Abbott being Abbott

Mo Horn

2 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Texas Repubs like the Q-narrative so much -- they want to cancel anyone who stands up to the massive delusion that serves as the backbone for trumpism. 

Pathetic. Reckless. Aiding and Abetting. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-social-media-bill-censorship-signed-law-governor-abbott/

Communist in nature - the Tex Repubs want to assert State control over the private sector like some got damm Maoist Cult. They see the commies doing it in Red China - and they want to do it in Texas. dumb.

I'm waiting for Emma Briant's book to be published because this is so interconnected. ICYDK, Briant looked into Cambridge Analytica back in 2018 and writes about information warfare and propaganda. She's got a new work coming out, Propaganda Machine, that goes into more detail about the company and its many spin offs (in order to hide connections).

• Hook 'Em 1

Any of you tough-guy alpha males who only bang 10's wanna game this Abbott thing out with me?

"governor Abbott, isn't 6 weeks not enough time for a rape/incest victim to know their pregnant and make abortion arrangements given the trauma of their situation?"

Abbott, "No because we're going to eliminate rapists."

"Okay, isn't 6 weeks not enough time for a woman to know she's pregnant from consensual sex and make abortion arrangements under this new law?"

Abbott, "No because we're going to eliminate consensual pregnancies."  

I mean, if the idea is that we "eliminate" (his word, not mine) the causes of the needs for these abortions.....doesn't it follow that all causes of pregnancies that could result in abortions be eliminated as well?  So which one of you brave patriots and defenders of the unborn is going in for castration first?  You'll be a model to us all.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Any of you tough-guy alpha males who only bang 10's wanna game this Abbott thing out with me?

"governor Abbott, isn't 6 weeks not enough time for a rape/incest victim to know their pregnant and make abortion arrangements given the trauma of their situation?"

"Okay, isn't 6 weeks not enough time for a woman to know she's pregnant from consensual sex and make abortion arrangements under this new law?"

I mean, if the idea is that we "eliminate" (his word, not mine) the causes of the needs for these abortions.....doesn't it follow that all causes of pregnancies that could result in abortions be eliminated as well?  So which one of you brave patriots and defenders of the unborn is going in for castration first?  You'll be a model to us all.  

Look, this is a whole lot easier to understand when you realize that the responsibility for 100% of pregnancies is on the woman.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Actually, I don't think you have to go that far.  Just establish that sticking your dick in a woman without a condom on and without a pre-existing written agreement that you both want any progeny of your union and will not abort it, is an act of attempted murder or at least reckless endangerment.  In any case, ejaculating in a way that may cause pregnancy without first obtaining written assurance that the progeny will not be aborted should be a crime.

It's only fair.

36 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

What a reflection of our Christian and pro-life priorities. Oh and another reminder how Abbott’s PR stunt about conditions of immigrant children in federal facilities was disingenuous bullshit. 

he was probably already aware of this report and was trying to 'other side' it ahead of its release

Like gothic adjacent.  He wears all black and does some lipstick.  But skips the pierced studs and eyeliner.  

As John Mulaney said, "That's why the Goth kids are so sullen and pissy all the time.  They wake up each morning like, 'Oh God, I gotta put all that shit on again'."  

Could the MAGA crowd throw the primary to Huffines?
Probably not - Abbot got 1.4 million votes to Barbara Krueger's 125,000 votes in the 2018 primary.
But Abbot is sure as hell acting like he's got to get that MAGA vote, which circles back to 2024.

The risk is that if he’s not MAGA enough, those voters back Huffines in a losing primary effort and then sit out the general because he’s not their guy.
  • Like 1