Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Never mind that most women don’t know they’re pregnant by 6 weeks

Please, as if any of these men know how that works. 

And the GOP women who enable them believe it's God himself directing the sperm to the egg .  Not that they'd ever think about such vulgar things. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would make Rick Perry Governor for life tomorrow if it meant getting rid of Abbott. Not joking. 

that's been the most humiliating thing about all this.  about 6 months into abbott, when we'd dealt with jade helm and were off to such an embarrassing start, realizing abbott was going to be so much worse than the aggie.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I would make Rick Perry Governor for life tomorrow if it meant getting rid of Abbott. Not joking. 

Not that I really care to defend Abbott,   but your continued repetition of this idea seems misplaced-I would be shocked if Perry did other than pander to the loonies and protect his right flank.  

16 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Not that I really care to defend Abbott,   but your continued repetition of this idea seems misplaced-I would be shocked if Perry did other than pander to the loonies and protect his right flank.  

Completely disagree. In addition to being a much better leader, he's much more charismatic and has far better political instincts than Abbott, and wouldn't be in this jam to begin with.  

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Uh, so once they commit rape...Texas will work tirelessly to get them off the streets and prosecuted?  Okay.  I'll applaud that.  Great idea.

Anybody wanna talk about the other thing left out there?  

The part where she was dressed like she wanted it?

32 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Rick Perry wouldn't let himself be dragged down by primary opponents who will probably not see double digits in the primary.

Yes, but see...the fewer rapists...the fewer abortions they can pressure their victims into having.  

You gotta think long game here.  Abbott's mental strides are vast, they contain multitudes of distance.

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Uh, so once they commit rape...Texas will work tirelessly to get them off the streets and prosecuted?  Okay.  I'll applaud that.  Great idea.

Anybody wanna talk about the other thing left out there?  

hmm new business model idea here. rape, impregnate, sue, profit. 

show me a loss!

Edited by staboner

On 9/4/2021 at 1:24 AM, Fudge Nuggets said:

He had no problem getting political when he held CA hostage over his manufacturing facility.  Suck my dick you fucking shit head.

musk is a meglo. he believes in nothing but himself to achieve whatever ill you put in front of him. all constructs around that goal are fluid and up for whatever passing interpretation works that day. if we had a more caring society with people not having a 2 second memory he would have been written off long ago after his 2nd hollow statement

meglomaniacs. too many running around these days for my liking. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday announced a third special legislative session that will begin on Sept. 20 and tackle redistricting, restrictions on transgender student athletes and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

I get shitting on transgender students. That's on brand. But redistricting? Aren't we gerrymandered enough already?

6 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Rick Perry worked for the Trump administration and was one of the only one's not to come away with Trump stink.

While Abbott goes running to Trumpism with open arms. Perry basically did this while being in the Trump administration.

hide GIF

6 hours ago, F250 said:

Rick Perry worked for the Trump administration and was one of the only one's not to come away with Trump stink.

Except for getting thrown under the bus for that whole Ukraine quid pro quo thing.  And all the money funneled to his cronies.

Yeah, other than that he was a model government employee.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.jpeg.267ca66ce2644470b09b6cb6516676c8.jpeg

I'd say so. Most probably don't even know Perry was in the Trump administration. Dude did the standard couple of years in government before leaving his position to go work for a company that is being regulated by his former agency. Typical political grift done without getting tied up in Trump circus act. Abbott on the other hand is doing the full public clown routine.

9 hours ago, F250 said:

While Abbott goes running to Trumpism with open arms. Perry basically did this while being in the Trump administration.

It's weird how Perry came out of that without the Trump stink.

It's kind of like how Fitlump embraced the GQP, but she's avoided all of the anti-mask/anti-vaccine/full-on-Trumpism/etc.

It's weird how some can escape that.

And I would take Perry over Abbott.

9 hours ago, RPM said:

Gov. Greg Abbott on Tuesday announced a third special legislative session that will begin on Sept. 20 and tackle redistricting, restrictions on transgender student athletes and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

I get shitting on transgender students. That's on brand. But redistricting? Aren't we gerrymandered enough already?

Gee, I wonder why he's hot to talk about COVID?

• Rage+1 1

Michelle Obama has her "when they go low, we go high" phrase. Nah. Dems should be plastering billboards across the state, especially in suburbs, about Abbott with his abortion stance and rape comments. And its not even going low, but letting everyone know who he is. And what is he is someone that panders to the far right which isn't in line with many Texas republicans.

And let's not forget that he stood with the Q movement before it was named.  Remember when he stoked the fires of the Jade Helm conspiracies in 2015?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

You have 6 weeks after your first traumatic event to have your second traumatic event. If you don’t, please enjoy the daily reminder of it and love it with your Christian heart.

With no help from the Gov’t who forced this obligation on you.

BOOTSTRAPS

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

I would love for Dems to start playing the game but they're not brave enough.  

They aren't.

They should still be in DC and the abortion and voter suppression bills should never have been passed.  They fucking caved because they don't have guts.  I know you have families and jobs (part time legislators, holla) but you came back and got railroaded. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

Not until the people have had enough.

It’ll be too late.

They’re so brazen now they’ll probably do population unbalanced districts and make Travis, Dallas, Bexar, and Harris counties each as their own districts setting up just 4 democratic districts plus maybe 5 more statewide. They’ll dare the feds to challenge them and take it to the Supreme Court. Guess what happens then.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Michelle Obama has her "when they go low, we go high" phrase. Nah. Dems should be plastering billboards across the state, especially in suburbs, about Abbott with his abortion stance and rape comments. And its not even going low, but letting everyone know who he is. And what is he is someone that panders to the far right which isn't in line with many Texas republicans.

And let's not forget that he stood with the Q movement before it was named.  Remember when he stoked the fires of the Jade Helm conspiracies in 2015?

He doesn't have a leg to stand on.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I would love for Dems to start playing the game but they're not brave enough.  

It doesn't work for democrats. Most who vote democrat already know these idiots are awful. The "swing" voters like conservative bumper stickers because they're easy to remember. "Abortion is Murder" is a lot catchier than "Abortion is a very complex issue and women have to struggle with this consideration for many different reasons, none of them are our business, and women should be trusted to make their own decisions with their bodily autonomy. Making abortion illegal only results in abortions being unsafe and unregulated." 

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's weird how Perry came out of that without the Trump stink.

It's kind of like how Fitlump embraced the GQP, but she's avoided all of the anti-mask/anti-vaccine/full-on-Trumpism/etc.

It's weird how some can escape that.

And I would take Perry over Abbott.

perry is a career politician, of course i came out of it smelling clean 

His poll numbers have been slipping and are now tied with his all time low early in his time in office, which I'm sure he's clearly aware. In my my eyes, that earlier low was hampered by the Neither/Don't Knows who he looks to have been able to slowly convince he was running the state in a competent manner. He even got a big early boost at the beginning of the pandemic, but opposition to him has been steadily climbing since the beginning of the session back in February.

image.png.78e35df318b6b7cd05ccf27f1bc770c5.png

Now, some of that opposition is coming from a few Republicans, but check out the building wave from Independents. He went from 1/3 support, 1/3 opposed, 1/3 meh this past February among Indies to now a whopping 52 percent in opposition. I get why he has to pay attention to his right flank because of the primary, but he sure seems to be pissing off the middle.

image.png.846b33cbcefcb2af6bf69bfd1d7a658a.png

https://texaspolitics.utexas.edu/set/greg-abbott-job-approval-trend

Edited by bolverk
link
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1