Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

Oh Greg, you shit for brains.  He's testing you as used2b points out.  If you don't enthusiastically call for this and whip up a convincing vote, your endorsement is in serious danger.  You think it's a fucking coincidence this comes the same week as Huffhines has completely put you under his thumb?  

Spoiler alert, Greg.  No matter what happens on HB16.........you're fucked.  

It is the ..."and enables audits for future elections..." that is in the middle of the letter. That is the projection and them telling you what they are going to do.

Text of the bill here: https://www.billtrack50.com/billdetail/1387623

It also provides a civil penalty for violations, $500 per violation.

I'm not going to post all the text here but if there is a review, the county clerk has to appoint a committee with the following in mind:

(e) The committee members must be:

(1) qualified voters of the county; and

(2) selected with the intent that the committee contain expertise in:

(A) advanced mathematics;

(B) voting systems;

(C) statistics;

(D) computer software operations; and

(E) methods of random selection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you even cyber ninjas, bro?

tfw trump and friends used the 8chan admins as "voting system experts" in their legal filings

It's nothing but a fig leaf to let county clerks put whatever crazies they want onto the committee and then use their placing to justify future placing in """voter security""" committees. 

3 hours ago, used2b said:

This is a loyalty test. It is hilarious.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Oh Greg, you shit for brains.  He's testing you as used2b points out.  If you don't enthusiastically call for this and whip up a convincing vote, your endorsement is in serious danger.  You think it's a fucking coincidence this comes the same week as Huffhines has completely put you under his thumb?  

It would be just like Trump to completely wreck the Republican primaries in Texas, without him giving a shit about the outcome, as long as Abbott is not in his way.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

It's so surprising that Trump is about to shit all over Abbott despite years of faithful ass kissing.

I'm sure Rudy thought the same thing up until recently.

If Trump is planning on running, even if he has no desire to do anything more than campaign and raise money and not actually run in the general, people like Abbott represent money that should go into Trump's coffers instead of Abbott's.

If Trump starts acting towards DeSantis the same way he is acting towards Abbott, and putting him on the spot/pushing loyalty tests, then Trump is definitely running, even if he has no plan of actually trying to win.

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Does Trump understand he already won Texas and winning by more does nothing for him? 

Who am I kidding, of course he doesn't. 

long game to find 'fraud' in Hou / DFW / I35 corridor (and all US urban areas). those areas must be neutralized for the R's to have future success. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

So much winning.  And I think many of us might argue that Abbott and his legislative friends pushed this so that the tech companies can't crack down on hate speech and misinformation.

https://gizmodo.com/big-tech-sues-texas-over-its-social-media-law-that-seem-1847730926

Two major technology trade groups repping some of the biggest names in tech—including Facebook, Youtube, and Twitter—are suing the state of Texas over the state’s new law barring their platforms from cracking down on far-right content. 

The Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA) and NetChoice co-filed the new suit, which you can read for yourself here. In a nutshell, both allege that the law, known as H.B. 20 or the ‘Freedom from Censorship Act,’ which Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signed earlier this month, will end up doing more harm than good.

At a minimum, the lawsuit states, the law would kneecap a major platform’s ability to stomp out violent hate speech and misinformation, which the complaint says is a violation of companies’ First Amendment rights. Considering content moderation is kind of struggle for them already, you can imagine why a law like this would get under their skin.

“At a minimum, H.B. 20 would unconstitutionally require platforms like YouTube and Facebook to disseminate, for example, pro-Nazi speech, terrorist propaganda, foreign government disinformation, and medical misinformation,” the lawsuit reads. “In fact, legislators rejected amendments that would explicitly allow platforms to exclude vaccine misinformation, terrorist content, and Holocaust denial.”

It’s not very often that we’re inclined to agree with the think tanks and deep-pocketed trade groups directly undercutting most tech legislation efforts, but in this case, they have a point. Texas lawmakers were spurred to pass H.B. 20 by a wide margin following Donald Trump’s abrupt suspension from every major platform following the January 6 attack on the U.S. capitol. While Facebook and Twitter argued that the decision was based on the ex-president’s “severe violations” of their rules and the risk of “further incitement of violence” if he were allowed to remain, the Lone Star State saw things differently. They saw the move as censorship of conservatives, plain and simple—and that’s where H.B. 20 comes in.

The law, at its core, prohibits social platforms with more than 50 million users (like the ones behind this new suit) from barring users based on political viewpoint alone. These same platforms would need to create complaint systems where people could challenge a company’s decisions to remove their content—and if those people are Texas residents (including Texas lawmakers), H.B. 20 allows them to file suit against said companies if they believe they were wrongfully banned. 

lawsuit:

https://netchoice.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/1-main.pdf

These people are criminals. They are stealing our money to fund a completely useless and nonsensical project. They will most likely find evidence of Republican voter fraud, if anything, but of course that won’t matter. Fuck you simulation. 
I mean it's not like we learned this week that Trump knew the claims of election fraud were false just days after the election.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

long game to find 'fraud' in Hou / DFW / I35 corridor (and all US urban areas). those areas must be neutralized for the R's to have future success. 

This is exactly what it is. (And maybe the added bonus of a purity test of Abbott's loyalty to Dotard.)

"In 2019, which is the last year that we have numbers for, almost 15,000 cases of rape were reported in your state of Texas," Wallace told Abbott. "And almost everyone says that's a severe undercount. There are a lot more cases that just aren't reported."

"Is it reasonable to say to somebody who is the victim of rape and might not understand that they are pregnant until six weeks, 'Well, don't worry about it because we're going to eliminate rape as a problem in the state of Texas,'" the Fox News host asked.

"Survivors of sexual assault, they deserve support," Abbott replied, skirting the question. "Texas is stepping up to make sure we provide that by signing a law and creating in the governor's office a sexual assault survivors task force."

"Governor, excuse me," Wallace interrupted. "There were more than 15,000 rapes in 2019 when you were governor."

The Fox News host went on to ask Abbott if he would sign a law allowing abortion in cases of rape.

"Are you saying, sir, I don't mean to interrupt, but are you saying that you will not sign an exception for rape and incest?" Wallace pressed.

"You're making a hypothetical that's not going to happen because that bill is not going to reach my desk," Abbott replied.

Keep digging that hole Abbott.  Keep digging that hole.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, AnTiM said:

I see our governor is authorizing vote recounts in four counties at trump's request.  Hey Governor Abbott, why the fuck don't you try governing our state instead of kissing a traitorous bastard's ass?  Just do your fkn job.

Fuck him and his stupid legs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AnTiM said:

I see our governor is authorizing vote recounts in four counties at trump's request.  Hey Governor Abbott, why the fuck don't you try governing our state instead of kissing a traitorous bastard's ass?  Just do your fkn job.

The problem is that his job, as he sees it, is to out-Trump Ron DeSantis so that he gets a shot at becoming President Hot Wheels in 2024.

He doesn't give half a shit about Texas or Texans.  We're a stepping stone.  

• Like 2