Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I wonder what other school districts will do. My kids are in HPISD. There is a group of nutter parents (Park Cities Parents Unite) -- some are not overtly political but are being used as 'useful idiots' by those who are alt-right, Christian shit-heads and then of course you have quite a few over-privileged, myopic/selfish assholes -- who are vehemently opposed to all masks and other measures that "get in the way of Junior's standard of learning." Or somesuch. They were anti-mask ALL YEAR and were very vocal about it. Some dipshit freshman in my daughter's class was apparently repeatedly sent home from school for openly refusing to wear the mandated mask. His parents made a big spectacle of it and they very obviously put him up to it. Oh, then they filed a lawsuit against the district.

Well, things were looking so great for Texas in the first week of June that HPISD very openly dropped the mask mandate and said (I believe) there would be no mask mandate when school started in the fall. Well, here we are in the fall and I wonder if they can get the toothpaste back in the tube at this point. It's gonna be a shit-show if they try and reinstitute the mandatory mask rules.

The only positive is that the vax rate of those eligible to get it in HP/UP is in the mid-70's at this point.

westlake/eanes has the same thing.  it would be laughably stupid if it weren't so potentially dangerous.  as bozo said, it's the worst kind because we have a lot of moms at home with too much money to spend and too much time on their hands for spending on facebook all day.  we had two school board seats open up and we had two anti-mask crusaders with a lot of money and visibility make a whole bunch of noise and garnered a lot of vocal/agitation support last spring but fortunately, the silent majority in this case sent them packing fairly emphatically.  one of them was downright trump-esque in strategy but she got shown the door 55-45 despite a 10x war chest (literally).

they haven't stopped though and the dumbfuck crt debate actually broke out at a summer board meeting in which the more dipshitty portion of our community got loud again, tilting at imaginary windmills.  board meets tomorrow night...thaaaaat should be fun.  you'd have to be deranged to actually want to have sit there and listen to these shit-for-brains.  i have no idea how they do it.

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

westlake/eanes has the same thing.  it would be laughably stupid if it weren't so potentially dangerous.  as bozo said, it's the worst kind because we have a lot of moms at home with too much money to spend and too much time on their hands for spending on facebook all day.  we had two school board seats open up and we had two anti-mask crusaders with a lot of money and visibility make a whole bunch of noise and garnered a lot of vocal/agitation support last spring but fortunately, the silent majority in this case sent them packing fairly emphatically.  one of them was downright trump-esque in strategy but she got shown the door 55-45 despite a 10x war chest (literally).

they haven't stopped though and the dumbfuck crt debate actually broke out at a summer board meeting in which the more dipshitty portion of our community got loud again, tilting at imaginary windmills.  board meets tomorrow night...thaaaaat should be fun.  you'd have to be deranged to actually want to have sit there and listen to these shit-for-brains.  i have no idea how they do it.

Shit. Sounds exactly like what was happening here. Our school board "fun" last spring was financed by the guy that apparently was behind the Dallas Justice mailer that made it all the way to noted fuckhead Tucker Carlson: https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2021/07/dallas-justice-now-fact-or-fiction/

They had an out-of-state political consultant and spent like $40K+ on a school board seat election. Fucking crazy town.

https://www.pcparentsunite.org/

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Shit. Sounds exactly like what was happening here. Our school board "fun" last spring was financed by the guy that apparently was behind the Dallas Justice mailer that made it all the way to noted fuckhead Tucker Carlson: https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburner/2021/07/dallas-justice-now-fact-or-fiction/

They had an out-of-state political consultant and spent like $40K+ on a school board seat election. Fucking crazy town.

https://www.pcparentsunite.org/

jen stevens - the woman that was running a trump campaign and got mopped - got a $90K check written by one guy.  she had a $110K+ budget.  i get some satisfaction that this dumbfuck dude spent $20 per vote to lose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

You got that right.  

So I heard that DISD's superintendent was on a public conference call this morning basically daring Abbott to come after him.  Which makes me think DISD's attorneys have advised him he's on pretty solid legal ground.  If Houston and Austin follow suit, this is going to be fantastic come election season:  "Abbott, he freezes/cooks/covids adult Texans to death and is the enemy of Texas children."  

Gonna make for some great ads.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

You don’t realize that this is something the Abbott campaign would use to solidify his base.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Yeah, but those are going to be his own ads.

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Once more for the people in the back: cruelty is the point

Get it, y'all do.

eba668b4183bfd89cbf2501d7443de4db761c266

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, sidis said:

jen stevens - the woman that was running a trump campaign and got mopped - got a $90K check written by one guy.  she had a $110K+ budget.  i get some satisfaction that this dumbfuck dude spent $20 per vote to lose.

And hopefully still has enough campaign signs still in plastic wrap to take up the space of an entire car in her garage.

51 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

so, if enough R's are out with covid, can the dems swoop in and pass whatever they want?

No. It’s only 10 GOP. Phelan also has full control of the calendar.  If all Dems came back, it’s still 72 R, 67 D and 1 vacancy 

6 hours ago, sidis said:

Yeah Leonard’s letter tonight  was depressing to read because it was DEI applied to masking.  We’re living among a fifty percent insane population.  I don’t know what the endgame is but I think it will involve me not living in Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/09/texas-mask-mandates-greg-abbott-dallas-county-clay-jenkins/

Dallas County Judge is suing Abbott, and I've heard that more county judges will be following suit. 

A non-profit group is suing Abbott, claiming that the Texas Education Code requires a safe environment for special needs kids, and that fucking around and letting a bunch of unmasked kids spread it is a problem for them.

And this all after Abbott is requesting help from other states, so that's not going to help him at all.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

UT doesn't have any type of leadership classes in their BBA program ??

or abbott was too dumb for anything of substance to soak in ?

Abbott is actually a very smart person, which is just another reason it's enraging to see what he's become. Same with DeSantis, Hawley, Cruz, et. al. Their souls are dipped in dogshit, all of em. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I hope blue states that can spare some docs and nurses tell Texas they can have some help if they pass sweeping legislation that expands voting rights, repeals their “Abortion Hunting” law, and shoots Ted Cruz out of a cannon into the ocean.

Don’t you mean the sun?  It’s the only way to be sure. 

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Their puppet candidate dumbass blondo got trucked - after she claimed she had nothing to do with the ridiculous character attack on her opponent. In a school board election.  That backfired big time and she got smoked. 

HPISD will not let people like this on the Board. It will never happen. That girl’s rep here is ruined forever. People who are close to her think she’s a dumbass, but now 30,000 people know. 

She definitely knew more than she let on but I think she was ultimately duped by the puppet masters pulling the strings. The absolute best was when the out-of-state consultant got stone-cold busted answering questions for her via her personal FB account. That was glorious.

32 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Abbott is actually a very smart person, which is just another reason it's enraging to see what he's become. Same with DeSantis, Hawley, Cruz, et. al. Their souls are dipped in dogshit, all of em. 

meh, if he was an am grad everyone here would be raging about his low iq 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/08/09/texas-mask-mandates-greg-abbott-dallas-county-clay-jenkins/

Dallas County Judge is suing Abbott, and I've heard that more county judges will be following suit. 

A non-profit group is suing Abbott, claiming that the Texas Education Code requires a safe environment for special needs kids, and that fucking around and letting a bunch of unmasked kids spread it is a problem for them.

And this all after Abbott is requesting help from other states, so that's not going to help him at all.

I know Clay a little bit. Our daughters were in Y Princesses together. He's an odd duck and could never win a Texas gubernatorial race due to his personality (or lack thereof) but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat at this point.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I hope blue states that can spare some docs and nurses tell Texas they can have some help if they pass sweeping legislation that expands voting rights, repeals their “Abortion Hunting” law, and shoots Ted Cruz out of a cannon into the ocean.

200.gif

55 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

DeSantis is a moron.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I know Clay a little bit. Our daughters were in Y Princesses together. He's an odd duck and could never win a Texas gubernatorial race due to his personality (or lack thereof) but I'd vote for him in a heartbeat at this point.

200.gif

DeSantis is a moron.

Guy is a Yale and Harvard Law grad with honors...I assure you he's not. He and Abbott act like morons, and it's worked for them so far. Their states, not so much. 

It's evil, not stupidity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Why do you hate the ocean? We have the ability to shoot him into outer space. Carpe booster.

• Drool 1

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

Guy is a Yale and Harvard Law grad with honors...I assure you he's not. He and Abbott act like morons, and it's worked for them so far. Their states, not so much. 

It's evil, not stupidity. 

DeSantis has to act stupid because Republicans would never vote for him if he appeared to be too smart.

5 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

Greg Abbott puts children at risk to help him win the Republican primary. It’s that simple. He cares more about being Governor than Texas school children.

How morally bankrupt can one individual be?

See: American Presidential History, Jan 20, 2017 to January 20, 2021

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’d be curious to see how Abbott is polling in the non crazy burbs 

I would be as well.  If Delta had not kicked in, and things were like they were a month ago, I'd think he'd be doing somewhat okay.

But Delta kicked in and his assholishness towards school districts over the past few weeks.....I can't see how that would play well with a lot of parents.

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I would be as well.  If Delta had not kicked in, and things were like they were a month ago, I'd think he'd be doing somewhat okay.

But Delta kicked in and his assholishness towards school districts over the past few weeks.....I can't see how that would play well with a lot of parents.

Beto looking pretty pretty good to moms in the burbs 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Dallas and Austin ISDs have told Abbott to fuck off, and Houston appears to be headed that way.

Why not err on the side of caution rather than the alternative? Not that it's a mistake, but it sure beats the other narrative.  They argue for the dumbest shit rather than for responsible actions.  We get it--anti-vaxxers, against global warming/reasonable gun control (gun giveaways at banks, car dealerships and real estate viewings)/alternative fuels.  They are a doomsday cult--follow their lead so they get paid and we get fucked.  I don't understand the logic for the masses is all.  What's the buy-in?  Yeah, cruelty but it doesn't exclude their families.  Just more moral policing with immoral police. And they're so phony with their fighting for individual rights and freedom.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1