TWC bogis claims

HOOKEM4

I am currently enjoying the workforce commissions incompetence. Evidently someone filed under my name and I am getting harassing letters that I am going to be turned over the collections.  I have been gainfully employed since I was a junior in high school over 20 years ago. My company disputed everything but I guess TWC still payed out to whomever scammed them. 

Anyone else dealing with this idiocy? I have tried calling every number I can find and received zero response. I guess I am at the point of carrying a bullshit debt the rest of my life. I live by the c.r.e.a.m. ethos so idgaf.  Jusy wondering if anyone has had any luck solving these issues.

Edited by HOOKEM4
  • Like 1

Apparently it is a big thing these days. We just got an email from hr warning about this. Sucks for everyone involved except the scammers.

Good luck. I’d do what you can officially but don’t expect twc to respond/resolve it quickly. They have been overwhelmed. Curious if other states are experiencing it or just Texas.

I clearly don't care much since I cannot spell any words correctly. Jfc my posts need a proofreader. 

We have 4 from our company. We fired an hr lady at the start of covid. I am concerned she was involved but if not, equifax hack made it pretty easy on the scammers.

Edit: I am skeptical but not asserting hr lady did this. I was not happy about her self ousting. She was a great employee pre covid.

Edited by HOOKEM4

I’ve had a few bogus WC claims filed against my company and paid to the claimant by TX Mutual.  

One in particular was out right fraud but TWCC and TX Mutual didn’t seem to care.  The guy was claiming 75%?or so permanent disability and completely unable to work.  He’s was collecting benefits while working for another company in the industry and assum  in by his normal duties.  He bought a really nice truck and other fun things with the double paycheck.  My outrage was met with a collective yawn from TWCC and Texas Mutual.  Oh, well.  

The other fight with TWCC and TX Mutual were false claims made against my company on behalf of workers injured while working for a company with a very similar name.   That is not fun.  

It does seem nobody particularly cares about this stuff but will talk tough about reporting fraud and abuse. 

10 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I am currently enjoying the workforce commissions incompetence. Evidently someone filed under my name and I am getting harassing letters that I am going to be turned over the collections.  I have been gainfully employed since I was a junior in high school over 20 years ago. My company disputed everything but I guess TWC still payed out to whomever scammed them. 

Anyone else dealing with this idiocy? I have tried calling every number I can find and received zero response. I guess I am at the point of carrying a bullshit debt the rest of my life. I live by the c.r.e.a.m. ethos so idgaf.  Jusy wondering if anyone has had any luck solving these issues.

side note, but need to check to see if they have fully stolen your identity as well (know some people who had a version of this happen, waited a few weeks then started trying to open up bank accounts in their name so they can open CCs)

Edited by NoName

1 minute ago, NoName said:

side note, but need to check to see if they have fully stolen your identity as well (know some people who had a version of this happen, waited a few weeks then started trying to open up bank accounts in their name so they can open CCs)

For sure. I have had my credit locked for some time now. I am sure everything is out there due to the experian hack.