Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well, then here's hoping that happens. go fuck yourself.

You eat poop for breakfast?

But seriously, it's my opinion and belief and how I lead in life as the paterfamilias. If that were to happen rather than hit the kill switch, I would redeem the child by raising it as my own. Your mileage may vary, and it appears to do so. I'm sorry that makes us mortal enemies or whatever in your mind.

1 minute ago, DonkeyCigars said:

You eat poop for breakfast?

But seriously, it's my opinion and belief and how I lead in life as the paterfamilias. If that were to happen rather than hit the kill switch, I would redeem the child by raising it as my own. Your mileage may vary, and it appears to do so. I'm sorry that makes us mortal enemies or whatever in your mind.

I like how you call women who get abortions murderers but pretend that’s not an emotionally charged claim and play the aggrieved party when someone replies with an emotionally charged response. You’re learning from Anastasis quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

If it's not worth arguing, then maybe we should just go with what the majority of Texans want.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/03/02/texas-gambling-abortion-marijuana-confederate/

Capture.jpg

The politics of it gets sticky, I agree. 

That is why I don't really care to crow or advocate; I think we should all pattern and execute our lives around our own vision and mission for ourselves and our family. But if the government is going to fall backwards into an alignment of one of my ideals, I'm not going to be mad about it.

Just now, DonkeyCigars said:

I think we should all pattern and execute our lives around our own vision and mission for ourselves and our family. 

Good luck to your daughter in carrying out her vision and mission for her family if she is subjected to the hypothetical that was posed.  

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so if your daughter/sister/mother gets pregnant by rape then in your eyes they should carry that child to term and care for it the rest of their lives? is that your stance? if that's what you believe and you're bolstered by what your "god" says then your god is a fucking piece of shit. 

i mean Olivia Benson turned out great 😄😐

i'm more concerned about incest and the potential for genetic defects. or what about couples that find out mid-term that there baby will suffer some horrible condition, have no brain, heart outside body, whatever... plenty of those horror stories out there. i guess...road trip! 🙄

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Last week a 12 year old girl in foster care turned up pregnant, ostensibly by another juvenile. So some of them are rutting, not rotting.

well she better get her shit together then!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Anastasis said:

It's quite the world we live in where we decide to reframe the uniquely female ability to bring life into this world, by casting that ability into one where their female qualities are actually empowered by the ability to snuff one out before it comes into the world. 

Especially galling when the biblical abortifacient (and matricidal) bitter waters is solely at the husband’s discretion, amirite?

56 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I like how you call women who get abortions murderers but pretend that’s not an emotionally charged claim and play the aggrieved party when someone replies with an emotionally charged response. You’re learning from Anastasis quickly.

Every time a man nuts into a sock after rubbing one out, that’s thousands or millions of potential lives, crusting up your 90s tube socks  

Let me know when men can get sued for murder. 

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Males and their irresponsible ejaculations are responsible for unwanted pregnancies.  Men orgasm and could impregnate multiple women in one day. Abortion and male birth control and men's distaste for male birth control is a large part of the equation.

The dude (and it will be a dude) that invents contraceptive beer will win a Nobel Peace Prize while the world's population plummets immediately.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Every time a man nuts into a sock after rubbing one out, that’s thousands or millions of potential lives, crusting up your 90s tube socks  

and don't even think about pulling out, then you're creating two accomplices to hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of murders

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Essentially what you're saying is "I admire women because they can do this thing I can't do so therefore we should require them to do that thing."

Uh, yeah, I have not said anything like that at all. 

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

It appears we’re shitposting now. Who is responsible for more more dead babies, God thru miscarriages or a 14 year old and his sock collection?

couple more hours until Sack shows up for his Thursday HH. I cannot wait.

this whole fucking site is shitposting. maybe not literally, like the last site, but in spirit

oh, and god by a country mile. no one will ever touch his kill record

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

"Look ma'am, I know you've been raped and are now carrying your rapists child, but I'm here to support you! Oh, no, sorry, I can't help you get an abortion, I'm here to make sure you don't get one. But I want to help you heal!"

And your rapist gets visitation rights.

42 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

But if the government is going to fall backwards into an alignment of one of my ideals, I'm not going to be mad about it.

Really, the government should go all in, or butt out.  Everyone at birth should be temporarily sterilized, and then anyone who wants to have a kid needs to be means tested and genetic tested in order to determine if the government should allow it.  Otherwise, if as a government you're not going to do that, you don't have a say in who does what.  You either regulate who has kids, take complete responsibility for all kids, or shut up about any of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Socks with heartbeats, eh? Besides being your cool band name, not sure it's germane.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

The closest that I have come to proposing a public policy wrt abortion on this thread is to say that we should consider focusing on reducing the abortion rate in situations where it is the third or greater go around. That would seem to be a place where all but the most extreme would be able to find some common ground and see a public health opportunity.  

If you sterilize them they can't have abortions.  /Oliver Wendell Holmes

21 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

When you sit down at the dinner table in 4 hours make sure to tell your wife and daughter that if they get raped and pregnant as a result, you will raise the child as your own. Please report back

We don't typically talk about the .0001% hypotheticals of messed up things that can happen, but I suppose we could build out a theme for tonight's dinner entertainment: "Extremely low hypotheticals and our family plan". We can talk about this, we can discuss a nuclear strike from China and maybe what would happen in a meteor strike.

9 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Really, the government should go all in, or butt out.  Everyone at birth should be temporarily sterilized, and then anyone who wants to have a kid needs to be means tested and genetic tested in order to determine if the government should allow it.  Otherwise, if as a government you're not going to do that, you don't have a say in who does what.  You either regulate who has kids, take complete responsibility for all kids, or shut up about any of it.  

The government can do what it wants, will of the people or whatever, who cares. 

At the end of the day, the government is not going to define or influence my beliefs and worldview and ideals. I happen to think the government got it right here and am pleasantly surprised. That's all I got to say about that.

4 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

We don't typically talk about the .0001% hypotheticals of messed up things that can happen, but I suppose we could build out a theme for tonight's dinner entertainment: "Extremely low hypotheticals and our family plan". We can talk about this, we can discuss a nuclear strike from China and maybe what would happen in a meteor strike.

Do you think only .0001% of women are raped? It’s sadly a much higher possibility than you think it might be.

• Rage+1 1

The Legally Blonde Rule.
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Do you think only .0001% of women are raped? It’s sadly a much higher possibility than you think it might be.

Raped and pregnant. What is the % of women that happens to? I took a guess, am probably wrong, but the point remains; highly improbable and too statistically insignificant to build a position or case around IMO. But even in that black swan event, I stand by abortion being murder and the right thing to do, in my opinion, is to redeem and raise the baby. I appreciate your disagreement and think you have the right and free will to raise your family as you see fit, also.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Your god sucks ass.

Stan, sometimes God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God, Stan. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad. Do you understand?

Stan : But then, why does God give us anything to start with?

Chef : Well, look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, then you would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

As far as actually discussing the factors influencing the decision to have an abortion, seems like there are more than a few items here that people coming from different perspectives on the issue could align around addressing as a society.

Screenshot-2021-05-20-151348.jpg

1 minute ago, hookemATL said:

Stan, sometimes God takes those closest to us, because it makes him feel better about himself. He is a very vengeful God, Stan. He's all pissed off about something we did thousands of years ago. He just can't get over it, so he doesn't care who he takes. Children, puppies, it don't matter to him, so long as it makes us sad. Do you understand?

Stan : But then, why does God give us anything to start with?

Chef : Well, look at it this way: if you want to make a baby cry, first you give it a lollipop. Then you take it away. If you never give it a lollipop to begin with, then you would have nothin' to cry about. That's like God, who gives us life and love and help just so that he can tear it all away and make us cry, so he can drink the sweet milk of our tears. You see, it's our tears, Stan, that give God his great power.

Watch it, you might get sued by the GQP for stealing their nonexistent platform.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

As far as actually discussing the factors influencing the decision to have an abortion, seems like there are more than a few items here that people coming from different perspectives on the issue could align around addressing as a society.

Screenshot-2021-05-20-151348.jpg

Woah woah woah. Next you're going to tell me that people are selfish.

The interesting hold around the politics of abortion is that, no matter how much I can appreciate some aspects of D's or things that I like, ultimately, Democrats will politically rationalize, justify, dehumanize, and abstract the fact that abortion is killing a human life form. I just can't reconcile that fact. And there are a lot of people like me who ultimately have to vote for pro-life candidates because it's that serious and obvious and cut-and-dried a matter to us.

And look...I say all that with the realization that it isn't pragmatic. It's in all our material and superficial best interest to abort, especially with teens and poverty, because those babies aren't going to get the support they need to reach their potential in this world, statistically speaking. These kids will be the criminals and deadbeats and drag down the bottom line of America and as Malcolm Gladwell has shown, it's in the best interest of polite society (and as some have over-rotated and said on this very thread) to allow only those with means and ability to responsible for children.

But, in my opinion, there are lots of shortcuts and easier options to make for a more utilitarian society. We can't just kill people who are inconvenient to us. That's vanity sociopathy.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Raped and pregnant. What is the % of women that happens to? I took a guess, am probably wrong, but the point remains; highly improbable and too statistically insignificant to build a position or case around IMO. But even in that black swan event, I stand by abortion being murder and the right thing to do, in my opinion, is to redeem and raise the baby. I appreciate your disagreement and think you have the right and free will to raise your family as you see fit, also.

I’d guess the statistical probability is the same as having unprotected sex with someone who isn’t raping you. I’m sure one of the first thing anyone is going to do after hearing their child was raped, after consoling, is to get a pregnancy test. So yea I have a huge difference of opinion in it being a “black swan” event.

Women who get abortions are selfish murderers*.

Ah, I see I've touched a nerve. Shame we cant discuss this like reasonable adults.

*Based on my own, personal definition of when life begins that I reached after consulting the bible, some facebook posts, and my feelings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2