Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

meeting with biden in houston isn't going to help him at all 

HE sort of has to doesn't he?  He has his hand out looking for a huge federal bailout of a problem completely and totally self made by Republican Leadership. 

There is nobody else to blame despite the calls for somebody... anybody but Abbott and the other dumb ass political shills of the GOP who ALWAYS and I mean FUCKING ALWAYS take the side of businesses over the Texas citizenry.  How else would you describe a system where electrical customers can get charged.the rape rates approved by the GOP appointees tasked.

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just go word there is a 75% chance Abbot is announcing a lessening of mask mandate or getting rid of it altogether at a press conference in lubbock today

get us the fucking vaccine, greg, before you go doing victory laps. jfc.

10 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Just go word there is a 75% chance Abbot is announcing a lessening of mask mandate or getting rid of it altogether at a press conference in lubbock today

COVID is over?

We Did It Congratulations GIF by chuber channel - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 3

meeting with biden in houston isn't going to help him at all 

Yes it will. About cruises on the back of the white suburban voters that casually follow politics. Those voters trimmed the margin from R+ eleventy billion for Romney to R +6 for Trump 2020. It’s why he far Ian the GOP field in 2018. He’s teflon with these voters because, unlike say Ted Cruz, he’ll at least try to cloak his MAGA nonsense with the appearance of working in good faith.

Abbott meets with Biden, people think he brought home the federal bacon, and those casual GOP voters stick with him when things rebound.
  • Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I assume local regulations can stay in place.  And I fully expect that they will in many cities.

i believe the state has all final say in this. counties can RECCOMMEND you wear a mask but not enforce it 

4 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

might i interest you in a single use plastic grocery bag?

Big difference there.  There is a specific law that preempts local regulation of bags.  I don't particularly like that legislation, but it exists.

There's no legislation that even arguably preempts a mask mandate.  Not that the Legislature can't pass one.  But it's not on the books currently.

51 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Yes it will. About cruises on the back of the white suburban voters that casually follow politics. Those voters trimmed the margin from R+ eleventy billion for Romney to R +6 for Trump 2020. It’s why he far Ian the GOP field in 2018. He’s teflon with these voters because, unlike say Ted Cruz, he’ll at least try to cloak his MAGA nonsense with the appearance of working in good faith.

Abbott meets with Biden, people think he brought home the federal bacon, and those casual GOP voters stick with him when things rebound.

the maga crowd and those to the right of maga want to primary him

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the maga crowd and those to the right of maga want to primary him

That's definitely true.  But more immediately, this is about changing the headlines off the fact that the chairman of the PUC, who he appointed, just resigned in disgrace.  But not before throwing everyone else under the bus.

now i guess i need to prioritize getting a vaccine before texas becomes a hot spot. we are still in phase 1b, but we are going to open up and unmask?

fuck outta here.

given that we are phase 1b, can i still just show up and get a shot at heb with an appointment? will they care that i'm a relatively healthy 42 year old white dude?

Just now, hayden_horn said:

now i guess i need to prioritize getting a vaccine before texas becomes a hot spot. we are still in phase 1b, but we are going to open up and unmask?

fuck outta here.

given that we are phase 1b, can i still just show up and get a shot at heb with an appointment? will they care that i'm a relatively healthy 42 year old white dude?

How's your bmi?

4 minutes ago, kevwun said:

In case you had any doubts, Greg Abbott cares more about his political future than the lives of Texans.

Ron DeSantis got so popular with the CPAC crowd that he was 2nd in the Trump straw poll and 1st in the non-Trump straw poll and other GOP governors are jealous AF.  DeSantis-Noem is the "dream ticket" if Trump doesn't run. Aka, the 2 governors who have taken COVID the least seriously.

Abbott's political future is not in taking it seriously or prioritizing public health of his citizens. 

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

fuck outta here.

You'd think Texas would be out of phase 1B or higher than 48th in vaccine distribution before declaring victory.  But nah. 

Edit: oh you're 45th as of today, congrats! 

Edited by Js1

14 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

fuck outta here.

I got mine last Friday and the majority of the 100 or so in line in front of me looked to be their 30s & 40s with no obvious comorbidities. They don't check your medical records or even ask for an ID. It's all honor system. For me, I justified it based on past issues with my lungs from 25 years of smoking (I quit a couple of years ago).