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29bko24jnt0omteg57lf

what does "surly" need a press pass for? what even is surly? a sad modicum of a partial slice of what shaggy once was in its prime? an internet message board almost entirely dedicated to grown men compulsively and obsessively wrecking their own emotional and mental health over politics and college football? a site where the owner is a hypersensitive aggy version of campus loopy and lhg? yeah, this site definitely deserves a press pass. for suuuurrreeeee. 👌🏼 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299ld0eyqit3fh9cxhmx

it would easily be more interesting and entertaining than 99% of what goes on here. 

says the guy who's ashamed to admit that he used to post under the handle "rex kramer". calmer than you are. 

well, ok, yeah, but, you know, what's your point? 

Use the "Multiquote" button damn it

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray

43 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Use the "Multiquote" button damn it

serious question- when you're reading surly, do you actually read ahead to then end of every thread, figure out which posts you want to reply to, then scroll back up, use the multi quote function, and reply to each of them piecemeal? because i sure don't.

You can click the plus sign at the bottom left of each post as you read them and then hit the "quote posts" button that appears at the bottom right of the screen to paste them in the reply dialog box when you're finished with a thread. It keeps posters from scroll bombing a thread with an individual reply per post. Try it.

• Hook 'Em 1

What at all does Orangeblood's press pass entitle them to?  They get to attend press conferences for all sports?  Do they get up in the press box/down on the field as well? 

• 1 month later...