Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

19 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I'm pretty sure the dude there used to be a regular for pick up basketball games I frequented around west campus, lo, these many years ago...

If you’re talking about the balding guy with the forehead, we used to see him at the pickup games we played at the court by the firehouse north of campus near crown and anchor 

18 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

My local school board announced they will be sticking with the mask mandate for the rest of the school year.  Makes me happy but I can’t tell you how many people are posting crap about how they want to vote the superintendent out and they are going to send their kids and tell them not to wear a mask.  There is one dude in my neighborhood that is shall we say, a total asshole, that is still posting stuff like “I can’t believe we are still making the kids wear masks for what is just the Flu”.  I read this garbage and I find myself chanting “serenity now” over and over again sitting on my couch.  

I got banned from NextDoor hours after the insurrection. Although I am eligible to regain access, examples like you mention above keep me from ever going back. Hot Wheels does enough to piss me off, I don’t need a constant feed if that horseshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I'm pretty sure the dude there used to be a regular for pick up basketball games I frequented around west campus, lo, these many years ago...

That's Scott Marcus, drummer for Austin band Glass Eye.  The chick with the hat is Teresa Taylor, drummer of The Butthole Surfers.  The other gal is Stella Weir, keyboardist for Glass Eye.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If you’re talking about the balding guy with the forehead, we used to see him at the pickup games we played at the court by the firehouse north of campus near crown and anchor 

Scott Marcus from Glass Eye, I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I think when slacker was shot that the population of Austin was still three or four dozen people, so most likely you knew everybody in it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

It's almost as if the state that had a complete power grid breakdown and the state that still have major water issues, are trying to distract us? 😉

OF course with both states also being about fighting it out for who can be the "shitty vaccine rollout champion" that's just one more reason to unmask!

5 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

I think when slacker was shot that the population of Austin was still three or four dozen people, so most likely you knew everybody in it.

02.jpg

When I moved to Austin in 1984, the first thing I remember remembering was the hand. 

This looks like a fun read:

https://endofaustin.com/2014/05/22/the-geography-of-slacker-25-years-later/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

14 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That's Scott Marcus, drummer for Austin band Glass Eye.  The chick with the hat is Teresa Taylor, drummer of The Butthole Surfers.  The other gal is Stella Weir, keyboardist for Glass Eye.

One night at the Crown & Anchor it was packed, and I shared a table with a dude who used to install fountains. Said he installed one way back when at the Crown and Anchor, almost where we were sitting. He said there was some problem with the water pressure, he tried to warn the management, but they just didn't want to listen.

So they were gonna turn the fountain on this night when the Butthole Surfers were playing, b/c way back then the Crown had bands. Dude sat way back in the crowd, and waited. When they turned the fountain on full-blast, it sorta went off like the volcano in a science experiment. People scattered, water blasting everywhere, psychotic reaction, him laughing like a loon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

secret shot sauce

Spoiler

with the GQP free-for-all it's now bartertown for the shots.

here's how to get a slot at CVS.  USE A REAL MACHINE.  Do not do this shit on your phone.  run ccleaner and scrub your machine of all cookies and history.  seconds count in the queue.  have a clean machine.

in daylight hours, open this link, scroll down and select texas and a pop-up window displays all texas cities with CVS locations that are doing shots

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine#

study this list - don't pay attention to the openings out west, also you may see texarkana and atlanta in daylight hours showing available

decide which 3 locations are closest to you in a given direction, i.e. north, south, east, west of you.  once you are in the application engine, you will do your search for the city in the middle of the other 2.  it might cost you some extra drive time, but if you go for the closest city and only the closest city, you might waste time for nothing and end up with no appointment, will explain why in a minute

get up at 4am and load this browser window.  on a real machine.  not your phone.  this link is in the pop-up window labeled "Schedule an appointment now"

https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/cvd-schedule?icid=coronavirus-lp-vaccine-sd-statetool

at 4am this morning, the wait time for the window to resolve and load the scheduling engine was 48 minutes.

there were available appointments in 50% of the cities in the metros statewide.

by the time i was able to click through the app process my search defaulted me to the next city further away.  this is why you search for the city in the middle of the 3 that are in the same direction from you.  the application engine is throttled and they can only process so many applications at one time.  thus, as you sit there in the dark, your most desired times at your most desired locations may get booked while you are in the queue.

everyone reading this and saying "fuck it" knows what to do with respect to answering all the questions the right way, and that's all i have to say about that.

moderna 1 this afternoon and i'm heading out to mow the yard.  fuck the GQP.  may they burn in hell.

• Hook 'Em 4

20 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

One night at the Crown & Anchor it was packed, and I shared a table with a dude who used to install fountains. Said he installed one way back when at the Crown and Anchor, almost where we were sitting. He said there was some problem with the water pressure, he tried to warn the management, but they just didn't want to listen.

So they were gonna turn the fountain on this night when the Butthole Surfers were playing, b/c way back then the Crown had bands. Dude sat way back in the crowd, and waited. When they turned the fountain on full-blast, it sorta went off like the volcano in a science experiment. People scattered, water blasting everywhere, psychotic reaction, him laughing like a loon.

That was surely when it was a grimy live music venue called The Beach.

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That was surely when it was a grimy live music venue called The Beach.

YES! Fountain Dude said that was the origin of the pseudo-nautical theme with the fake dock. Also that they used to sell food out of what was now the men's room. I imagine it had even more germs when it was the kitchen.

35 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

secret shot sauce

Hide contents

with the GQP free-for-all it's now bartertown for the shots.

here's how to get a slot at CVS.  USE A REAL MACHINE.  Do not do this shit on your phone.  run ccleaner and scrub your machine of all cookies and history.  seconds count in the queue.  have a clean machine.

in daylight hours, open this link, scroll down and select texas and a pop-up window displays all texas cities with CVS locations that are doing shots

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine#

study this list - don't pay attention to the openings out west, also you may see texarkana and atlanta in daylight hours showing available

decide which 3 locations are closest to you in a given direction, i.e. north, south, east, west of you.  once you are in the application engine, you will do your search for the city in the middle of the other 2.  it might cost you some extra drive time, but if you go for the closest city and only the closest city, you might waste time for nothing and end up with no appointment, will explain why in a minute

get up at 4am and load this browser window.  on a real machine.  not your phone.  this link is in the pop-up window labeled "Schedule an appointment now"

https://www.cvs.com/vaccine/intake/store/cvd-schedule?icid=coronavirus-lp-vaccine-sd-statetool

at 4am this morning, the wait time for the window to resolve and load the scheduling engine was 48 minutes.

there were available appointments in 50% of the cities in the metros statewide.

by the time i was able to click through the app process my search defaulted me to the next city further away.  this is why you search for the city in the middle of the 3 that are in the same direction from you.  the application engine is throttled and they can only process so many applications at one time.  thus, as you sit there in the dark, your most desired times at your most desired locations may get booked while you are in the queue.

everyone reading this and saying "fuck it" knows what to do with respect to answering all the questions the right way, and that's all i have to say about that.

moderna 1 this afternoon and i'm heading out to mow the yard.  fuck the GQP.  may they burn in hell.

I can’t thank you enough, sir. My mom, who is in South Bend, just learned she’s facing stage four cancer, and I want a vaccine before I make the trip to see her. This last week has been incredibly frustrating. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

YES! Fountain Dude said that was the origin of the pseudo-nautical theme with the fake dock. Also that they used to sell food out of what was now the men's room. I imagine it had even more germs when it was the kitchen.

Yep.  I wasn't there back then, but worked a summer at C&A.  The shelf where the salt and pepper and ketchup lives now is the window where the food came out when it was The Beach.

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler

CVS availability in sherman and athens for you metroplex surlies

edit maybe not site says adding more appointments when you click on get appointment

does this really hide from indexers?

Edited by elfenix

41 minutes ago, elfenix said:

CVS availability in sherman and athens for you metroplex surlies

edit maybe not site says adding more appointments when you click on get appointment

Yep. Got an appointment for tomorrow in Athens. Wichita Falls seems to be adding appointments as well.

29 minutes ago, elfenix said:

better to stay up as i'm a night owl and 2 am bed time is common or no?

Spoiler

i only have data for daylight and 4am, and a single datapoint for texarkana at 1245am last sunday morning

sherman, texarkana and atlanta still showing, at this hour, everything else is 5 hours west of I-35

what shots are available where is driven by the storage/transport issue....
pfizer needs -90
moderna needs -30
j&j don't know
i don't know for sure but i believe heb/cvs/etc. all have -30, but few have -90.

Didn’t Pfizer request and get approval recently to store at -30 too?

9 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Vile 

This wouldn’t be nearly as bad if it didn’t fucking work. But it does. People actually believe this shit. 

I wish we could just brush him off as an asshole, but he’s actually dangerous. They learned from the master. Lie you’re ass off all the time about everything and millions will believe it. Millions. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

23 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't this this is working out like he hoped.  I live in a very Republican county and at HEB yesterday mask usage was almost universal just like it's been.

I don't think he's not wanting people to wear masks, he's wanting to appease the Allen West, Jade Helm, hair dresser crazies. Cover up his on failures as a leader and if innocent people die along the way so be it.  

He's a fucking coward.  It all starts there.  

Every bit of his time as governor has been marked by him being too scared to do the right thing.  

He's stuck his dick in crazy now he's afraid that he's going to be the bunny in the pot.

I've made plenty of spine jokes, mainly because they write themselves, but also because it fits him to a T. 

Fuck him.

Edited by Post Oak
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

seems to be a lot of posters taking cuomo to account on his thread who have not posted on this abbot being abbot thread.

funny how that works. 

this is not a whatabout. this is an observation about how posters on a texas centric board really get wound up about bad shit new york politicians do who sure don't seem to get wound up about the shit performance of texas politicians.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

seems to be a lot of posters taking cuomo to account on his thread who have not posted on this abbot being abbot thread.

funny how that works. 

this is not a whatabout. this is an observation about how posters on a texas centric board really get wound up about bad shit new york politicians do who sure don't seem to get wound up about the shit performance of texas politicians.

Against my better judgment, I'll give OnBoard somewhat of a pass, because he lives in Virginia and is much closer to NYC than TX. I'm not even sure he even has ties to our state other than this website. That said, I would appreciate him weighing in on our governor's decision. Having said that, I would like to hear from the others.

59 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I don't this this is working out like he hoped.  I live in a very Republican county and at HEB yesterday mask usage was almost universal just like it's been.

Mask requirements don’t end until Wednesday. I hope you’re right though. 

Be a hero and shit on the ceiling!
  • Hook 'Em 1

This wouldn’t be nearly as bad if it didn’t fucking work. But it does. People actually believe this shit. 

I wish we could just brush him off as an asshole, but he’s actually dangerous. They learned from the master. Lie you’re ass off all the time about everything and millions will believe it. Millions. 
I don't think it works with very many people. All my conservative relatives roll thier eyes at this shit. Some even hope he no longer has a seat in government. But come election day they will pull the lever for a pile of dog shit as long as it's R. It's some gut level feeling with no cognitive basis other than govt bad, guns, no bortion. It's bizzarre to see in action.
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I don't think it works with very many people. All my conservative relatives roll thier eyes at this shit. Some even hope he no longer has a seat in government. But come election day they will pull the lever for a pile of dog shit as long as it's R. It's some gut level feeling with no cognitive basis other than govt bad, guns, no bortion. It's bizzarre to see in action.

That means this works, 100%.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I don't think he's not wanting people to wear masks, he's wanting to appease the Allen West, Jade Helm, hair dresser crazies. Cover up his on failures as a leader and if innocent people die along the way so be it.  

He's a fucking coward.  It all starts there.  

Every bit of his time as governor has been marked by him being too scared to do the right thing.  

He's stuck his dick in crazy now he's afraid that he's going to be the bunny in the pot.

I've made plenty of spine jokes, mainly because they write themselves, but also because it fits him to a T. 

Fuck him.

Get him to roll under one of your avatar's big rotted branches so it can finish him off. I can't find a slot anywhere near me. I could drive to Vidor but I might get dragged behind a pickup for being brown in their town so fuck that. 

Edited by burntorangebongos